Tentsile Flite Plus - Suspended Camping Tree House Tent - 2 Person
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Flite+ is our most advanced two-person tree tent yet. This lightweight model is the perfect size for backpacking and adventuring deep into the wilderness.
- Featuring a cross brace for extra headroom, the Flite+ is that little bit more spacious than its predecessor.
- It comes with only one ratchet to save on weight, and its handy size means Flite+ can be set up between most tree configurations - even in dense forest.
- The Flite+ has a full insect mesh top with 2 doors and a removable rain fly for unbeatable views. Side lengths 11 x 11 x 9ft. Floor area 40ftÂ²
- The rain fly flaps can also be folded underneath the tent and hooked to each other, creating a second windbreak and a thermal buffer.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Flite+ is our most advanced two-person tree tent yet. This lightweight model is the perfect size for backpacking and adventuring deep into the wilderness. Featuring a cross brace for extra headroom, the Flite+ is that little bit more spacious than its predecessor. It comes with only one ratchet to save on weight, and its handy size means Flite+ can be set up between most tree configurations - even in dense forest. The Flite+ has a full insect mesh top with 2 doors and a removable rain fly for unbeatable views. This can be pegged out to the ground, creating a covered porch area and multi-story camping base. The rain fly flaps can also be folded underneath the tent and hooked to each other, creating a second windbreak and a thermal buffer. 10 minute setup time. Due to its minimal size, the Flite+ is suitable for persons below 6'1"/184cm and 220kg/485lbs. Do look at our Connect Tree Tent if you would prefer a more spacious model!
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I live in Colorado. I love it here. I backpack as often as I can and frequently sleep in a hammock. I was really looking forward to the payoff of this splurge. Despite researching setup extensively prior to this trip, this took no less than an hour to fully suspend, even out the height of all three points, and stake down the fly. Eager for a little break, myself and a friend (two slender females) hopped in and immediately felt like little sardines. We had a brief chuckle about being glad we weren't any taller or larger. 30seconds later the ratchet failed and we were dropped on our tails from a height of about 4.5feet. Ouch. Try again. Double check all knots and connections. Ratchet failed again. We decided we weren't going to be dropped a third time and immediately started disassembling. This thing is supposed to be built for persons under 6'1" and 485lbs total. It dropped two 5'7" persons weighing well under 300lbs total. No no and no. Epic fail.
Cherry on top for the whole experience: since I ordered this well in advance of my trip to Crested Butte, I surpassed the 30day return policy before I could ever try it out. Awesome. Anyone want an expensive, heavy, uncomfortable tent that would be far better suited for the ground rather than the trees?
Set it up several times and it's a piece of cake after you know how to put it up. It took me 15 minutes to put it 8 ft in the trees alone. First time took an hour at 3 ft. I will never sleep on the ground again camping after owning this tent.
The rain fly fills with water if you actually want head room getting out, if you put it higher than recommended. Made the pole sag but was fixed when I kicked off the water before I jumped out of the tent. I have it set pretty flat. Again another first world problem. After 5 hours of pouring remember.
My complaints are just telling you what to expect. You can really enjoy this tent if you are smart about it. I'd buy this tent for all my friends and family for Christmas if it wasn't 350 bucks! If you have doubts forget about it and buy it. This thing is the best. You will cuddle with your partner pretty close fyi. So may not be for bros going on a camping trip!
I do recommend practicing how to set this thing up ahead of time before you use it in the field. I spent well over a few hours getting to a point where I can set this up without it touching the ground (to prevent any snagging) and getting even tension on all three sides. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AHEAD OF TIME!
Trying to get even tension on this thing with only one ratchet in a large obtuse triangle (over 20' between some trees) in my backyard is really a nightmare. This does come with three 20 foot straps and I still needed to use another strap in order to get this hung properly.
Okay now that I got all the first timer issues out on the table.
This is what I did in order to solve my tension issue and enable me to set this up (by myself) with out it touching the ground.....
1) The longest strap between the hammock and the tree gets the ratchet. Ideally you want it at the foot end of the hammock but that would require a perfect triangle.
2) On the other two corners that do not have a ratchet. I used a small combination wrench to create a make shift Cinch Buckle. By doing so, I am able to easily pull, loosen, adjust any of the three corners with out it touching the ground. This way I can line up the attached angle finder tags with the connected straps (you'll read about that part in instructions).
3) Once you get your angles lined up and tie the Cow Hitch Knot on the make sift Cinch Buckle. You can bring it to full tension with the ratchet.
Once it's hung right you can use the center tension strap to create a divider between you and your guest or loosen it up to be closer to your partner.
- Convenient for any terrain camping.
- Provided rain fly does it's job very well and does not leak even if you touch it while it's raining.
- Very comfortable once set up correctly.
- Good quality materials.
- Good quality stich work.
- Easy to get in and out of.
- Difficult to get the it set up correctly.
- Rainfly is a little on the small side. You can get in and out just fine but if it's staked to the ground, you rub up against it every time you get in and out of it.
- No accessories for an under cover or pad that fits the shape of this thing.
Most recent customer reviews
Only reason I have it 4 starts was because in the morning there was condensation inside on the big net. It's also hard to put away without touching the ground.Read more