Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $33.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online at www.Asurion.com/Amazon or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon.com Gift Card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts are available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- MORE DETAILS: Additional information about this protection plan is available within the “Product guides and documents” section. Simply click “User Guide” for more info. Asurion will also email your plan confirmation with Terms & Conditions to the address associated with your Amazon account within 24 hours of purchase (if you do not see this email, please check your spam folder). Contact us if you cannot locate your plan confirmation and Terms & Conditions via email at AmazonFeedback@Asurion.com.
TERRAMASTER F2-221 NAS Storage 2Bay - Apollo J3355 Dual Core 2.0GHz 2GB Memory Plex Media Server Network Attached Storage, Diskless
Enhance your purchase
|Color||2-bay, dual-core, 2GB RAM|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||9 x 5.24 x 4.69 inches|
|Compatible Devices||Windows, Mac, Linux|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- POWERFUL HARDWARE: the F2-221 NAS storage is equipped with Apollo J3355 2.0GHz dual-core CPU, and 2GB of RAM (expandable up to 4GB). Dual 1GbE LAN ports with each reaching at 119MB/s read and 118MB/s write (network failover / Link Aggregation supported).
- The F2-221 NAS server adopts AES hardware encryption engine to encrypt shared folders and network data transmission to keep data from unauthorized access.
- Advanced Btrfs file system featured in the F2-221 2 bay NAS offers 71,680 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder.
- An ideal Plex server / media server: real-time hardware transcoding of up to two concurrent 4K video streaming.
- Features an aluminum-alloy shell and intelligent temperature control ultra-quiet fan, good in heat dissipation. The F2-221 NAS enclosure is compatible with 3.5" and 2.5" SATA HDD, 2.5" SATA SSD. For better and stable performance, please use dedicated NAS hard drives.
From the brand
Small, Light, and Powerful
- TERRAMASTER’s F2-221 2-bay NAS unit comes with an Apollo J3355 dual-core processor, a frequency of up to 2.0 GHz. Dual 1GbE LAN ports with each reaching at 119MB/s read and 118MB/s write (network failover / Link Aggregation supported).
- The NAS storage is compatible with both AES hardware encryption and 4K HD video transcoding, making the F2-221 an ideal candidate for home multimedia entertainment and small office applications.
Enhance the Safety of your Data with a Next-Generation File System
- Superior storage technology and optimized snapshot technology are the cornerstones of the Btrfs file system, which is what TERRAMASTER’s F2-221 NAS server unit relies on for advanced data protection, prevention of data corruption, and minimal maintenance expenses. Use of this file system promotes high data integrity, all the while promoting flexibility and efficiency in the areas of data protection and data recovery.
- Optimized snapshot technology generates 1,024 snapshots for every shared folder, and up to 71,680 overall system snapshots. In this way, users can benefit from flexible, storage-saving data protection.
- Since data recovery takes place at the file or folder level, businesses can also benefit from enhanced flexibility and efficient data recovery.
- Apollo J3355 dual-core 2.0 GHz CPU
- Two Gigabit LAN Ports, 200MB/s reading and 190MB/s writing
- 2GB DDR3 memory (expandable up to 4GB)
- Two USB 3.0 ports
4K Ultra HD video transcoding
The F2-221’s home server live hardware transcoding of up to two concurrent 4K video transcoding provides hassle-free and high-quality video playback among various devices including high-definition TVs, digital media players, mobile handsets, and computers in the required format, making it an ideal media server to watch your entire multimedia library without having to install a 3rd party player.
A Private Space in the Cloud
A Wealth of Business Applications
A Variety of Backup Methods
Enjoy thousands of containers on Docker
6-layer data security protection
- Automatic scheduled backup & File system cluster
- Btrfs file system and snapshots
- T-RAID array security protection
- AES hardware encryption and transport encryption
- Cloud data backup
|F2-210: 2-bay ARM v8 Quad Core 1.4GHz 1GB RAM||F2-221: 2-bay Apollo J3355 Dual Core 2.0GHz 2GB RAM||F2-422: 2-bay 10GbE Apollo J3455 Quad Core 1.5GHz 4GB RAM||F5-221: 5-bay Apollo J3355 Dual Core 2.0GHz 2GB RAM||F5-422: 5-bay 10GbE Apollo J3455 Quad Core 1.5GHz 4GB RAM|
|CPU||ARM v8 Quad Core||Apollo J3355 Dual-core 2.0GHz||Apollo J3455 Qaud-core 1.5GHz||Apollo J3355 Dual-core 2.0GHz||Apollo J3455 Qaud-core 1.5GHz|
|RAM||1GB (NOT Upgradable)||2GB (Upgradable to 4GB)||4GB (Upgradable to 8GB)||2GB (Upgradable to 4GB)||4GB (Upgradable to 8GB)|
|LAN Port||1 x 10GbE||2 x 1GbE||1 x 10GbE + 2 x 1GbE||2 x 1GbE||1 x 10GbE + 2 x 1GbE|
|Max Raw Storage Capacity||40TB (20TB drive x 2) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||40TB (20TB drive x 2) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||40TB (20TB drive x 2) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||100TB (20TB drive x 5) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||100TB (20TB drive x 5) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|USB Port||2 x USB3.0||2 x USB3.0||2 x USB3.0||2 x USB3.0||2 x USB3.0|
|Supported RAID Type||RAID 0, 1, JBOD, Single||RAID 0, 1, JBOD, Single||RAID 0, 1, JBOD, Single||RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, Single||RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, Single|
|Power consumption||25.6 W (Access), 6.9W (HDD Hibernation)||25.6 W (Access), 6.9W (HDD Hibernation)||25.6 W (Access), 6.9W (HDD Hibernation)||45.6W (Access), 17.3W (HDD Hibernation)||45.6W (Access), 17.3W (HDD Hibernation)|
Compare with similar items
| || |
TERRAMASTER F2-210 2-Bay NAS Quad Core 1GB RAM DDR4 Media Server Personal Private Cloud (Diskless)
TERRAMASTER F2-423 2-Bay High Performance NAS for SMB with N5105/5095 Quad-core CPU, 4GB DDR4 Memory, 2.5GbE Port x 2, Network Storage Server (Diskless)
Synology 2 bay NAS DiskStation DS220j (Diskless), 2-bay; 512MB DDR4
Synology 2 bay NAS DiskStation DS220+ (Diskless)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Compatible Devices||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux||Servers||—||Smartphone,Television,Laptop,Desktop,Camera|
|Hard Disk Size||0.00 TB||0.00 TB||40.0 TB||—||2 GB|
|Hardware Interface||Ethernet, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0 Gb/s||Ethernet, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0 Gb/s||—||USB 3.0, Ethernet, SATA 6.0 Gb/s||Ethernet, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0 Gb/s|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 5.24 x 4.69 inches||8.96 x 5.26 x 4.68 inches||9 x 5 x 4 inches||8.86 x 3.94 x 6.5 inches||6.5 x 4.25 x 9.14 inches|
|Item Weight||3.20 lbs||3.10 lbs||5.00 lbs||3.31 lbs||4.98 lbs|
Reviewed in the United States on November 3, 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I set mine in Raid 0 mode. I wanted to use all of the space available on the two hard drives. For those who want redundancy, you can use a different Raid configuration, such as mirroring, to automatically save your data and then a copy on the second hard drive. Basically, with redundancy, you save the data twice but takes up space. So if you have two 4GB hard drive, you will only get 4GB of storage capacity. With Raid 0, you do not have redundancy but you get the whole 8GB to use.
This NAS and most other NAS do not come with hard drives. The hard drive bays will be empty when you get your unit. You will have to supply your own hard drive. My hard drives are Seagate Ironwolves. They are completely silent. I also programmed the NAS to power off at night. It comes back on in the morning. Doing this will help you save on electricity. There is no need to run the device at night when everybody is asleep unless you are using it to record from your security cameras.
The Terramaster software utility could use some improvement. It is not as easy to use as it should be. I am an IT professional and had no trouble. The average person may need to read the manual. You can also go to Youtube and watch the step by step instruction from the many users of this product. I recommend using the ethernet connection. Use an ethernet cable and connect this directly to your router. Do not go wireless. Hard wire is more reliable.
You can try using an ordinary desktop hard drive. They will work. For those of you who will only use this for a few hours a day, on less than ten devices at a time, yes. A regular hard drive would work. A regular desktop hard drive is something like the WD Blue or the Seagate Barracuda. If you have a lot of devices and this NAS will be operating upwards of 10 or more hours per day, do yourself a favor and get a hard drive that is specifically designed for network storage use. I am talking about hard drives like Seagate Ironwolf and WD Red. These are rugged hard drives that are meant for longer duty cycles. Is your data important? Get a Seagate Ironwolf and forget about the Barracuda. You can increase performance by using a faster hard drive but you may end up sacrificing reliability.
This is a terrific product. I recommend this for light-duty business use, home office use, or for the household which needs to share data across multiple devices. Somebody who has a lot of really important data might need a NAS with at least four to five hard drives. Having a lot of hard drives will allow that user to run in Raid 5 mode. Raid 5 has both redundancy and enhanced performance. This product, the subject of the review, only has two hard drive bays. This will allow you to run Raid 0