Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tempest in a Teapot (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn Series #13)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on February 23, 2012
An out-of-state developer wants to drain Fairy Pond and build a gas station at the site. While the idea of destroying such an idyllic spot of protest in Acorn Hill, there are a few people that would like to see the town become more progressive, catering more to tourists and businessmen who travel through the town. The town is divided, and Mayor Lloyd Tynan is indisposed. Who will try to save the town and the pond?

Louise, Jane and Alice are siblings in their sixties who manage a bed-and-breakfast in Fairy Pond. They are noticing an increase in businessmen staying in their inn, but never think it might be related to the changes at the lake.

A recluse who lives near the pond is someone that Louise used to love, but time and other things broke them up. Is it possible that this hermit might have the answer to the towns problems?

TEMPEST IN A TEAPOT is the thirteenth book in the Tales from Grace Chapel Inn series. I never read any of the other books in the series and I picked this book up because I like Judy Baer's romances. I didn't realize it was women's fiction until after I started reading it.

The story is cute, but it is obvious Ms. Baer isn't at the level of writing she is now. There is a lot of telling, keeping the reader distant. I also got confused about whose point of view we were in at times. But that said, the three main characters were well developed, kind--even to difficult guests, and there are some witty moments that made me smile.

This story--and the collection--was recently repackaged, with new covers. If you are looking for one of Guideposts series written by different authors centered around the same people then TEMPEST IN A TEAPOT (and the other books in this series) would be a good collection.
on March 31, 2010
Very readable with well defined characters. Women with deep christian commitment to family, friends, and community.
on April 2, 2016
The characters in each and every Grace Chapel Inn book take you to that small town you want to visit or be a part of. Filled with Friends, Family, Fun and Faith! This is at least the second time I've read this and many others. Grace Chapel Inn is always a great get-away! Enjoy! I did!
on July 28, 2014
First rate story, moves along well. Characters are strong and become more than just people in a book , you can relate them to people you know. Hard to put down, you want to see how the characters resolve the issues they are facing. Would strongly recommend this book to anyone who wants a feel good storyline with excellent characters.
on October 4, 2013
LOVE, love, love all the books from the Inn at Grace Chapel. I have read 23 & understand there is total of 75. Please, if available, download the remaining. These books are spirit lifting & each one is a story on its own not leaning on the previous books.
on August 18, 2013
I love the uplift this and other books about the Howard Sisters bring me. This book gave an opportunity to watch what can happens as a community looks at change. It was very fun to look at the many reactions human nature can bring. What fun it was to watch as the community came to positive ways to find solutions for their challenges.
on January 21, 2015
as usual the grace chapel Inn series book #13 (tempest in a teapot) held my attention and was a fast read. the characters always leave me feeling like I was reading about family and friends. So warm and inviting.
on April 26, 2012
I was never an avid reader until I found these books. Excellent Reading! A wonderful series of books. I really like the consistency of having the same characters in all the books. Each book is just another chapter in their lives. I love it! Inspirational and always a good moral to the stories. I bought this book to help build my collection of this great series. Now that I have the complete 47 book set, I just wish they'd write more
on October 20, 2014
I love the grace chapel inn series of books. I haven't read them all yet. Ienjoy them and find them very relaxing to read. I got hooked on the series because a friend of mine loaned me one of hers.
on July 28, 2014
Well another episode with the Howard sisters has come to an end. It is amazing how the different authors all capture their personalities as they individually write. Ready for the next one!!