Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 7, 2017
This Is A Great CD of my favorite television show Themes from my childhood.I'm enjoying the CD alot
on June 14, 2010
I rated this item as "Just Okay" pretty much only because I'm 35 years old and these tracks are all from WAY before my time. In fact, I only recognized a few of them from re-runs. (I'm sure this CD would be a treasure of memories for someone who grew up in the 50s)
I would not have purchased this CD at all, except out of the 7 Volumes in the series, it was the only one I didn't have, and I wanted to complete the set.
The entire TeeVeeToon's Television's Greatest Hit's Series has been discontinued. Anyone looking for these items will have to search used or collector's copies from AmazonMarketplace. Most sellers are asking outrageous prices for these CDs... I just kept checking back every week til I saw one post for less than $20.
Also, a note to any collectors trying to complete the set: There were a few releases of these CDs (especially Vol. 1-3) so album covers and spine lables may not match. Vol. 4-7 have a 3D cover and special jewel case. If you purchase this item USED there is a really good chance it won't come in the original jewel case so the cover will look a little weird.
4 helpful votes
on May 27, 2016
These old tunes bring back a lot of memories.
on July 5, 2016
on January 7, 2013
I love old stuff. The music was just awesome for the time period and it takes me back to a better time. Would highly recommend.
2 helpful votes
on October 25, 2011
I was specifically looking for the "Naked City" theme. The theme is done beautifully. However, it does not play the entire theme. I was expecting the entire theme. Other than that, it is a great CD.
2 helpful votes
on February 24, 2015
I love this series. Lots of memories here.
on November 22, 2013
A great journey down memory lane. I remember most of the themes from the first five volumes of this set. After the mid Eighties, I watched very little commercial TV so the last two volumes of this set have little to offer me.

This CD is a step back chronologically speaking. It picks up material from the fifties and sixties. It also shows, rather convincingly, that the poor sound quality of the first two CDs was only partly the fault of a lackadaisical attitude on behalf of the producers. Even though the third and most of this CD show what can be done if you really try, it also shows that some aspects of poor originals can't be rectified.

"The Real McCoys" has equilization problems with both the highs and the lows. The resulting track has a very hollow sound. A few other tracks sound a bit off, but the problem sounds like a less than full range microphone was used to record the vocals; the vocals seem to lack much in either the upper or lower frequencies. See "The Everglades" and "Candid Camera."

All of these tracks seem to be the original themes from the several TV series.

Despite audio problems with a few of these tracks, this CD can be highly recommended for the purist as well as those who simply want a strole down memory lane.
4 helpful votes
on June 11, 2009
It's hard to complain when your getting 65 themes in one collection, but this volume has some disappointing themes on it and also the missing voice over on 'The Fugitive'. Fortunately, it does have many great ones included too.

The themes sound quality range from OK to excellent, but this is an improvement over the first two CD's as far as sound is concerned. Also, some of the themes don't have the ending credits themes included, which would have been nice. Another problem is that some shows had different themes throughout their run and not all are included.

Over all this set is not bad, but be prepared for some disappointments. I own all 7 CD's from this set and many others, but for some reason some very cool themes aren't included. I've had to do some serious treasure hunting to find them on DVD's or VHS to transfer them to CD.

If you can find this at a reasonable price then buy it.
22 comments|Report abuse
on May 1, 2000
Lots of fun, and I'm glad to have it, but can you really claim any artistic merit for the Roger Ramjet song?
Two other minor points: It's kind of silly to have The Wonderful World of Color on an album called Black and White Classics. Also, I was extremely disappointed in the Fugitive cut without the voiceover. Come on -- is your most vivid memory the music, or William Conrad's voice, " Dr. Richard Kimble, an innocent victim of blind justice..."?
Still, I'm glad I have it. Where else are you going to find Beany & Cecil, Captain Midnight, Soupy Sales, etc. A lot of old friends are here.
The words of Bob Hope's theme song say it best -- "Thanks for the memories."
10 helpful votes