Viola-player Roger Chase and his accompanist Michiko Otaki follow Roger's pioneering Dutton Epoch recording of viola concertos by Stanley Bate and W H Bell (Dutton Epoch CDLX 7216) by celebrating the Tertis tradition, again playing Lionel Tertis's own Montagnana viola. Here we have music by Arnold Bax, York Bowen, Sir Arthur Bliss, Edmund Rubbra and Vaughan Williams. Bax's Concert Piece, his early passionate encounter with Ireland, and the two Melodies by Bax's friend York Bowen are ripely romantic and lyrical effusions, contrasting with the virtuosic, coruscating Sonata by Bliss and Rubbra's calmly soaring Meditation on a Byzantine Hymn 'O Quando in Cruce'.
Have one to sell?
The Tertis Tradition- Music for Viola & Piano Import
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
1. Romance for viola & piano
2. Concert Piece (Fantasy), for violin or viola & piano
3. Melody for the C string, for viola & piano, Op. 51/2
4. Melody for the G String, for viola & piano, Op. 47
5. Meditations on a Byzantine Hymn 'O Quando in Cruce' for solo viola, Op. 117
6. Sonata for viola & piano, Op. 52, F. 91: 1. Moderato
7. Sonata for viola & piano, Op. 52, F. 91: 2. Andante
8. Sonata for viola & piano, Op. 52, F. 91: 3. Furiant (Molto allegro)
9. Sonata for viola & piano, Op. 52, F. 91: 4. Coda (Andante maestoso)
There are no customer reviews yet.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Amazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers. Learn more about Amazon Giveaway
This item: The Tertis Tradition- Music for Viola & Piano