- File Size: 293 KB
- Print Length: 55 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Chapel Library (July 2, 2012)
- Publication Date: July 2, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008H3T5Z8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #9,960 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
Ten Indictments against the Modern Church Kindle Edition
|Length: 55 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I am convinced this is the root of much of what is wrong with the church. Man does not know God, so man interprets the Scriptures according to his own faulty understanding.
Washer goes on to make such an excellent claim in stating this, "I submit to you that this country is not Gospel hardened; it is Gospel ignorant, because most of its preachers are."
And lastly, I must bring out this from Washer's sermon, "Jesus gave His life for the Church, a beautiful, virgin, pristine Church. If you want to give your life for something in the ministry, give it to the Church: to a church, a body of believers, a local congregation. It is all about the Church. Now, I want you to listen well. There is not a remnant of believers in the Church.Read more ›
The 10 indictments are as follows:
1. A denial of the sufficiency of Scripture
2. An ignorance of God
3. A failure to address man's malady
4. An ignorance of the gospel of Jesus Christ
5. An unbiblical gospel invitation
6. An ignorance regarding the nature of the church
7. A lack of compassionate church discipline
8. A silence on separation
9. A replacement of the scriptures regarding the family
10. Pastors malnourished in the word of God
I do struggle some with books that are as hard-hitting as this one. There is always the danger of feeling like we are not doing enough and working our way into a legalistic, and even condemning, state of life. We are all called to different ways of living out our calling and life. Some are called to a more separate way of life, while others are not. Some can drop everything and become what we normally think of as a full-time minister (really we are all full-time ministers regardless of our occupation), but not all are called to that level of sacrifice. If not balanced with a firm understanding of grace, a book like this can cause people to struggle with condemnation rather than conviction, hence the four-star rating. Still, we could all use a little more reading that makes us search ourselves more closely.
If you want a challenging read that will stir your heart, pick up this book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Mr Washer shows the superficiality of many of todays churches and the need for true Biblical
sermons and spiritual revival.
Very biblical and rooted in scripture. Paul washer is a refreshing voice in a Christianless world where the people who go to church on sunday replace Christ for... Read morePublished 29 days ago by Alan Burt
As is typical of Paul Washer, there is no sugar coating. You are presented with clear, biblical truth. Read morePublished 1 month ago by D. G. K. Silva
I read this book cover to cover in one sitting. There are many points about today's modern church Paul Washer exposes that I have observed as well. Read morePublished 3 months ago by LeeAnn Wiernusz
I loved Paul Washer's book because it opened my eyes to how Satan is deceiving people into thinking that they are born-again Christians but are not. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Valerie Nitz
this is a must-read for every pastor, church leader, and layman who desires to truly bring glory to God and His kingdom!Published 3 months ago by David Smith
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Leadership
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Leadership