- File Size: 1175 KB
- Print Length: 46 pages
- Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers (May 1, 2013)
- Publication Date: May 1, 2013
- Sold by: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00CMVX07A
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#28,279 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #28 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Survival Stories
- #127 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- #132 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Price set by seller.
The Testing Guide (The Testing Trilogy) Kindle Edition
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
From this novella, I'm hoping that Zeen will have more of a presence in future books, but I found this novella to be a nice way to find more out about Zeen, as well as the history. Like I said before, this is meant to be read as a preview for The Testing so don't be expecting a prequel to the series. However, if you really liked the book, or are thinking of reading The Testing, this is worth checking out (after all...it's free to download!).
Really, THIS can barely be called a short story. As long as it's free, then just call it a bonus, but if it ever costs money (it's free now), it isn't worth it!
This story took me about 5 minutes to read. When I finished, my Kindle indicated I was 22% finished. What?? That was it?? The rest was advertising about the other books. Disappointing.
You could read all of this for a sampling of the other books (or request a sample from each book's Amazon page.) This is a promo and little more.
We are with Zeen as he studies in preparation for the ceremony where he expects he will get selected for The Testing. A couple interactions with other characters. No new insight or revelation. He doesn't get selected, of course, and it ends with Cia, at ten-years-old, studying for her future selection. It shows a few questions and answers from the first exam at selection, but we pretty much already saw all these answers in the first two books.
So, my advice is:
1) Do not pay for this. Ever.
2) It can be read before the other books or as a sampler. The sample chapters are a much better measure of the books, though (and those are in this "prequel.")
3) You can read this at any point in the series. The only time when it would feel like new information is if you read it before the other books.
This ePrequel is fairly short and an easy read (goes by too quickly!). As a bonus, it also includes the first few chapters of The Testing to really get you hooked! A great addition to your eBookshelf!