Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 117 reviews
on March 19, 2011
These batteries are far superior to the D size rechargeables from name brand manufacturers. They are a bit more expensive, but they hold substantially more charge, and they retain their charge over many months.

I purchased them for my large Mag-Lites which are kept around the house (in case of power failure) and in the garage (for daily use). I bought some other D rechargeables but found they would only hold their charge for a few weeks, making the emergency flashlights useless without continuous tending. That isn't a problem with these batteries. I have a set that has now held a single charge for over four months despite frequent use.

In addition to longevity, they sport substantially increased capacity over other D rechargeables (8000mAh vs 2600mAh per manufacturer spec). The length of time I can use my flashlight has increased from 30-40 minutes to several hours, comparable to the alkaline D cell batteries I used to purchase.

I haven't had time to do formal capacity or retention testing, but from four months of reasonably heavy use, I can say I would definitely buy them again.

One drawback - you need a "smart" recharger. Regular rechargers shut off after a set time, which will only put about 1/4 of the capacity into these batteries. A smart recharger will charge until the battery is at capacity.
55 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2015
Good value LSD batteries - have Tenergy Centura batteries in other sizes so I don't hesitate when I need more.

Update: Charged the batteries again today, checked and I am getting an average 9930 mAh average charge to a set of 4.
Been constantly using a set of 4 for my Sangean PR-D4W radio. I do not charge them in a radio, I remove them for charging, mostly using Xtar VC4 charger now (charges D size 2 at a time in the outer charge bays, 1 & 4 at 1amp.
I use the radio nearly every night, night after night until it shuts down from the batteries not able to support anymore run time. Although I don't track hours of use, I am getting a lot of run time from these batteries before needing re-charge.
I can already say I have saved from sets of alkaline batteries, and these Tenergy Centura are still delivering well past a a year of charge/discharge.
on July 31, 2016
Batteries appear to be as represented and charged properly in my charger. I'm using them in my 4x, 5x, and 6x D-cell MagLights both with Malkoff LEDs and incans. LEDs in these lights appear to work well with the 1.2v/cell strings. I "renewed" the batteries (3x discharge/charge cycle) before use and was pleasantly surprised to see that all batteries charged to just about 8,000 mAH, way better than other D-cell rechargeable batteries I have purchased in the past. I believe the discharge curve for these Centuras will be superior to throw-away 1.5v alkaleak batteries, despite the lower initial voltage. Time will tell if they last, but I'm expecting them to be good performers for quite a while.
on December 25, 2011
I bought 8 of these a year ago and am still very pleased with my purchase. I'm surprised that there aren't more reviews on this product. You do need a good battery charger to charge these, but kids toys and baby swings that run on size D batteries are just too expensive to not have a good battery charger and these to put in them. At $2.50 a piece for nonrechargeable D batteries, buying these at around $10 a piece only takes 4 recharges to pay themselves back. My kids can run through 4 D cells every month. Prior to these low-self discharge versions there were no good rechargeable D's worth owning. They would be dead if they weren't charged within the last two months. With these, I leave them in my kids toys and every time I pull out their toys they are running just fine. Great product. I'm going to by a few more.
on April 15, 2017
Wanted rechargeable D cells for a Maglite ML300L LED 3-Cell D Flashlight. Did some research and the Tenergy 8000 mAh were the ones that lived up to their claims. Research paid off because these work great in the flashlight and cause it to be bright as ever and last a reasonable amount of time. The energizer universal charger charges them up fine. Excellent!
on July 13, 2017
I bought these batteries for the power pack of my telescope motor drive. This was in anticipation of tracking the sun during the upcoming total eclipse. Based on several uses so far, I believe they will be more than adequate for the 3-hour event. I haven't done any analytical testing; this is just a qualitative review.
on December 14, 2014
I bought a pair of these to power my Sangean H201 Shower Radio, which uses two D cell batteries I use this as my main radio at home. I love it because I can carry it with me from room to room, while getting ready for work, or on the weekends while doing laundry and other errands around the house. I use the radio a lot, and I've been very happy with the life of these rechargeable batteries. They lasted me for more than 6 months of regular use in the radio. Granted, I don't have the radio turned up loud, since I have it right next to me all the time. But I'm very happy with these batteries and will order them again when needed.
on July 23, 2017
They work on my electronic rat traps fine. Just make sure you buy a good charger. My charger takes 60 hours to charge these things. I have had these batteries for 4 months and they keep killing pack rats just fine.

The reason for 4 stars is they do not hold the mah rating.
on December 2, 2014
2015 UPDATE: I tried putting the affected cell through a couple of charge / discharge cycles in my smart charger, and it actually came back to life. Perhaps what happened involved reverse charging a single cell after putting all four into one device at different voltages. At any rate, I'm convinced that these are fantastic batteries now.

Purchased four of these in January 2013. Used three for light duty since, and they have held up well. One of them was stored, charged, for a year and a half in a drawer, and it is now dead and won't recharge using my Tenergy smart charger.
on April 22, 2017
They do the job for my car's flashlight and hopefully won't melt-down and weld themselves into a solid mass like alkaline batteries did to my last flashlight.