$ 75 $39.99 Save $6.24 (16%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
+ $3.99 shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Multiplayer Match: Challenge your friends in a 2-on-2 tag-team battle, 1-on-1 or 1-on-2
- Pair Play: Up to 4 players can each control a character in the ultimate team battle
- Fight Lab: All new mode to customize combot's appearance & for the first time ever, his moves
- Largest playable roster: More than 50 characters to choose from
- New stages: Fight in your favorite countries around the world
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Never underestimate the heart of a champion. The original Tag Team Fighter that started it all is back. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 delivers new and returning characters in the largest roster ever. Experience the most advanced attack mechanics. Ultimate combo move sets and new battle modes with innovative features to broaden Tekken consumer accessibility. Unlimited fighter combinations and multiple ways to challenge your friends - get ready for the next battle! Environmental FX - Clothing condition alters in real-time with water and dirt effects New Moves - Each character expands their fight arsenal with explosive new tag-throws & tag-combos Online Features - All-new features bring the community together like never before Offline Battle Modes - Re-live the classic arcade mode, train in a first-class practice mode, customize your Team/Character appearance & much more
From the Manufacturer
Click here for a larger image
WE ARE TEKKEN
For the first time on any Nintendo Console - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 delivers completely updated features and the most comprehensive tekken experience to date. play with the largest tekken roster ever, in all new stages, utilizing fully re-engineered multiplayer functionality for optimum online matches. enjoy exclusive wii u features including special battle modes and exclusive costumes. play like a pro with easy shortcuts on the gamepad. the sickest combos, amazing graphics and best selling fighting game franchise of all time is here – get ready for the next battle!
Exclusive Features on Wii U
- Mushroom Battle – Pick up different mushrooms to enable unique power-ups
- Exclusive Costumes – Customize with Nintendo cross-over costumes
- Touch Panel Moves – Use the gamepad touch panel to execute move sets and combos
Key Game Features
- Multiplayer Match – Fight in a 2-on-2 tag-team battle, 1-on-1 or 1-on-2
- Pair Play – The ultimate team brawl with up to 4 players each controlling a character
- Fight Lab – Learn the mechanics & combos of Tekken + customize combot's moves & appearance
- Largest Roster – More than 50 playable characters - the biggest tekken roster ever
- Tekken Channel – Replay video of matches to analyze your hits & misses for the next fight
- New Stages – Fight in your favorite countries and locations around the world
- Tekken Tunes– Mix in-game music to play to a new soundtrack or import your favorite songs
- Classic Modes – Arcade, ghost, versus, team, time attack & survival
- Customization – The most detailed set of customization options yet seen for Tekken
Top customer reviews
You can use the wii u gamepad to set up moves and combos on the wii u gamepad which is really good for beginners. However when taken advantage of though it can give some players an unfair advantage over the traditional way of fighting. I don't own a pro controller at the time of this review (will be getting on soon) but the gamepad feels very good for this game the dpad is one of the best controls for games like these. You can also use the gamepad for off screen play which you have to go into the options menu to change it but it works flawlessly and the game looks just as gorgeous on the gamepad then on the screen (obviously a little downscaled though).
Of coarse none of this stuff really matters when it comes to a fighting game what really matters is the gameplay and cool moves you can do. As in the other tekkens there are plenty of moves and the gameplay is spot on. If your new to tekken and think you can button mash you will be gladly mistaken it takes time to learn the moves (unless you use the gamepad screen) and strategy of the game. The single player portion is fun if you crank the difficulty up as high as you can go there is no story mode but there is arcade mode which is standard for a fighting game but its done pretty well. The online in this game is really good there have been a few lag spots but it doesn't hurt the game any and doesn't happen to often plus that could have been my internet connection.
Theres also Wii U exclusive features such as Mushroom Battle. That mode combines Mario Mushrooms and tekken and is a real fun mode to play however its only 1 vs 1 and I don't believe theres online with it but I can see it being played a lot in local multiplayer matches. Tekken ball also comes back in the Wii U version which is a nice fun diversion not something I will play a lot but for a fun diversion after a few hard online battles. Also all Wii u versions of the game come with the snoop dogg stage which I believe was only a preorder bonus for the other systems. Which if your not a snoop dogg fan you will be like whatever but if you are it should be good for fans. Either if you do or don't like his music its still a decent stage. Anyway This game is pretty much aimed for the hardcore tekken fan and perhaps newcomers alike but there will be a learning curve for the new fighters so if you have a Wii u get this game expecilly if the price stays under $20.
Still again for the price it's a definite look for WiiU owners and if you already have the game for the PS3 or Xbox 360 I still say that for the price it's still worth adding to another consoles library.
I've played this on the 360 and PS3 before and I must say that the Wii U's online mode is far simpler than its other counterparts. You can't host lobbies and the overall match quality is worse. Furthermore, most of the online community do not play the Wii U version.
Otherwise, a solid fighting game on the Wii U.