Tenergy TB6-B 50W Balancing Charger for NiMH/NiCD/Li-PO/Li-Fe/SLA Battery Packs
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Supports multiple types of battery packs with one single charger! Handle NiMH, NICD, Li-Po,Li-ion, Li-Fe, SLA Batteries.
- Various Connectors Supported: Hitech, JST, Deans, Tamiya, Mini Tamiya
- Battery 'Fast' and 'Storage' mode: You can charge Li-ion/Li-Polymer battery for special purposes.
- For users convenience it can store maximum 5 data of different batteries.
- **This product listing does NOT come with the Tenergy 01236 power supply and it must be purchased separately. This package contains ONLY the charger and is intended for users who may already have their own power supply.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Best ALL-IN-One Universal Charger in the Market
Supports multiple types of battery packs with one single charger!
The follow packs are supported:
NiMH/NiCD 1~15 series (1.2v to 18v)
Li-PO/Lithium Ion 1~6 series (3.7v to 22.2v)
Li-Fe 1~6 series (3.2v to 19.2v)
Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) (2v to 20v)
Handle NiMH, NICD, Li-Po,Li-ion, Li-Fe, SLA Batteries
DC 11V~15V, which can be directly connect to Automobile Battery. The working electric current is less than 5A when it is charged in full load. The current of the fuse is 10A which could prevent short circuit.
- 'AUTO' function sets the feeding current or the cell count of the battery automatically. Can prevent the over-charging for Li-ion/Li-Polymer batteries. Every program in the unit is controlled with mutual links and communication for possible error
- TB6 also can monitor and balance individual cells of the battery pack during the discharge process. If the voltage of any one cell varies abnormally, the process will be stopped with the error message.
- Charge Li-ion/Li-Polymer for special purposes. "Fast" reduces charging time/"Storage" controls the final voltage of battery to be suit for long time storage
- Perform 1 to 5 cycles of charge>discharge or discharge>charge continually for battery refreshing/balancing.
IMPORTANT CHARGING WARNING
-BEFORE CHARGING ALWAYS INSPECT BATTERIES for any type of damages to both the wire(s) and battery pack (punctures, pvc damage, and/or battery swelling). DO NOT Charge if the pack has any of the mentioned issues!
-ALWAYS BALANCE-CHARGE RC/Hobby/Airsoft LIPO BATTERY PACKS: when charging any of these LiPO packs, ALWAYS use the balance charge mode & use the balance connector/board.
*Ignoring these WARNINGS could result in fire or personal/property damages *
Compare to similar items
This item Tenergy TB6-B 50W Balancing Charger for NiMH/NiCD/Li-PO/Li-Fe/SLA Battery Packs
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Tenergy Corporation||Tenergy Corporation||addpoweradd||Tenergy Corporation||Gobanana||vvBuy|
|Item Dimensions||6.1 x 6.7 x 2 in||9.3 x 9.5 x 6.7 in||8 x 8.3 x 2.3 in||6.8 x 8.4 x 2.2 in||6.7 x 7.5 x 2.2 in||5.7 x 6.5 x 1.6 in|
Top customer reviews
I have 8.4 and 9.6v Ni-Cd batteries, 9.6 and 10.8v NiMH batteries and Lipo batteries up to 11.1 and this charger handles them all. It even discharges and balances.
NOTE: IT DOES NOT COME WITH AN AC/DC POWER ADAPTER which for the most part makes it useless out of the box.
However... if you have a external hard drive made by Western Digital, it uses the same plug. I tried a few other plugs including my netbook charger and even though it fit, I got an error reading on the charger. I also tried my HP photo printer which did not fit. If you aren't lucky enough to have the right wall adapter lying around your house, a new one will cost you about $16 here on Amazon or at Radio Shack. I personally find it annoying that a power adapter is not included considering it comes with a charging adapter to charge every possible battery connector on earth but I'm willing to overlook that considering how good this charger is.
Lastly, the "beep" it generates is eardrum piercing. It goes off with every button push and it could wake the dead. I desperately need to find out how to mute it.
Using the charger:
- On first use I suggest cycling through the mode & enter buttons to walk through and become familiar with the interface.
- 1S LiPo charging is easy. Plug the LiPo into the appropriate connector, make sure "LiPo Auto" is selected, press and hold Start until charging starts, the charger will auto select volts and amps and charge until done.
- NiMH. Pick NiMH, pick the appropriate amps for your battery - I use 1.2a as this works for all my NiMH batteries.
Additional items you may need:
- 11-18v power supply. I am using an extra one I have laying around. An old laptop or LCD monitor power supply should work. Tenergy offers this 110-240V AC to 12V DC 5A Switch Power Supply for TB6 Balance Charger
- The charger may not include the connectors you need. For example Ultra Micro connectors for those tiny 150mah 1S LiPo batteries. If you fly ultra micro planes or copters you will need to buy an adapter to charge these. Something like this JST-RCY to Ultra Micro Battery Adapter Lead or this Paraboard - Parallel Charging Board for Blade mCP X and mCX/mSR Lipos
It has just about every connection adapter and is a charging solution for many different types of batteries. The menu system is not bad and the LCD display is conveniently backlit. It actually comes with power application (to power the charger) to connect to a Car battery with alligator clamps only. But the plug size is fairly common so you shouldn't have too much of a problem finding an AC adapter that fits.. I was able to use one I had lying around from an external hard drive and also found that the one from my old cheap charger was the same size. It would have been nicer to have it be able to charge more than one at the same time but it charges them quite fast! It also has polarity protection as it let's you know if the batteries have reverse polarity or is plugged in wrong. And best of all, it alarms to let you know when you batteries are done charging!
Yes, it doesn't come with a 12ish volt power adapter but that's a very, very minor con.
I used a 12v 1.2A AC adapter, charged a 3s 3300mA battery for over an hour and the supply still didn't get warm at 1A charge rate. I'll likely never need to go over 1A-1.5A as too high of a rate can shorten cell life. Being a 50W charger there's plenty of room to do that rapid charging though.
Status screen is very informative for current dumped, run time, cell voltages (up to 8 cell individual voltages). There's ample safety built into this such as max charge time limits/max current dumps/max voltages all of which are programmable. These safeties are designed to prevent excessive charge dump and run-away charges which would eventually cause cell breakdown.
Having options to charge other batteries is a plus as well.
At the end of charging, there is a loud series of beeps from the unit. A bit overkill in my opinion.
**Note: The included banana plugs is for in-the-field charging. That's why the range for the input is 11-18V.