Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
on October 9, 2014
I see lots of comments here about washing them. I put mine in the small, plastic-mesh bags that onions and peppers come in at the grocery store. I tie a knot at the open end of the bag and throw it in the washer (cold water), then I pull them out and hang them to dry. Much less time consuming than the hand-wash thing. I have to order men's because the women's don't come in tall. They definitely run small, so order up.

6/4/15 I have been wearing them for months now and am pleased with their durability. I have tried other brands {Winter's Silks for example) that shred at the crotch seams right away. For the price they pretty good.
on September 30, 2014
These were different than the ones my grandma bought me last year, and I know these are the same because I saw the comment I made on these under my grandparent's account and purchased them myself this time.

The only difference is the waist band. My number one love for these was the covered waistband, like the Hanes comfort soft or whatever it's called. These have the typical scratchy elastic waistband that is not covered with any of the fabric (silk) so the waistband is itchy. Wear your boxers either a little high, or pull your silk pants down some, forreal.

Otherwise, these are fantastic. I wear them literally everyday along with the silk shirt by this brand, and my shirt is still holding up well. Obviously you can't wash these (or any silkwear) in a machine or you'll destroy them - learned that the hard way (obviously, right?) but I hand wash mine instead with a tiny bit of detergent in the bathtub and then air-dry them and they don't stretch, shrink, or unthread themselves. I have stretch lines in the shirt, but it's a year old now and for being paper-thin silk, that's a decent buy.

This set of this brand for pants and shirt adds up to about $55.00 but has free shipping. So for a year of everyday wearing, these were more than worth it and I had to buy them again for the upcoming winter.

Silk is lightweight, like the package says "warmth protection [or quality or level, I don't know] is a 1 - which is the lowest level of warmth - so don't expect these to keep your person from freezing in really cold climates. For Michigan - and northern Kentucky that I live in now, these are the best at keeping the chill away. Moisture wicking is extraordinary with silk, too.

After wearing these, I came to find out that while the waistband is not covered, it is indeed soft and does not itch or poke. I gave back the star I initially took away. Thanks, Terramar.

WAISTBAND actually kinda bends and folds in on itself making it slightly annoying - especially since it curls around your pants or boxers.
on December 5, 2015
These long underpants are terramar thermailk, which I think really is silk, but they are made in China, so who knows? I think they are silk, and they are really nice. I got large because I usually get a size too large from Chinese manufacturers. However, these are a bit larger that I'd expected, but still not too large for me. Next time I'll get medium, because I usually wear medium. I think I'll order two pairs, just because these are such a good price and are really nice. They are a bit thicker than other silks I have bought before, and they are very warm. I love them.
on November 11, 2013
Thanks for offering a tall size. Everything was as described. Please remember this is silk and not extremely heavy, so this is for those who prefer the comfort and moisture wicking of silk versus a heavy duty undergarment. Still, this is great for ease of layering and taking the minor chill out of the winter months.
on January 27, 2013
I needed a little extra insulation for a 4 week trip I took to some cooler climates where temps would be high 20's to mid 40's F many times. These are great. Nice and thin so that you don't feel like a stuffed sack. Slippery so that your pants don't bind up. Quick to wash and dry at the hotel.

Buy them a size or two up for comfort of fit. They are so stretchy that it won't matter. I bought XX and then ended up loaning a pair to my son who normally wears medium. They worked just fine for him.
on January 3, 2015
I really like these apparently. I have now gone through 4 pairs over the years. I'd give them 5 stars if they were just a little more durable. I am getting about a 2 years wear out of each pair (the shirts last almost twice as long for me for some reason).
They are very thin so not for subzero temps but surprisingly warmer than you'd think on cold days. I wear these riding my motorcycle (under my riding gear of course) when the temps are 45-60 degrees and they make a huge difference.
Bottom line: I don't know if it's possible to find a more comfortable base layer.
on December 13, 2016
Wonderful fitting pants. My husband can wear under his lounging pants at home on a cold night or under cotton charcoal or Khaki pants on a cold, windy day. He can pull the legs of the pants up comfortably not to hang from his dress pants, if need be. The Terramar Men's Thermasilk Filament Pant & Crew are the perfect set for Charleston SC weather, winter and spring. I think I will order the white this time, maybe for Christmas.
on April 16, 2017
My husband really like these!
on June 6, 2017
These are nice and warm.
on November 7, 2015
When most long johns tend to ride a little high on my legs, I figured I needed some in a tall. I'm 6 feet tall - half of that in the legs. I was more than satisfied with the quality of the silk but greatly surprised when the length was half way over my feet. They had to go back.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.