Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 349 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 377 reviews
on April 7, 2017
I saw the words 'automatic', 'fast', and 'universal' as key descriptors for this Ni-MH charger, and incorrectly concluded this was a standard low-end big boxy smart charger equivalent to the many others that flooded the market a dozen years ago. But FYI this is NOT a smart charger ... and it is NOT a fast charger! This is more akin to late 1980's-era 5 or 8 hour timed charger. I'm 42 yrs old and would bet most people looking at this younger than 35 don't even remember what it means to use a (technically dumb) timed battery charger like this. It will overcharge your NiMH if not first completely discharged ... and it will undercharge your NiMH if its capacity is over 1000 mah for AAA and AA, or 3000 mah for C and D sized cells. This charger is nothing more than a power converter coupled with an old fashioned timer. Just look at the fine print closer than I did ;-)
on September 2, 2015
DO NOT ORDER! I have read the instructions, the questions answered above, and I tinkered with this charger. While it technically functions, it doesn't function in a useful way. It is also confusing to use because there is minimal guidance on the A/B switch on the unit (I later figured out it changes the charging cycle time), and it won't fully charge most NiMH batteries in one charge cycle (probably the most frustrating aspect of this product).

I bought this with some rechargeable batteries (C cells, NiMH, 5000 mAh). It took three cycles for the batteries to even charge with the correct settings. Since this thing runs on a timer, and is not a smart charger that turns off when the batteries are charged, it will likely take multiple charge cycles to get your batteries working. On top of this, you can't just put batteries into the unit and have them charge automatically. You have to physically unplug the unit and plug it back in. This means you cannot reliably charge higher capacity batteries with this thing. I bought this because I couldn't understand why a more expensive charger would be needed, but I know better now.
on October 3, 2016
I purchased it less than a year ago and only used a couple times with D cell Tenergy batteries. It doesn't work. I call Tenergy to determine if there was a fix or if it was under warranty, and they stated I was out of luck. They stated it had a 90 day warranty (I wish it stated that in the description - but with I 90 day warranty - I wouldn't publish that either). Well buyer beware and I should have done more research. I spent lots of money - not only on the Tenergy charger but many Tenergy batteries. I now have a dozen paperweights. Customer service was horrible. Live and learn - will not buy that brand or from that company that it was "sold by".
on July 18, 2016
This is a "dumb" charger. I have several other smart chargers, but you always need a "dumb " chargers to start charging a completely dead battery. In my smart chargers they won't recognize a dead battery, so I give it a little time in the "dumb" charger and then put the battery into my smart charger and finish the charging. I really bought this a s a spare for a similar charger that I have been using for years. Just this morning it saved me from throwing away 2 eneloop batteries that I had left in a flashlight that I left on for a couple of weeks. No matter how we advance in technology, there is always a place for the older technology.
on June 22, 2016
It is not often I write a negative review but this battery charger will not charge D size batteries to full capacity. It will charge them to about 5% capacity before turning off. I bought this because I am not allowed to have a plug in fan at work and use a fan that takes D batteries. After charging the batteries over and over the fan blade will barely turn. I had another charger that went out.....another brand.... and after a charge the batteries would last 12 hours at full power in the fan. It will charge AA batteries enough to be usable for a little while like in a remote control. This was a complete waste of money.
on April 12, 2013
This device successfully charges batteries as advertised, but it leaves a lot to be desired. The smell the unit gives off when warm is concerning, but my biggest complaint is that there is no intuitive timer built into the unit. In other words, if you remove a charged battery, and insert a discharged battery to be charged, the unit will not detect that it needs to be charged and start its recharged cycle. You have to unplug the unit, re-plug it in, and then insert the battery that needs charging (in that order), or it will not work. It seems to me this would be a simple fix. It's possible I'm missing something, but that has been my experience with the device.
on August 10, 2016
I needed a battery charger that could recharge AAA, AA and 9V batteries. This one works as advertised. The one thing not mentioned in the instructions is that should you have a bad NiMH battery, the red leds will flicker and the charger will turn itself off. Having used NiMH batteries for well over 10 years now, I had a couple that had gone bad. After removing the bad battery from the charger, you have to unplug and plug the charger back into the wall outlet to turn the charger back on.
on November 18, 2016
I only used this charger for D batteries. The small amount of D chargeable batteries I own was a factor in the very light use of this charger. After 9 months (I guess maybe three or four charges), the charger would not work. I then tried many different sizes of rechargeable batteries - but the charger would not work.

I called Tenergy for help and was told the charger was out of warrantee (they have a very small warrantee period which speaks to their confidence of Tenergy products). They could do nothing to help me. What a wonderful company. They do not deserve my business in the future.

Thank goodness for Amazon - they helped me when Tenergy would not.
on July 29, 2014
Not any good unless you have 2.5 Ah cells to recharge (that's 2,500 mAh for the cell phone crowd and I refuse to leave out the comma)
I had to unplug and plug it back in several times to charge my favorite D cell batteries because of the timer and charge rate.
So I bought some 2.5Ah D cells for use at work. My co-workers soon clogged the springs and I brought in a good charger.
I don't recommend this. It is not a good charger, Get the smart charger of your choice instead. If I could have returned it I would have.
on March 20, 2013
I guess it depends on how you will be using this charger, if you are going to be doing a WHOLE rechargeable switch on ALL your battery operated electronics, and you use batteries A LOT, then you might want to spend more for a higher quality.
BUT I give this product 5 stars because:
A) it does it's job! It plugs right into the wall, you insert your rechargeable batteries, and the light turns red indicating it's charging. When the lights go out, it's done!
B) can't beat that price! Most battery chargers range from $30 up, ESPECIALLY ones that will charge batteries ranging in size from AAA to D and even 9V.

I love it because we only have one "electronic" that we use rechargeable batteries for. I have a 4 month old who has been in love with her battery operated baby swing for taking her naps since the day she was born. It takes 4 C batteries. The first month we went through 3 sets! And switching to cheaper generic brands only cost us more money because they wouldn't last as long. So we spent the money to get a nice set of rechargeables and this recharger. We are so happy with the switch! We are able to recharge them over-night when needed. It's already paid for its self!