Other Sellers on Amazon
4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
TerraMaster F2-221 NAS 2-Bay Cloud Storage Intel Dual Core 2.0GHz Plex Media Server Network Storage (Diskless)
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- POWERFUL HARDWARE: Intel Apollo J3355 2.0GHz dual-core CPU, and 2GB of RAM (expandable up to 4GB). Blazingly fast speed of 200 MB/s reading and 190 MB/s writing.
- AES hardware encryption engine encrypts shared folders and network data transmission to keep data from unauthorized access.
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 71,680 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder.
- Real-time hardware transcoding of up to two concurrent 4K video streaming.
- Features an aluminum-alloy shell and intelligent temperature control ultra-quiet fan, good in heat dissipation. Support Seagate IHM. Compatible with 3.5" and 2.5" SATA HDD, 2.5" SATA SSD. For better and stable perofrmance, Seagate IronWolf NAS HDD??s or WD RED ones are recommended.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
- TerraMaster - a 16-year-old professional brand focusing on developing and producing storage products.
- Products include network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS) and thunderbolt 3 storage.
- With the core competitiveness in excellent hardware design and strong software developing ability, TerraMaster products are well known among customers with the great reliability and value.
Small, Light, and Powerful
- TerraMaster’s F2-221 2-bay NAS unit comes with an Intel Apollo J3355 dual-core processor, a frequency of up to 2.0 GHz, a read speed reaching 200MB/s, and a write speed reaching up to 190MB/s.
- These devices are compatible with both AES hardware encryption and 4K HD video transcoding, making the F2-221 an ideal candidate for home multimedia entertainment and small office applications.
Enhance the Safety of your Data with a Next-Generation File System
- Superior storage technology and optimised snapshot technology are the cornerstones of the Btrfs file system, which is what TerraMaster’s F2-221 2-bay NAS unit relies on for advanced data protection, prevention of data corruption, and minimal maintenance expenses. Use of this file system promotes high data integrity, all the while promoting flexibility and efficiency in the areas of data protection and data recovery.
- Optimised snapshot technology generates 1,024 snapshots for every shared folder, and up to 71,680 overall system snapshots. In this way, users can benefit from flexible, storage-saving data protection.
- Since data recovery takes place at the file or folder level, businesses can also benefit from enhanced flexibility and efficient data recovery.
- Intel Apollo J3355 dual-core 2.0 GHz CPU
- Two Gigabit LAN Ports, 200MB/s reading and 190MB/s writing
- 2GB DDR3 memory (expandable up to 4GB)
- Two USB 3.0 ports
4K Ultra HD video transcoding
The F2-221’s live hardware transcoding of up to two concurrent 4K video transcoding provides hassle-free and high-quality video playback among various devices including high-definition TVs, digital media players, mobile handsets, and computers in the required format, making it easy to watch your entire multimedia library without having to install a 3rd party player.
A Private Space in the Cloud
A Wealth of Business Applications
A Variety of Backup Methods
Enjoy thousands of containers on Docker
6-layer data security protection
- Automatic scheduled backup & File system cluster
- Btrfs file system and snapshots
- T-RAID array security protection
- AES hardware encryption and transport encryption
- Cloud data backup
|F2-220: 2-bay Intel Celeron Dual Core 2.41GHz 2GB RAM||F2-221: 2-bay Intel Apollo Dual Core 2.0GHz 2GB RAM||F4-220: 4-bay Intel Celeron Dual Core 2.41GHz 2GB RAM||F5-221: 5-bay Intel Apollo Dual Core 2.0GHz 2GB RAM||F5-420: 5-bay Intel Celeron Quad Core 2.0GHz 4GB RAM||F5-421: 5-bay Intel Apollo Quad Core 1.5GHz 4GB RAM|
|CPU||Intel J1800 Celeron Dual-Core 2.41GHz||Intel J3355 Apollo Dual-Core 2.0GHz||Intel J1800 Celeron Dual-Core 2.41GHz||Intel J3355 Apollo Dual-Core 2.0GHz||Intel J1900 Celeron Quad-Core 2.0GHz||Intel J3455 Apollo Quad-Core 2.0GHz|
|RAM||2GB (Upgradable to 4GB)||2GB (Upgradable to 4GB)||2GB (Upgradable to 4GB)||2GB (Upgradable to 4GB)||4GB (Upgradable to 8GB)||4GB (Upgradable to 8GB)|
|1GbE LAN Port||1||2||1||2||2||4|
|Max Raw Storage Capacity||24 TB (12 TB drive x 2) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||24 TB (12 TB drive x 4) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||48 TB (12 TB drive x 4) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||60 TB (12 TB drive x 5) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||60 TB (12 TB drive x 5) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||60 TB (12 TB drive x 5) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|USB Port||1 x USB3.0; 1 x USB2.0||2 x USB3.0||1 x USB3.0; 1 x USB2.0||2 x USB3.0||1 x USB3.0; 1 x USB2.0||2 x USB3.0|
|Supported RAID Type||RAID 0, 1, JBOD, Single||RAID 0, 1, JBOD, Single||RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, Single||RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, Single||RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, Single||RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, Single|
|Power consumption||25.6 W (Access), 2W (HDD Hibernation)||25.6 W (Access), 2W (HDD Hibernation)||36.6W (Access), 2W (HDD Hibernation)||45.6W (Access), 2W (HDD Hibernation)||45.6W (Access), 2W (HDD Hibernation)||45.6W (Access), 2W (HDD Hibernation)|
Compare with similar items
Synology 2 Bay NAS DiskStation DS220+ (Diskless)
Synology 2 bay NAS DiskStation DS220j (Diskless), 2-bay; 512MB DDR4
TerraMaster F2-210 2-Bay NAS Quad Core Network Attached Storage Media Server Personal Private Cloud (Diskless)
QNAP TS-451+-2G-US 4-Bay Next Gen Personal Cloud NAS, Intel 2.0GHz Quad-Core CPU with Media Transcoding
ZyXEL Personal Cloud Storage [2-Bay] for Home with Remote Access and Media Streaming [NAS326]
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Hardware Interface||Ethernet||SATA 6.0 Gb/s, USB 3.0, Ethernet||USB 3.0, SATA 6.0 Gb/s, Ethernet||Ethernet||Ethernet||Ethernet|
|Item Dimensions||8.94 x 5.24 x 4.69 inches||6.50 x 4.25 x 9.14 inches||8.86 x 3.94 x 6.50 inches||8.96 x 5.26 x 4.68 inches||9.25 x 7.09 x 6.97 inches||8.15 x 4.84 x 6.46 inches|
|Item Weight||0.00 ounces||2.87 lbs||3.31 lbs||0.00 ounces||9.48 lbs||2.77 lbs|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The unit appears to be nicely made and sturdy. The drive trays require 4 screws to secure each drive but they supply the screwdriver and it only takes a few seconds. The trays lock into the bays securely and are hot swappable. The trays do not lock (only mentioned because my WHS key-locked the trays, a nice feature). The one large fan on the back is very quiet on the "smart" speed and medium speed. I have not tested high speed. I have mostly used medium which keeps the CPU and drives in the 32-35 Celsius range. The Smart speed raises temps into the 40's which is higher than I prefer.
The operating system, TOS installed reasonably fast and without issue. The BTRFS raid setup was automatic but took a couple of hours to complete the drive testing and raid 1 system setup (2 x 4tb WD Red Drives). The TOS homepage is viewable best in Chrome on the PC and Android devices. There have been some minor glitches for me when using Firefox. The homepage presents a Windows-like desktop with shortcuts for basic functions such as File System, Control Panel, Applications, etc.
One major difference between this NAS and WHS is PC backup. WHS is highly automated on the server which schedules and pulls the backup from every PC running on the network. This NAS requires each PC to be setup to use the server as a mapped destination for backups pushed from the PCs. It works well but requires setup at each PC. I don't run any Apple devices but believe that the included TimeMachine app will handle automatic backups for Apple.
I have needed technical support a couple of times and have had answers in a reasonable time through email and phone. Support phone calls need to be scheduled.
I was looking for a replacement for my dying WHS at a lower cost than Synology or QNAP. The Terramaster F2-221 saved me some money compared to those products and meets my current requirements well.
The unit came in a very substantial box with pre-cut foam inserts to protect the unit during shipping.
The unit was sealed in a plastic bag. Included was a smaller box with the power supply, 2 different sets of screws for mounting hard drives. The chrome screws for 3.5" drives and the black screws for 2.5" drives like SSD which apparently take a slightly differrent screw thread. Also included was a nice screwdriver and a Ethernet cable. Setting up the drive was easy. I just followed the instructions that came with it which said to download the TNAS-PC program from their web site to aid in the setup.
I initially started out with just 1 4TB Seagate Ironwolf RED NAS hard drive in it configured as a "Single" HDD which worked fine.
A week later I ordered a 2nd identical 4TB Seagate Ironwolf RED NAS hard drive. When it arrived I installed it into the 2nd available HDD slot.
The unit recognized the new drive. I was able to go into the control panel and re-configure the NAS to be a RAID 1 mirror image configuration. This keeps an identical copy of all the data from the 1st drive on the 2nd hard drive to provide some additional security from lost files.
I have had other NAS storage devices on my network but they were not stable or reliable. This unit is always there and is very intuitive on how to change things using the control panel. It has a variable speed fan that is super quiet.
Many applications are available to download onto the unit. Like PLEX for serving music and video media for one.
I also use this drive to record my security cameras when they detect motion. The FTP server feature that comes with this NAS is perfect for this.
I created a user account for the cameras to use and created a "shared folder" for the videos to be stored on.
I have each camera storing to their own folder so it is easy to locate the videos.
Setting up the FTP function in the camera was a little bit trickier but with a support call I got through it.
I am very pleased with this unit. It is a great value for the money and feel it is worth a 5 star rating.
The brushed aluminum housing looks great, and while the drive housing and chassis are plastic, the unit is well designed, feels solid and I'll appreciate the lighter weight whenever I have to travel with it. The UX reminds me of a Linux interface, but makes sense in all the ways that you need it to, and comes with a great help file.
I was able to connect via my mac in less than 3 minutes- Windows 10 was another matter entirely. It seems my current build has security implementations that cannot be bypassed even after diving into regedit, but the tech support person responded right away and sent me a link to a legacy version that made it possible to map in Windows 10
So far so good, tech support is much better than most, in my opinion. My knowledge of TCP/IP is just enough to be dangerous, and Terra Master's support system steered me clear away from any major mishaps.
Transfer speeds are as advertized.
Top reviews from other countries
Set a timer on NAS, turn off at midnight which it did. I turned it on shortly after. 1 of my USB drives (from them) failed to be available. 1 of my drives lost half it's data... somewhere...
Update. Apparently (God knows where written) this device should not be used with anything with a USB hub built in that included the two I brought. D5-300C and D2-310 are not compatible.
After buying a Synology my advice is to go Synology.
Had 2 x Crucial MX500 1TB SSD in it for awhile. Failed SMART and it's system popups. Tested on PC, fine.
The single let down for me was not finding any information for my specific situation. My primary access to the world wide web is through my mobile phone along with a chromebook, plus a Linux laptop for more complex tasks. As Terramaster used Linux for their operating system TOS, it's not really unreasonable to expect that there would be instructions relevant to Linux users, isn't it? Well, I wasted quite a bit of time looking for how to set up TOS using a Linux machine only to find everything is about Windows and Macs !!!
I had to use my imagination to get the job done. How? I saw from the guide that access to TOS was via the local IP address and I thought I would try using the same (I fired up my router admin page and looked up the TNAS IP address) on my browser to see what happens. Voila! that got me to the Installation Wizard!!! I didn't even need the apps that Terramaster was asking Windows and Mac users to download!
Terramaster would really score positive points if they included this information in their support page as well as their guides.