Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 69 reviews
I live in Hawaii, so it's kind of hard to find a good selection of Middle Eastern spices for my old family recipes. I was thrilled to discover a "boutique," organic, spice company offering Za'atar on Amazon (as opposed to one pound bags of stale, mass-produced, non-organic spice mixes.) So far, I've only used it on manoush but I'm very happy with the flavor. I'm four generations removed from my original 19th century Lebanese-immigrant ancestors, so I don't have any experience with genuine food from the region that my family originated from, so I can't say if this za'atar is authentic-tasting. I can tell you that I find it very flavorful, with lots of nuance. It makes my manoush taste like my Grandma's, so that's good. I look forward to trying it in other dishes and I will definitely try other products by the Teeny Tiny Spice Co of Vermont (great name, btw!)

PS - Writing reviews has become an accidental hobby for me, and it always makes my day to know that people find my reviews helpful (and if not, why.)
on October 29, 2015
I'm on my second can of the Za'atar spice blend and absolutely love it! I use it when I make my homemade hummus and I also make an easy salad dressing using this blend of spices. I just use:
1/2 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup organic apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon of the Za-atar spice blend
Put them in a jar and shake it up. This is enough for a few salads.
It's delicious and much healthier than many of the pre-made salad dressings you buy in the supermarket.
Thanks Teeny Tiny Spice Co. of Vermont. I will continue using these spices as long as you make them. And thanks for the can instead of a bottle. I find the can much easier to open and close when I make my recipes.
on December 25, 2015
Love this so spice mixture so much. It is a good sized container so makes a lovely gift for a friend. I use it on chicken breasts - coat the chicken then sear. Let it rest then slice thinly. It is wonderful in a salad and makes a full meal that is healthy.
on August 24, 2014
This blend was fantastic. I will definitely be trying more of their blends. Already turned a few friends onto this company. Not overly salted like a lot of cheap low quality blends. Herbs were clearly recently dried. One of the highest quality blends I've had in a long time.
on November 18, 2015
Not every Za'atar is of the same quality! This one is excellent! We put it on everything - from fish to meats, and into salads. Even as a topping on our bread! My 7 year old loves it, and that says a lot about any product!
on March 12, 2016
You have to try this on roasted butternut squash and onions. It is amazing.
on January 6, 2014
I was looking for Za'atar, probably of a more Israeli variety but ended up ordering this one based on reviews. While it does not taste quite like the one I had in the past, I think I actually like it better. It has a little bit of a citrus-y flavor, and so far i've used it on a bunch of different things, all turned out great - goes well with eggs, fish and meat.
on October 3, 2016
This spice was recommended by a friend and I love it. I've used it on fish, chicken, and in salad dressing. The Teeny Tiny Spice Co. sells high quality products and the packaging keeps the contents fresh and the aroma is wonderful. I highly recommend this for anyone who wants to perk up even the simplest recipes! Nice change of pace!
on April 16, 2013
I love this spice blend sprinkled on a warm pita bread in the morning with some olive oil. Excellent fresh quality in a nice size can. I will definitely purchase from them again!!!
on October 4, 2015
This spice is out of this world good! I love to dip bread in olive oil and then in this for a snack alongside some white wine. Every one of my friends that has tried this absolutely loves it! It is also super yummy on pork and chicken. Any spices I have tried from this company are EXCELLENT!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.