Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TekMat 11-Inch X 17-Inch Handgun Cleaning Mat with 1911 Imprint, Black
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on March 15, 2012
I bought a Kimber 1911 and decided this would be a nice mat for the cleaning/handling bench. It's not bad and is certainly better than putting a $1000 pistol on cardboard. The diagram is clear but nothing great. Overall it's a nice novelty item to show an exploded view of your favorite pistol but don't expect to be using it as an assembly guide (that's not what it is for)
on June 19, 2015
The 1911 is well pictured. The diagram has taken a lot of abuse and is still intact. This mat protects my weapons during cleaning, at the range, and wherever I need a barrier between the weapon and the surface.
No nicks or gouges despite substantial use. No loss of the 1911 diagram either.
Large enough to field strip the 1911 and have all pieces on the mat. Diagramed well enough to put it all back together.
Material feels like neoprene. I expect it to last for years.
on March 21, 2011
I gave this as a gift to a friend, when it arrived I wanted to confirm the quality, feel etc.. I am very pleased with the quality of this mat. it has a similar feel as a rubber mouse pad but a bit more foamy i.e softer/less dense. I set it on a hard workbench and placed my 1911 on the pad. The pad gives good cushion to the gun and has ample space for tear down. The black surface sometimes makes finding smaller black parts hard to locate but with proper lighting all is well. I do not use any solvents or oils during tear down and re-assembly, I use a separate plywood/towel surface for cleaning as this can be very dirty. Otherwise, Great Gun Mat! I am buying one for my SKS soon.
on December 28, 2015
As far as a working surface for cleaning, disassembling or someplace soft to lay my gun on, this mat works. As far as for a technical resource for my firearms parts… It is just okay. It is difficult to read the text and the print on the pad. I have another one of these for my Beretta PX4 and it is much more crisp. it is almost like they didn't have a good copy of the original document to print by - or their printer wasn't working well with the batch I had.

I did not pay a lot for this item, but it is not a 'resource' for part identification reference as I had hoped.

Overall, it is okay as a soft place to sit your firearm, but that is about it.
on June 15, 2016
I don't really know how to review this product. It's basically like a giant mousepad which was what I was expecting when I purchased it. The important thing is the diagram of the gun for the people that decide to disassemble their weapon completely and realize they just made a huge mistake. Instead of having to admit that you're stupid and have someone else re-assemble your weapon you can refer to the diagram and do it yourself. Maybe.
on January 30, 2016
These are pretty handy to have in a range bag if you have to do some work and want a soft surface. However, what I've found is that it's very easy to loose small pins/springs against the dark color and printing on the mat. I'd rather it was a lighter color without any printing, though it would probably show dirt worse then, it would be easy to see small parts against the mat.
on January 11, 2016
I got this for my hubby. He loves that he can see the exploded version of his weapon and it helps him cleani ti better. It also helps me become more familiar with his handgun, We both are avid shooters but, I am more comfortable with rifles. This cleaning mat lets me understand exactly how this handgun works. I am beyond thrilled. I can even put his handgun apart all on my own.
on December 21, 2015
I purchased this for my father, this is the second tekmat I have purchased. Couldn't be happier my Orignal Ar-15 one is still being used daily as a mouse pad and gun tear down station.

Couldn't be happier to review this product again. It's very cool gift and like I said these are quality no doubt. I hope this company does well so I can buy more or replace my in a few years.
on June 15, 2015
Don't know that I can say much more than has already been said by others. The print is just a touch blurry, but that's not a shock considering it's been screened directly onto the neoprene. Yes, just like the material for a wetsuit. Neoprene is quite durable, washable, and mostly chemical resistant. Unless you dump some heavy acids onto it or use it to sit on and scoot down your driveway you should expect it to hold up for a very long time. I have lighter neoprene gear that's still going strong after 20+ years of use in ocean and pools.
The print quality on this mat is not up to the usual great quality on my other Tekmats. I can read everything, but the printing is noticeably blurrier than on my other Tekmats. Its not bad enough that I will return it, but I am disappointed.

The mat is thin, but more than adequate for my purposes of disassembly/reassembly and cleaning. It appears to be the same mat as my AR mat, so I am assuming it will hold up in the washing machine too.

See 1 answered question