Tenergy T-9688 Super Universal LCD Battery Charger with USB Port
- Recharges 1 to 4 pieces of AA/AAA/C/D Ni-MH batteries and 1 to 2 pieces of 9V Ni-MH batteries
- Built-in USB outlet (output: 5V DC 500mA) - recharge and power up your personal digital devices
- Powered by an external AC adaptor (100-240V AC) for worldwide use
- Unique designed with blue Electric LCD screen to indicate the battery status: Charge, Discharge, Full, Bad
- With negative delta V (- ∆V) cut-off function (except for 9V batteries)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I did a lot of research; I wanted a good nimh charger that can charge multiple battery types and be easy enough for anyone to use.
* Clear, easy-to-read display
* Charges quickly and efficiently
* Uses zero power when plugged in but not in use
* Charges 1-4 batteries independently
* Good construction quality
* USB charging!
* The vented transparent battery window is a nice touch.
Some nimh chargers leave the batteries wide open when
charging (although very rare, nimh can still explode) and others
completely cover them in black plastic (can't see!).
* I believe I have had one bad cell but the charger continued to try to charge it
for many hours (did not detect it?)
* The power adaptor has a power factor of .56, but it is 12v so easily replaceable
* It would be nice if the unit could charge USB devices at the same time as
batteries. I understand why it does not, though.
A good product that is definitely worth the money.
Original review follows:
I was looking for a universal battery charger that recharges not only AA/AAA sizes but also the larger C and D sized batteries. I owned an Energizer Family Charger but became disatisfied because as it has a tendancy to not properly detect batteries. A review of that charger can be found here: Energizer Family Battery Charger
Now, about the Tenergy Universal LCD Battery Charger with USB Port...
After receiving my charger, I charged (didn't use the discharge feature) several AA sized batteries. Of the older batteries, some were detected as bad, but when I used a battery tester, there still was life in them. Out of a dozen relatively new batteries, one battery was detected as bad (when it really wasn't). I find that the bad battery detection process is sometimes inaccurate. It's probably best just to have a battery tester along side to test any "bad" batteries for verfication. For the one battery of the newer group that showed as "bad", I moved to another channel of the charger, then the battery charged up fine. I just hope this situation isn't recurring in which many batteries that still have life in them only get detected as "bad."
Each battery gets charged in it's own channel.Read more ›
Some of my newer batteries that showed bad were being recharged with a charger that required either two or four batteries. The result was that the old charger was shutting off based on the stronger of the two batteries, thus destroying the weaker one. After some cycling with this new charger, the weaker batteries recovered.
Regarding some previous erroneous posts, the charger will work for both NiMH and NiCd batteries. The manufacturer has confirmed this, and I have successfully recharged both types. The button on the lid works great. One must simply push the button away from the lid when depressing it.
It needs to be noted that most all consumer battery chargers are named "dumb" chargers for a reason.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Has worked just fine since I got it a couple of months ago. The readout LCD can only be seen looking straight at it and not at an angle and that is my only gripe with it and it's... Read morePublished 16 days ago by Jack & Charlotte Strauwald
This has worked great. I have lots of rechargeable batteries ranging from AAA, AA, and D sizes. The smaller the battery size, the quicker the charge. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Bernard Stephenson
This is my third combo pack. I use the batteries for classroom electricity and electromagnetism experiments. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I BOUGHT BATTERIES WITH CHARGER ONLY BECAUSE WAS MORE PROFITABLE. UNFORTUNATELY BATTERIES DO NOT WORK BECAUSE WERE DISCHARGED, WHAT SEEMS TO ME A ODD BECAUSE NEW BATTERIES SHOULD... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Patrycja Drozd
good product, 1 small issue, can't see lcd screen display
from above have to look at it sideways....