About the Product
- Classic Tekken fighter with new modes for 3DS
- Utilizes all of the 3DS system features
- Also includes Tekken Blood Vengeance movie in 3D! First time a 3D movie has been included on a handheld
- Runs in full 3D at 60 fps!
- Contains the complete Tekken: Blood Vengeance 3D movie and the intense fighting action of the Tekken game series in one package
- Amass your collection of original Tekken cards in-game or use StreetPass functionality to gather them all
- The game includes a roster of over 40 favorite Tekken combatants
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Tekken 3D Prime Edition is a Fighting game that brings the Arcade style action and backstory of the Tekken video game series into the 3d gaming realm like never before. Exclusively for Nintendo 3DS, the 3DS cartridge contains both the game and the complete Tekken: Blood Vengeance 3D movie. Additional features include: a roster of over 40 playable fighters, an in-game card system that utilizes 3DS StreetPass functionality for trading, single player and multiplayer modes, and a smooth 60 fps visible frame rate.
Get Primed for Tekken in 3D Anytime, Anywhere
Play the game, watch the movie. Tekken 3D Prime Edition contains the complete entertainment world of Tekken on a single Nintendo 3DS card. Battle with more than 40 fighters from the Tekken universe and with Young Heihachi for the first time ever. In addition, watch Tekken: Blood Vengeance, a full 3D theatrical experience produced by Digital Frontier in conjunction with the Tekken Project development team. With the satisfying combination of a movie and fully featured portable Tekken gaming experience, players can take Tekken wherever they go.
Key Game Features
- Tekken Experience - Contains the complete Tekken: Blood Vengeance 3D movie and the intense fighting action of the Tekken game series in one package
- Card Collector - Amass your collection of original Tekken cards in-game or use StreetPass functionality to gather them all
- Huge Roster of Fighters - The game includes a roster of over 40 favorite Tekken combatants
- Game Modes - Play in multiple single player modes or take the battle to the streets through local play and internet play
- Bloody Vengeance - Watch the full length theatrical feature Tekken: Blood Vengeance in full 3D through the Nintendo 3DS system
- Smooth, Seamless Gameplay - With a 60 frames per second rate, even with 3D capabilities enabled, Tekken 3D Prime Edition offers players seamless, high-end graphical quality
40+ favorite characters.
3D Tekken movie included.
Varied combat environments.
Adjustable 3D settings.
Top Customer Reviews
If you're a Tekken fan like me, you've already heard a few things: This game runs at a full 60fps in 3D, and it comes with a movie, Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D. I chose this version over Tekken Hybrid for the PS3, which also comes with the movie.
All of the gameplay that you've come to expect from Tekken is here. You've got 40 some characters with all of the moves of Tekken 6. New are the touch screen controls. You can assign move sequences to the touch screen individually for each of the characters. It makes for easy execution of moves or serves as a learning tool for experimenting with combos.
Gone are the story modes of past games. Gone is also the costume customizaton besides changing the colors of costumes (as far as I know). So you only have a few modes left. They feel sparse. It's the usual sequence of battles but without even a final boss fight like Jinpachi or Azazel. Then the credits roll.
This game really does appear to run at 60fps in 3D mode! I also own Dead or Alive Dimensions, which drops to 30fps in 3D, but Tekken remains at full fluidity in 3D. The only time I've noticed the framerate drop is during Lili's victory scene where the camera gets really close to her and she says "Sebastian, they say they're leaving already". The game looks great in 3D, especially in well lit areas. You'll notice a lot of the old backgrounds along with a few new ones.
I have not played the game online or on local VS, but I did go online to see another person host a fight room. I usually play offline anyways. You can unlock and collect some 700 3D picture cards as well.Read more ›
Sure, it might not be the Tekken with the most modes, the most customization, and the most variety, but it is best Tekken I have played in years when it comes to entertainment. The quick battle took me by surprise since I didn't think it would be that great, seemed like a half-assed attempt at the ghost battle mode, but it works, it simply works.
Sure you don't have the ability to chose your next opponent after you win, but that is because this is supposed to replace the arcade mode, it is simply a vastly improved arcade mode, one which fixes every complaint I have ever had when it comes to traditional arcade modes. Gone is the unnecessary unbeatable boss as well as the terrible AI. Instead, you fight 10 rounds (which can be as long and as challenging as you want them to be) against "ghost" AI characters, who are presented as standard versions of their characters. Every character is ranked, and how difficult they are to fight varies on both the difficulty setting as well as how much higher or lower their rank is in comparison to yours, which are concepts straight out of ghost battle mode. So as you can see, quick battle simply takes the best aspects of both arcade mode as well as ghost battle mode and combines them into one mode that simply works on a handheld.
The reason why all of this works is because the game simply feels like it is a far more pure Tekken experience than Tekken 6 as well as Tekken 5 DR.Read more ›
The fighting engine is great, nice FPS and all but the lack of any tangible rewards or customizations make this a complete disappointment as a "full" Tekken game.
To sum it up, it deserves a title:
"Tekken 3D, Halved Edition w/ a Movie!!"
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you like Street Fighter 3DS then you will enjoy this also. Fast action and good graphics. What more do you need?Published 6 months ago by S.C.
Cool game, cool gameplay, cool movie, but... no history or classic arcade mode.
If you want fight with some character untill a boss and unlock an "ending" cinematic of... Read more
It was okay, but there was no story mode. That really took away from the whole experience.Published 13 months ago by Cookie_Cutter