Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on May 3, 2017
Quick and easy installation -- would be more convenient if the driver were on the CD, but the documentation was clear and easy to follow. One reboot later and the new drive showed up without any fuss. The G5 case doesn't really have room for a third drive, but it can be squeezed in (with an extension/splitter off of one of the other HD power cords. Had to use an eSATA to SATA cable wrapped back through another card slot so the drive can be internal, and so far it's working faster and much better than the USB-SATA adapter I used before.
on November 9, 2015
Worked fine after I downloaded the driver from the Sonnet web site. But it did seem to cause some of interference with my connected USB devices (keyboard, mouse, wacom tablet). They would just stop responding for a few minutes and then it would be fine. There's no easy way to uninstall so I just reinstalled the OS instead. USB problems went away.

My system:
Mac Pro Quad Core 2.93GHz 2009
OS 10.7.4
on December 10, 2015
After looking at the specs for this card on Sonnets site it will work on 10.4.11 but only on G5 with PCIe slots. The G4 running 10.4.11 has only PCI slots. PCIe also known as PCI Express will not fit into a PCI slot. However, Amazon sells the, StarTech.com PCI to PCI Express Adapter Card (PCI1PEX1) which should allow this PCIe card on this page to work in a G4 with PCI slots.
on November 14, 2008
turns out there are very few eSATA cards compatible with the exact version of Mac (late 2005 G5 Mac PowerPC with a PCI Express 133 slot). Finding the right card was the hardest part. Installing it was a bit dicey as the PCI Express slot was blocked a bit by wires from the neighboring slot. But once I got it in, I only had to turn on the Mac again to see the card come alive. I used the install disc all the same to ensure the drivers got installed right. Now the card and the principal attached device (a Fantom 1TB Green Drive - see my other review on this) works like a charm. Transfer speeds are astounding me. Still, when I have to edit an HD movie I move it back over to the Mac. Editing movies live over eSATA i sstill a hairy proposition, unless you dont mind seeing the spinning wheel of death a few times and eating your nails down to the flesh hoping you dont lose the edits you just made. The Tempo cam highly rated, and I've given it top billing for good reason.
on November 8, 2015
It works! I'm happy.
on December 3, 2011
Installed in an early 2008 model Mac Pro. Not recognized by OSX 10.7, but downloaded and installed drivers from Sonnet's website without problems. Mine is successfully putting external hard drives to sleep when sleeping the computer. Very happy!
on March 24, 2013
It's been little over a year since I installed in my 2008 Mac Pro. Been working fine, but wasn't aware that eSATA does not allow booting.
on January 15, 2013
NEEDED A BOOTABLE CARD, I didn't realize that this was not a bootable card. Next time, check to see if it BOOTS, Otherwise works well
on June 29, 2009