Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Big & Rich Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 88 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 89 reviews
on November 10, 2012
I bought this for a very low price... so low, that I wasn't sure what I would be getting. I must say, I'm impressed so far.

The tool is fairly heavy duty. Although it looks cheap and plasticy, it has a nice heavy feel to it and feels relatively solid. It comes with a good range of accessories including a few cutting tools and some sandpaper. I used a couple of the blades to cut some excess molding, and it performed as expected. The variable speed feature is nice, I'm glad I paid a few extra bucks for it.

The only issues I've had are that I have to really crank down to securely attach the accessories, or they'll get loose. I have a feeling that this will be the ultimate demise of the tool, but it's difficult to say when that would be. Also, a very minor issue, but the accessories box that comes with the tool box does not stay shut.

So for now, four stars with the above shortcomings. I'll be satisfied if I'm able to get a few years out of it, given that I really don't use this tool very often.
on November 24, 2012
How could anything this inexpensive be worth anything!? I took a chance and I was totally and pleasantly surprised. It performed as well as anyone could have expected. I'm totally satisfied with this product and would recommend it to anyone.
on July 13, 2013
I've been using this tool for the last few months on various projects and I've found it to be extremely useful. I've used all of the attachnents and have found that the cutting blades seem to be a little on the flimsy side, but still get the job done very well. I tried finding replacement blades & parts online, but didn't have any luck. I've used the replacement pads made by Dremel fit and work perfectly . Dremel also sells a universal mounting attachement for $0.89 that you can add to the Terratek to mount their attachments. I bought a wood cutting blade that works perfectly with the universal attachment. The only attachment that hasn't work is the multi-flex saw blade (the base won't fit on the universal adapter). Now that I know that there are replacement parts out there, I feel even better about this item. The tool itself is very sturdy and I haven't had any issues with it. It's costs half as less than the big name tools, but works just as well. I highly recommend this item.
on September 19, 2016
I bought this tool as a lightning deal on Amazon for $29. It has been well worth the price. I haven't used it very much but when I have, it has been invaluable.

I never expected that I would use this for plumbing, but that is where it has come in most handy. I installed a new faucet on my bathtub and the instructions were to cut the installed pipe to about 1/4". It was very loud, but I was able to use the metal cutting blade to trim it exactly how I needed it. Then the other day I was working on a leaky toilet. The bolt was rusted and I could not remove the tank. A tip online suggested using a reciprocating saw but the bathroom wall was too close to fit the saw into the area I needed to cut. So I pulled out this bad boy again and put the blade on at a 45 degree angle. Slowly but surely I was able to cut through the rusted bolt and finish my plumbing task.
review image
on January 9, 2013
I had one of these by another manucturer at twice the price. This unit is better built, has more assesories, and even comes with a nifty case to keep it all in. Lastly, and the best feature is this; my old unit died because the brushes wore out. This unit comes with a spare set of brushes. I suggest that when you swap out the original brushes for the included replacements, order another set or two of brushes because the hi-speed motor goes through brushes; seems like every 100 hours to me. Other than this, this gizmo is excellent.
on December 3, 2012
received this today. I used it to cut 1/2 inch thick wood base board for placement of an electrical outlet. I used the half moon and the 1 inch wide blade. Buzzed right through the wood and worked like a charm. I've been wanting one of these units for awhile. looking at harbor freight they are $20,the speed is not adjustable and it comes with the 1 inch wide blade. I caught this on special from amazon for $29.00 with the accessories. well worth the extra $9. the six speed adjustment is a nice feature. way to go amazon.... UPDATE 11/12/2013 ........ I have to say this tool works! I replaced some Masonite panels on one of my garage doors. the trim holding them in was not removable..... I used the "C" shaped cutter tool and the 1" plunge cutter.....made short work of the job..... using it as a sander works okay, not the greatest, but the cutting portion of the tool is super. I find I use the motor speed adjustment a lot. A valuable tool to have if you own a home, IMO.
on November 6, 2013
Extremely useful tool with an affordable price. I used this tool for a major project over the 2013 summer. It saved me a lot of time and misery (more so as I learned how to use it). It seems to be well made and, especially for the price, pretty durable. I expect that I will use this tool a lot in my projects.

The only problem I have found is not in the tool, itself, but in locating attachments (blades) that are worth a whit. They all promise one thing, but do not deliver very well....even the major brands do not produce durable blades that provide much service. Nevertheless, I recommend this tool, especially for the price.
on December 29, 2013
Purchased this tool at a price significantly less than what it would cost to purchase a similar tool at Home Depot or Lowe's. The tool came in a really nice heavy-duty plastic carrying case that holds the tools and all the attachments. The attachments came in a smaller plastic box that fits nicely in the plastic carrying case. So far I've used this tool to cut drywall and it worked beautifully. It cut right through the drywall without any issue.

I haven't had any difficulty securing the attachments to the tool. They stay attached without issue.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who needs a cheap tool for home (i.e. not professional) use.
I'm an average guy who had some small DIY home projects to do, and so I was really hoping to like this oscillating tool as it was so affordable and I have no need for professional grade tools. Unfortunately, I ended up returning this tool. While the build of the tool seemed quite good, the problem I kept having was with the saw blades coming loose. All of the tools are held in place by a single bolt which you tighten on by hand, and unfortunately, it just wouldn't stay tight and therefore the saw blades would come loose and lose all usefulness until you turned it off and tightened it again. My blades started coming loose during the first day of use, so even if I had a slightly defective model, I imagine this tool generally wouldn't have the longest of lifespans.
on May 8, 2013
I got this Oscillating tool because I have a parquet floor in a kitchen which has been remodeled. Yes, parquet wood is a bit old school, but I love my floors. However due to moving some counters and installing some where there were no counters the floor had to be patched and since the wood is of a certain age it's near impossible to match. That's where the patching comes in. I'm a woman with a bit of mechanical and building skill because I grew up in a garage that my Dad has had since before I was born, and my Grandfather was a Master Brick Mason, so needless to say I've been around a few things under construction in my life. At any rate my floor had linoleum under the parquet which it had been glued to with Black Mamba (A super tough black glue) and the linoleum under that had also been glued down and nailed down before the parquet had been glued to that.... Needless to say the damaged areas of parquet around the border that need to be patched were not wanting to come out. My Fiance has been working on it and has made patches that are undetectable and removed flooring with brut strength, during which time he also hurt himself doing so. He however has been working 6 days a week as of late and I got tired of a hole being in the middle of my kitchen floor. I got this little jewel and using the plunge cutter outlined the damaged areas I wanted to remove with very smooth cuts. I then took the scrapping paddle and ran it under the linoleum on the segments that had to be removed and voila! perfect squares came out with very little muscle on my part. It works like a dream! I will be using the sander later on, on some things, and will have to update my feedback at that time. This tool is loud, but I've heard louder... Much Louder! The blade did come loose from the hex nut after a few seconds when I first started it, but then I tightened it again and it didn't come loose again. This just honestly makes projects much easier on you. I highly recommend for anyone! But it's a good tool for women, and for those who have diminished upper body strength for some reason. Cuts are very smooth! Best purchase I've made in a long time! I'll post pictures of my project as well so you can see the cuts, when I update my review.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.