3 Year Lawn and Garden Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Tempest Weather System with Built-in Wind Meter, Rain Gauge, and Accurate Weather Forecasts, Wireless, App and Alexa Enabled
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Reports temperature, solar radiation and UV, humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, dew point, lightning strikes, rainfall and more.
- Solar-powered outdoor sensor with wireless transmission to hub up to 1000+ ft and updates every three seconds.
- No moving parts, nearly zero maintenance, installation in minutes and instant online access via AI-powered app, personal weather webpage, and direct link to Weather Underground.
- Uses WeatherFlow’s advanced machine learning to continuously fine-tune your weather station’s accuracy for a better local forecast over time.
- Share your Tempest dashboard with friends and family or embed a custom HTML code to your website. REST API plus UDP and BLE local broadcast.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The meticulously designed Tempest Weather System leverages powerful machine learning and state of the art modeling capabilities to provide the most precise, local forecast available. WeatherFlow's proprietary AI and data science techniques leverage machine learning to process weather data from your backyard, comparing it against trusted data sources. The result is a more accurate local forecast that only gets better over time. The sensor device has no moving parts, is completely wireless, easy to install, and instant access to your weather data via free iOS and Android apps.
Save time and money with smart home integrations, and protect your family and property with instant alerts to warn of rain, lightning, wind, and much more. Tempest data can be accessed remotely as well as on your local network (even when the internet connection is down), which means your smart home system doesn't have to rely on your Internet connection. Tempest is supported by a growing list of third-party platforms that can take advantage of this feature.
Tempest Features Include:
- Outdoor temp, humidity, dew point, feels like temp.
- Wind speed, wind direction, average & gusts
- Lightning activity (strikes and distance up to 25 miles)
- Rain onset, intensity, duration, and accumulation
- Wind chill, wet bulb temp, DeltaT, Air Density
- UV index, brightness, solar radiation
- Auto-calibration with Continuous Learning system
- Long-range wireless connectivity (1000ft)
- Free iOS and Android apps & personal weather page
- Works with Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT, and more.
A Better Local Forecast
Tempest's proprietary continuous machine learning process compares live station data against trusted data sources to ensure your station never drifts out of calibration. AI and data science techniques are used to improve the forecast for your exact location. No more guessing!
A Weather Station So Advanced, It’s Simple
A revolutionary design with no moving parts, nearly zero maintenance, instant online data, a free personal webpage, and a rich API powering a growing list of third-party applications. Fully solar-powered, install the Tempest home weather system in less than five minutes and it will do the rest!
Turn Your Smart Home Into a Genius
Use your weather data to optimize heating and cooling, adjust your irrigation schedule based on rain, alert your family to approaching storms, and close your garage door when the wind kicks up. Tempest is compatible with Google Assistant, Smart Things, IFTTT, Siri, Alexa, Homey, and many more.
WeatherFlow's Comittment to You
We stand behind our products and the technology that powers them. Each Tempest comes with a 60 day return policy, and if you aren't blown away by the better forecast in the first 8 months, simply return it. Enjoy stress-free shopping with a company comitted to customer happiness.
Here are just some of the ways to use weather observation and forecast data from the Tempest System with your Smart Home:
- Adjust your irrigation schedule based on the rain that's fallen... or the rain that's forecast to fall
- Turn on attic exhaust fans if the temperature is high
- Turn on ceiling fans if the temperature is high
- Turn on whole house attic fan & turn off the AC if the outside temperature is cooler than inside
- Turn on outside accent lighting when light level falls below a set limit
- Turn on an engine block heater on work days when the outside temperature is close to freezing
- Adjust heating/cooling levels based on the temperature and humidity forecast
- Adjust indoor lighting levels based on outdoor sunlight levels
- Adjust awning and shade positions based on ambient light, solar radiation, wind, etc
In addition to direct integration with your smart home systems, there's also a growing list of devices and software that let you do all sorts of things with the data from your Tempest System. The WeatherFlow Tempest System exposes a collection of self-service APIs and documentation that make it easy for developers to build apps and integrations that access data on behalf of a Tempest station owner. With both remote access (via REST & Web Socket) and local access (via Bluetooth Low Energy, UDP Broadcast).
|Air Temperature||-35°F to 140° F|
|Atmospheric Pressure||Up to 1000 mbar|
|Lightning Activity||Detects lightning 0 to 25 miles away|
|Wireless||1000 ft +|
|Wind Speed||0 to 100 mph|
|Wind Direction||0 to 359°|
|Ambient Light||1 to 128 kLUX|
|UV Index||0 to 11+ Index|
|Solar Irradiance||0 to 1900 W/m2|
|Rain Onset||First Drops|
|Rain Duration||Daily total|
|Rain Accumulation||Daily total|
|Mount||Adjustable pole mount or screw mount|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Haptic Rain Sensor: off by 70% compared with CoCoHraS rain gauge
Dew Point: consistently off compared with other instruments in same location
lightning: majority of strikes within 5 miles are not detected
UV Sensor: reads off compared with competitor products
Sonic Anemometer: accurate
geeking out on local weather, climate and home weather instruments for years, and this product
puts all my old gadgets to rest. I saw this online and got pretty excited about the temp, humidity,
rain, UV, lightning, and the integration with my other smart home devices and online
networks, but I didn't think it would actually work, and I figured it would be cheaply built at that
price. I was pleasantly surprised. It came out of the packaging like an iphone, well-designed and simple. It feels sleek and high quality. The set up was simple and took me about 10 minutes. There’s no assembly, you
basically just download the Weatherflow app, plug it in and follow the steps. My weather
readings came online instantly. Amazing. And, literally, one day after I set it up, we got this really
rare May lightning in California, and on the first flash, instantly I got an alert on my phone
warning me of local lightning. So cool.
The only challenge was thinking about where to place the two sensors. The "Air" is supposed to
be in total shade. I put mine up under an eve on the north side of the house. I tested its readings
against other instruments, and it's perfectly accurate. The "Sky" is supposed to go in full sun, so I
mounted mine on the eve of my roof, and it works great. It comes with a mount for a PVC pipe,
but I used the threaded mount on the bottom to attach it directly to a 2x4. The wireless signals
seem solid so far. The wind sensor is crazy accurate. Before putting it on the roof, I set up a fan
to test it various ways, and it sensed everything. I can't wait for another storm. :)
The app is fairly basic and easy to use. I also connected my weather station with my Amazon
Alexa via the Alexa app. Now, when I ask Alexa for the temperature, she gives me a reading
from my own backyard. I'm curious about the feature that allows it to “auto-calibrate” over time
-- we’ll see. I kinda feel like I'm contributing to science.
One negative: There are 3 units Sky, Air and indoor controller. The Air unit is small and must be placed outdoors in the shade. It is small and light. What do you do with it? had to go back and find and buy a mount for it. Should have come with one or at least noted it when purchasing the WeatherFlow. Would still rate this a high 10 out of 10.
The devices can be set up almost anywhere. There are three that perform different functions. You should probably keep the device that measures temperature and barometric readings in the shade. The other device should go where the wind is unimpeded. There is a collar on the devices that lets you put them on a pole or clip them into a screw or nail that is sticking up. There is a base station that remains in your home plugged into an electrical outlet that gathers the data from the sensors using wifi.
With many other Weatherflow stations around the world, you can check other people's instantaneous readings using the app. Just find it on the map and click on it.
The only negative that I can see is the haptic rain measurement. It's been too dry for me to compare it up to my CoCoRaHS gauge so I can't speak as to how closely they match up. But it doesn't look like it would collect a snow measurement in the winter time. I would need to invest in a much more expensive weather station for that. But for many of the core weather conditions, it is perfect.
I recommend this weather station. You get a lot of good data for the price and ease of use.