Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on October 22, 2011
Michael Schenker is a Rock N' Roll God! One of the cleanest, most fluid, and with a tone that is to die for, he is a musicians musician. That's the reason he has so many fans who are musicians themselves. He's been clean (for good I think, FINALLY) for about five years now and his playing has gotten better!!! Consider that for a moment. Rock Bottom, 1974. Mother Mary and This Kids, 1975. Reasons Love (INCREDIBLE GUITAR PLAYING), 1976. Lights Out and Love To Love, 1977. And Hot N' Ready (One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE LEADS) And, Only You Can Rock Me, 1978. Those are just the early UFO years. Now here he is at 56 years old and he's absolutely tearing it up. He opened a week of shows a couple of months ago for Black Country Communion and had to have made Mr. Bonamassa quite uncomfortable coming out every night after Michael had set the bar. I LOVE JOE. LOVE HIM! But this was his 1st real tour with BCC playing 70's style hard Rock N' Roll. Michael has been doing that ALL ALONG! This album (Yes, I bought both the vinyl and the CD) has radio friendly hit songs, hard rock anthems, and everything in between. He has a slew of phenomenal guests on EVERY SONG. I would recommend it to anyone!!
on November 26, 2011
I have purchased everything from Schenker and this one was a very refreshing surprise. I love every song on this album and I like the two guest appearance singers, not that Voss lacks any talent at all. In fact I think his voice is great and it works very well on this album. I would definitely recommend this album to all Schenker fans and would also highly recommend it for those new to Schenker!
on January 9, 2012
I am THE UFO fan, but some of Michael's solo stuff has been disappointing. This is good and rips.
Nice touch on the intro, see if your friends can guess who it is.
Only four stars because I was really fired up for guest Leslie West but the last track is not recorded that well. Either he did not play enough, or it has been too long since I have heard him play. Echo technique did not wow me, just play man, just play.
Hanging On,Storming In,Scene of Crime,Miss Claustrophobia,How Long, be sure your sound system is bolted down.
on February 26, 2012
I have been a Schenker fan for years. Temple of Rock is a very good album. One of his best in recent years.
on January 24, 2012
One of the best outings my michael in years. All the sungs were great and can stand alone on their own merit.
on May 27, 2013
I have a huge amount of respect for Michael Schenker, going back almost 40 years to his early days with UFO, but this was not one of his better moments, IMHO. The tracks are lifeless, over produced and mechanical. The lyrics are inane and the vocals in general are generic sounding and bland. The CD over over compressed and has no dynamics (read up on "loudness wars"). The solos by MS are as usual, excellent, but not worth the effort to wade through the other detractors on this CD when there are better releases out there. Again, just my $0.02 and I respect the fact that others have a different opinion. YMMV.
on October 14, 2011
IT BEEN A LONG TIME WAITING FOR AN ALBUM BY MICHAEL THAT HAS DIVERSITY IN HIS SONGS. HIS SONG WRITING AND LEAD WORK ARE BETTER THAN THEY HAVE BEEN IN YEARS. MICHAEL VOSS RANKS UP THERE WITH THE REST OF SCHENKER'S SINGERS BUT WITH A BETTER GRASP OF LYRICS AND MELODY. THE KEYBOARDS ARE A WELCOME BACK UP FRONT CRWEATIVE SOUND THROUGH OUT.
on October 23, 2011
Schenker is a guitar god and no matter what he does his playing is
incredible and deserves bigger audience. But maybe that's what makes
him so great and adored by the fans who know how great he is and
continue to support him! I saw him last year and I'm still blown
away by that concert! Sorry Gary Barden isn't with him again! the
last album Midst of Beauty was classic MSG! This follow up is not
as good but it is good! It has it's moments! It's a mix of all his
song styles. It's has UFO and MSG type songs with the heavy riff metal
songs. Saturday Night, Fallen Angel, Fight for Freedom are MSG UFO
sounding. Before the Devil Knows your Dead is a strange DIO sound song
but it works! The vocalist Voss who replaced Barden does a good job.
His vocal range is higher which some may like. I prefer Barden and Moog
style vocals. I would recommend this album. The more I listen to it the
more I like it. I say get Midst of Beauty too if you don't have it!
on October 18, 2011
Only four stars because IMO five stars are for some of MS's older stuff, and this one isn't quite up to that. It's very good, but not quite in the same league with...say... "Rock Bottom".

Very diverse sounding; slow stuff, thrashy stuff, kind of Velvet Revolver stuff ('Hanging On'), all of it more modern sounding than the typical MS music. That's mainly due to the high gain guitar tone that he uses. I must say I'm not a fan of the tone and I prefer the early four-hole Marshall sound (and even the 2205), but, hey, I wasn't consulted. LOL

Having said that, it's Michael Schenker playing, so it's time for any guitar playing MS fan to take notes and then pick up the guitar and practice. The non guitar playing MS fans are excused from that, they can relax and enjoy it. LOL.
on December 7, 2014
Another good CD from Michael Schenker and I wish I had bought it back in 2011 when it was first released. Michael does a lot of great guitar work on this CD and the vocals are good too. The first song starts off with William Shatner doing the intro then the band rips into a great song.