- File Size: 598 KB
- Print Length: 264 pages
- Publication Date: January 24, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0035WTNSK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #620,982 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.49|
Save $9.50 (76%)
Test Pilot's Daughter: Revenge Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
"The Angels" Share" by J.R. Ward
Best-selling author J. R. Ward delivers the second novel in her Bourbon Kings series—a sweeping saga of a Southern dynasty struggling to maintain a façade of privilege and prosperity, while secrets and indiscretions threaten its very foundation. Learn more | See related books
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Overall: 3 stars
Plot/Storyline: 3 stars
Christina was like a junior Wonder Woman - she skydived, scuba dived, and flew airplanes like an experienced pilot after only a few hours of instruction. If the girls were a little younger, and if the more violent scenes were rewritten or deleted, the story would be appropriate - perhaps even inspirational - for younger teenagers, but the story just wasn't believable enough for me.
The first third of the book, which followed the three girls from age eleven through high school, wasn't that interesting and served little purpose. There were dead ends such as the chapter where Jessica's abusive stepfather Roy beat her mom senseless, broke down Jessica's bedroom door, and tried to rape her. Jessica had telephoned Christina to help her, so Christina rushed over and stopped Roy by threatening him with her shotgun. But there was no follow-up, no calling the police, no mention of the stepfather after that. And there was very little mention of any of the girls' parents, it's almost as if they raised themselves.
About halfway through the story, the action picked up and the story got more interesting when the three girls entered college. Christina started flying lessons, Heather became romantically involved with an older man, and Jessica studied old Spanish archives to locate sunken treasure. The three girls were now living their dreams. During a summer break, they embarked on a trip to the Bahamas on a treasure-hunting expedition that ended in tragedy. And this is where it really got too unbelievable for me. Christina showed flying skills that only a veteran pilot would have, even though she had not even earned her pilot's license.Read more ›
Most of the story was also unbelievable. To think that an overweight plane could gain enough speed on a sandy beach is just too far fetched.
Perhaps the author should go back and rewrite some of the story.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Liked chemistry of the characters. Story flowed well. Plot was intriguing and kept me interested throughout. A very good read.Published 4 months ago by Jim Jr
I bought this book because the tease for it sounded good. This was a new author for me, and I am now a fan. Read morePublished 10 months ago by houston
This is an entertaining reading. The story is a bit farfetched.Published 13 months ago by Simon P. Rowland
Great book from start to finish. I was hooked at the beginning and read straight thru. Loves the characters and the story.Published 15 months ago by Betty Kite
This is a quick, easy read that holds your interest; and keeps you wanting to know what happens next. Read morePublished 17 months ago by MaryAnn Ort
This book was very entertaining. I enjoyed reading it. I was pleased to see it did not get explicit with the sex scenes.Published 18 months ago by Stacy King
First book I've read by Steve Ward. Enjoyed it for the most part. Storyline was good just needs a little more expansion to leave the reader feeling fulfilled.Published 21 months ago by Tina Tavernier
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Romantic
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Saga
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural > Ghosts
- Books > Romance > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Sagas
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance