- Product Dimensions: 9.8 x 8.5 x 1.1 inches ; 5.6 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B002NPBTW8
- Item model number: S483
- Average Customer Review: 532 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #40,536 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Terramar Men's Thermasilk Pant
|Price:||$28.00 - $69.95|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- 100% Filament Silk
- Made in USA
- Body-insulating silk-jersey pant featuring covered elastic waistband, fly front, and ribbed cuffs
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Terramar ec2 Filament Jersey Silk is a versatile knit fabric that maximizes silk's superb body-insulating ability. Filament jersey silk is made naturally from individual strands from silk cocoon. Lightweight yet incrediby strong, the silk jersey knit is supple and sumptuous with a natural stretch for all day comfort. It's an ideal, luxurious base layer.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are all those poly blend undergarments that get a lot of marketing attention, but NONE of them compare to silk. At this time silk is the best of them all. The one thing about silk is that it keeps you warm in the cold but you don't overheat when you go inside. Additionally, they are so thin you can wear them under your dress clothes. So, if you're a salesman going to and from your car to various environments all day these are what you want.
As I said, these are the third pair of Terramar long johns I've owned. Mine usually start to develop holes in about 8 years which require replacement. Hence my recent purchase.
To compare these to the Terramar Silkweight (the next closest comparison in temp and weight) :
* These are 100% pure silk.. Silkweight is 100% polyester
* These are good down to 65° by themselves ( wearing shorts and maybe rain pants ).. Silkweight is good closer to 55° with the same.
* These weigh 90g in Medium.. Silkweight weighs 140g in Medium.
* These are VERY comfortable to wear.
* Silk feels great against your skin.
* They are rather see through when stretched out over your sikn.
* They don't stretch as well as other terramars obviously, because its pure silk.
* They seem as durable as any other terramar. I've worn them out sitting on the ground by a fire, minor branch snags here and there, no rips or issues.
If I had to come up with any con... I'd like to see a hybrid of the silk with a little polyester or spandex. Something between the weight of these and the Silkweights, that offered a little stretch that fits a bit better (or a bit more like the rest of terramars), and maybe offered a bit more warmth. Although it's not really a con as much as a wish for another product.
These are great warm weather thermals though, that I will continue to use for many years.
The only problem with the silk material is that it tends to develop runs and holes with constant use. Unfortunately it is not a simple job to patch these so I just replace the worn out pair with a new one from time to time. With daily use, including long walks outdoors, a pair will last several months (essentially on winter season) before developing holes and tears.
I am so happy with them, I bought two more pairs.