Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 61 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 102 reviews
on February 17, 2016
very easy to use.
on September 21, 2013
I bought this for my 89-year old mother who had been using WebTV for many years with a dial-up connection. When she was informed that WebTV was going to cease to exist in September, she was afraid she'd never be able to operate a computer. It is amazing how fast she has gotten accustomed to high speed internet, Skype, and now even Facebook! With a little help in the beginning she is becoming more and more adept at using it. There is a great feature called Tech Buddy whereby I can log in and access her computer and move the cursor around myself even though I'm in Nevada and my mother is in Texas. This computer is fairly simple to operate and with the ability to enlarge the font as needed my mother, who has macular degeneration, is able to see everything she wants to. I highly recommend this computer.
on January 9, 2013
This is a great computer for individual that have a hard time understanding technology. Excellent way to get them online and on the web.
on February 9, 2014
I have had this computer for some time now, and have found that it is easy for me to operate.

I was very reluctant to buy a computer, as I am 80 years old, and don't really approve of all our

information being on a computer. That said, at least I can control what I put on , so thanks for

an easy to use one.
on September 18, 2013
This computer is great for older parents who mainly want to have email and web access.
It boots up to the home screen with large buttons that always stay on the left side so the user can always get where they want to go. I like that the user can use the touch screen or mouse or alternate to move around the screen.
The 18" is definitely large enough, so the larger screen was not needed for my parents.
I work in an older adult community and will definitely recommend this to our residents.
on March 16, 2012
I helped my mom order this. She finds it so easy, People keep saying that it's not a lot of computer for the money but if mom doesn't use it, it doesn't matter. Mom uses it. My dad tried to teach her before he died, then I did. She has mastered in about 30 days things she could never master before. I think that mainly it's the touch screen, but also the confidence in the fact that it works like a tablet and that she pretty much can't mess it up. I would totally recommend.
on March 13, 2014
I had already bought this computer for my 98 year old father and after seeing how easy to was to read and use, I decided to get one for my mother-in-law who is 92 and uses the computer a great deal.
She was thrilled with its speed, and genuine simple operational format.
on February 10, 2012
This is a good PC for those that are new to the Computer and the Internet world but not a high performance PC for experienced users. My 76 year old mom has had an Apple PC that was supposed to be easy to use but it is always doing something unexpected and as a result, she was constantly frustrated and hardly ever used it. It now collects dust since she gets stuck on something that is hard to solve over the phone.

By contrast, the Telikin we got her has a tight controlled easy interface system that is complete with features so she is not messing with installing software, answering questions in weird pop-up windows or getting confused with program windows that appear and are then gone (in the background). This thing is very easy to use and you just touch the screen or use a mouse. The e-mail is simple, the automatic Face-Book photo integration is just awesome because the F-B photos from her friends now magically appear on the photo albums. Mom now checks the news, weather, email and her calendar every morning. It is fun to actually communicate with her via e-mail a few times a day, finally. Even the grand kids email with her now from the East Coast. However, this PC e-mail app needs more folders so favorite people or subjects can be found later faster. I would also like to see more color choices for the main menu screen.

The free video chat (Skype) feature is the easiest implementation to use I have seen... Way easier than on my business laptop. We cannot believe how simple it is for her to see the grand-kids and talk to them 3,000 miles away for Free with just three touches to the Telikin's screen. This PC is so cool and mom now has some bragging rights with her friends. Pretty funny. This has opened up the world to her, literally. We have relatives in Europe that she now connects with regularly via Video Chat and Face-Book. The touch screen is intuitive to use and it looks great in her kitchen. Everything, like email and contacts, links to the other programs. Even the easy to see keyboard is designed for seniors but the mouse could be bigger.

Best feature is the Tech Buddy. If she has a question or is confused, she just calls me and I link to her PC with mine over the net. With this 'Tech Buddy' feature, I can see what is on her PC desktop and I just walk her through it while I'm at home or at work. She is actually getting pretty independent now after a few weeks. So glad someone invented the Telikin and solved this problem that novice PC users have and allows seniors to join the Internet.

In conclusion, if you need a high powered business or game PC, this is NOT for you. But if you want a simple PC that has all the needed features and games for the modern world but with a super easy & simple point and touch interface, then this is the one to get! Highly recommended for PC newbies and seniors. My 74 year old mother-in-law is next on the gift list.
on August 27, 2011
After exhaustive research I purchased the Telikin Computer for my 85 year old mother. Mom has had a computer for years, but was forever frusted and eventually stopped using it. I was attracted by the touch screen(she does not do well with a mouse), the large buttons and software interface as it was described on the Telikin website. Like many people her age, Mom has short term memory loss and an intuitive interface was crucial for a quality experience. After the initial EASY set up, Mom was reading email, browsing photos family had emailed her, replying to email and surfing newsites on the Internet. Hallelujah!

Telikin keeps it simple and very intuitive. It has an attractive design and a beautiful big screen. The software is what sets this computer apart from other senior oriented computers and it is apparent that a lot of thought went into its design. Is it perfect? No, but it is the best senior computer on the market.

Now, here is what was so exciting to me as a caregiver who lives across town from Mom - I can control her computer from my computer at home. The "Tech Buddy" feature works flawlessly and is simple to use. I can see what she sees and direct her finger to the buttons she needs to push. Both of us can use it at the same time, so once I have pointed with the large red arrow cursor (Telikin allows you to increase the size of the cursor so it is easy to see) to what she needs to touch or look at she can take over. It is a great teaching and problem solving tool. It's fun too - I remotely accessed YouTube and we played old Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington videos which she absolutely loved.

So far Telikin support has been excellent. Yesterday I set up a conference call with Telikin support from my home with Mom sitting at her computer at her home. We both used the speaker function on our phones so we could take notes and operate our computers. Jason, a Telikin Tech, answered our phone call within minutes and was very helpful. He spoke slowly to Mom, and had great patience with her. I don't know how long Telikin can keep up this level of service, but it is the best I have ever experience from ANY vendor. Telikin gives you 60 days of free support and then (I believe) you pay a fee for this service.

The downside of this computer - they have kept it SIMPLE, so don't expect it to do anything beyond the basics such as emailing, skyping, photos, internet, etc. It is capable of doing more, but the software designers wisely opted for simplicity. What is does it does well. Another weakness is the online help manual - it also is simple, too simple for someone like me who likes more information. Most likely they designed it this way so that Seniors (and maybe you :)) can skip the technical stuff.

We have only used this computer two weeks, and have many more functions to explore, so once I have more experience with it I will update my post to Amazon. I am so excited by the opportunities this computer presents seniors to keep it touch with family and their world. Thank you Telikin. Oh, and yes, I did purchase this computer from Amazon and like all of their items I have purchased over the years, it was delivered in good condition and on time.
11 comment| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2011
Purchased the Telikin after reading an article/review in our local newspaper...this desktop computer delivers what they say...user (senior) friendly, easy to set-up and go! My mother is a first time computer user, and is very pleased with Telikin. Delivery from Amazon to Honolulu was incredible....purchased on Saturday and delivered on Wednesday!