|Digital List Price:||$17.99|
|Print List Price:||$17.95|
Save $6.96 (39%)
The Terror Factory: Inside the FBI's Maufactured War on Terrorism Kindle Edition
|Length: 272 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The next time some real terrorists plot to blow something up in America, the FBI will no doubt miss it, being too busy tricking the slowest kid down at the Islamic bookstore into praising Osama for the promise of $20,000.
The courts have let them get away with it, so thank goodness there are a few decent reporters left willing to challenge the feds on their third-world ways.
Trevor Aaronson ably describes the FBI agent-informant entrapment business, tells the story of wholly innocent and mostly-innocent people who could-would never have become terrorists but for the provocateur sent to frame them up, the ruthless blackmail used by the feds to terrorize average Joe Muslims to become informants/provocateurs, the perverse incentives driving them to continue the same policy and the mass media credulity that helps make it all possible.
Imagine an incompetent bureaucrat. Now imagine a corrupt one. Now imagine both combined. You're starting to get at the image I take away of some of the FBI agents' actions recounted in this book.
Now imagine someone both dumb enough to be manipulated by one of those bureaucrats and hopelessly criminal, often sociopathic, and generally at the mercy of the criminal or immigration courts. Now you're down to the level of the FBI informant, of which we the Sacred-Taxpayers-Who-Shall-Defund-Our-Own-Retirement employ some 15,000 now, dramatically more than ever before. And we pay them very well.
Then try to picture someone so naive, incompetent, desperate, out-of-place, or deranged as to be manipulable by an FBI informant. Now you're at the level of the evil terrorist masterminds out to blow up our skyscrapers.
Well, not really. They're actually almost entirely bumbling morons who couldn't tie their own shoes or buy the laces without FBI instigation and support. The FBI plants the ideas, makes the plans, provides the fake weapons and money, creates the attempted act of terrorism, makes an arrest, and announces the salvation of the nation.
Over and over again. The procedure has become so regular that intended marks have spotted the sting being worked on them simply by googling the name or phone number of the bozo pretending to recruit them into the terrorist brotherhood, and discovering that he's a serial informant.
Between 911 and August, 2011, the U.S.Read more ›
I was left with the impression that the resources and energy of the FBI are being wasted on setting up people who had no inclination towards terrorism prior to FBI involvement, and who had no ability to carry out an act of terrorism, i.e. funding or connections with international terrorist organizations.
I read this book shortly after the Boston Marathon bombing. In light of reports that the FBI received information from Russian authorities about Tamerlan Tsarnaev one can only wonder if resources were not wasted on entrapment schemes, perhaps there would have been more follow up on this real threat and the tragedy averted.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Delusional. Naive. Ignorant. Islamism IS a threat, and weeding out the terrorists and wannabes should be commended. This is an apologist for TERRORISTS. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Truth Revolt
I thought this was going to be a good book about insider CIA and FBI black ops but a few chapters in the author discussed the 9/11 "terrorists" and it lost me. Read morePublished 8 months ago by marcia emberg
Finally a true patriot who cares deeply for his country. It is apparent to me we are going off the rails in this country. Read morePublished 8 months ago by harshmellow
Very well written, but it's frustrating to see how the public has been fooled by the manufactured wars in the Middle East, and how much we've been lied to and manipulated by the... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Jon P. Thornburgh
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Law > Criminal Law > Forensic Science
- Books > Law > Criminal Law > Law Enforcement
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > International & World Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Law Enforcement
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > National & International Security
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Terrorism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Criminology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Emigration & Immigration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Law > Criminal Law > Law Enforcement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Crime & Criminals > Criminology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Crime & Criminals > Forensic Science
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > International & World Politics > Relations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > National & International Security
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Terrorism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Emigration & Immigration