Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack; High-Performance Backpack for Backpacking, Hiking, Camping; Sewn-in Rain Cover
|Price:||$59.99 & FREE Shipping.Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$10.00 (14%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HIGH RANKING PACK: Continues to be the top selling internal frame backpack on Amazon at a great price for all the included features
- PERFECT BEGINNER OR QUICK TRIP PACK: Just right for youth and adults for light backpacking trips; best for 2-4 day adventures; 3400 cubic inches (55 L) capacity; weighs 4.5 pounds (2 kg)
- FIVE-STAR COMFORT: Multi-position torso adjustment fits wide range of body sizes; Durable open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels provide maximum comfort and airflow; Backpack for men and women
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Beyond Basics backpack with hundreds of 5-star reviews testifying to the great quality and design; large sleeping bag compartment, multi-directional compression straps, and multiple compartments and pockets for strategic packing
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Beyond Basics backpack with hundreds of verified 5-star reviews testifying to the great quality and design; large sleeping bag compartment, multi-directional compression straps, and multiple compartments and pockets for strategic packing
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Scout3400 Internal Frame Backpack
The TETON Sports Scout 3400 is a durable hiking pack with sturdy zippers, mesh lumbar support, padded waist and shoulder straps, and bendable aluminum stays. You won't believe how comfortable this pack is for the money. Features a safety yellow rainfly that stays hidden until you need it, then pulls out to protect pack and gear. The main compartment closes securely with two barrel-lock drawstrings. The pack also has gear loops to hang ski poles, ice axe or shovel and a top carry-loop to make it easy for loading into the car.
Padded shoulder straps
Fully adjustable shoulder straps and torso length to fit a wide variety of people.
Choose from a variety of colors
The TETON Sports Scout3400 now comes in three color variations to suit your preference.
Integrated bright yellow water-resistant rainfly.
|Capacity||2700 Cubic Inches / 44 Liters||3400 Cubic Inches / 55 Liters||4000 Cubic Inches / 65 Liters||4000 Cubic Inches / 65 Liters||5200 Cubic Inches / 75+10 Liters||5,500 Cubic Inches / 90 Liters|
|Color Options||Blackout||Mecca Orange | Hunter Green | Coyote Tan||Blackout||Metallic Silver | Navy Blue | Hunter Green||Mars Red | Navy Blue||Blackout|
|Dimensions (inches)||26" x 11" x 9"||30" x 17" x 12"||27" x 12" x 10"||32" x 18" x 12"||34" x 16" x 13"||34" x 15" x 17"|
|Torso length adjustment (inches)||Adjustable 15" - 20"||Adjustable 15" - 19.5"||Adjustable 15" - 20"||Adjustable 19" - 23"||Adjustable 15.5" - 23"||Adjustable 16" - 22"|
|Pack Weight||4.1 lbs (with tarp poncho) 3.2 lbs (without tarp poncho)||4.5 lbs||5.25 lbs (with tarp poncho) 4 lbs (without tarp poncho)||5 lbs||5.5 lbs||6 lbs (with tarp poncho) 5.2 lbs (without tarp poncho)|
The TETON Sports Scout3400 Backpack is a 55-Liter pack that’s great for men, women, and youth and includes features you usually see in much higher-priced packs. The Scout is an internal frame pack that has a fully adjustable fit in the torso and waist belt. The thick padded shoulder straps have upper load adjustment straps to comfortably carry heavy loads for longer. The durable open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels provide maximum comfort and airflow. Made with a 600D diamond ripstop and 600D Oxford canvas shell that stands up to years of rugged adventuring. Other features include a large sleeping bag compartment, multi-directional compression straps, and multiple compartments and pockets arranged for strategic packing. Rainfly also included. It’s quality backpacking gear at an affordable price.
Seller Warranty Description
Limited Lifetime Warranty - TETON Sports strives to manufacture the best possible products for our customers. Our limited lifetime warranty covers products against defects in materials or workmanship. This warranty is cheerfully extended to the original owner only and excludes normal wear and tear (e.g., zippers that wear out after extended use) or misuse. Please follow care instructions. If, after inspection, a product is determined by us to be defective in workmanship or materials, we will repair or replace it at our option, at no cost to you (the original owner). Contact customer service for assistance by visiting us online at tetonsports.com to obtain a return authorization number. Shipping fees may apply. For international warranty claims (outside the United States), shipping and duty fees are the responsibility of the consumer.
Color: Coyote Tan
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So far I've also used it on multiple hikes and hunting trips through thick brush and between 3 deer I've packed out over 200 lb of venison in the mountains in Utah and Washington. I've thrown it through the washer to clean out all of the blood and it came out like new.
The only wear I've seen on mine is a couple of threads have loose on the bottom where it hides the rain fly, but it doesn't affect anything serious on the pack. It's already well outlived its price and It's got to have at least enough life to redo everything I've already done with it based on its current condition.
great price (gives you more peace of mind when being rough with it)
great size, perfect for carry-on (taken on around 10+ flights, never a problem)
fairly light when empty
Convenient storage on top pouch with an underside zip up pocket for more protected items.
Pretty comfortable, even when filled with 60+ pounds of meat.
Holds Mountain Dew well.
I wish the waist fabric things were the smaller size, as I don't keep it buckled in very often and they get in the way if I forget to buckle them behind the pack.
Did not come with delicious bacon.
One of the drink holders is slightly smaller than the other, making it more effort to get my large size (in diameter) nalgene bottle in it. It still fits, but it's hard to put in one handed while its still on my back, the other pocket is easier like I said.
The internal frame bars are hard to get back in, I washed it once with them in and took them out for a second wash, I wish I had left them in both times. I had to stick my hand on the inside and guide them past some material that was inside the frame pocket.
Let's talk about technical details:
- 55L capacity (as a one big compartment or 40L in the main compartment + 15L in the bottom compartment, see below for details)
- Fabric: 600D Diamond Ripstop / 600D PU (when "famous" brands offer no more than 210D Diamond Ripstop/600PU)
- Hydration Capacity: 101-Ounce (3 Liter), Not Included
- Pack Weight: 4.5 lbs (0.5lb more than other brands)
- Waist Belt: Adjustable 26" - 60"
- Torso Length: Adjustable 15" - 19.5"
- Limited lifetime warranty which is basically like any other lifetime warranty but they are honest enough to precise that it covers products against defects in materials or workmanship but excludes normal wear and tear or misuse
Let's talk about features:
- Comfort/Fit: Many adjustable straps that make this pack very customizable to your size. Very comfortable even on long trips.
- Air Ventilation: Designed with an effective airflow system (lumbar pad and molded channels), which does a great job reducing heat, even after hours of hiking.
- Padding: Waist belt, hip, and lumbar thick pads make this pack very comfortable and allow excellent lumbar support.
- Straps: Hips and shoulder straps are wide and the locks keep everything in place nicely. Also comes with top/bottoms, side/front compression straps to secure sleeping bag, pad, or tents.
- Storage: Full capacity of 55L, enough for 3-5 day hikes. Separate compartments are easily accessed and organized:
1) On flap: two large zippered pockets
2) Main Compartment: large and roomy, and can be accessed from the top or bottom. There is also a zipper at the floor of the main compartment to allow easy access to the separate bottom compartment. Also offers a 3L storage pocket for hydration water bladder
3) Mesh front pocket and water bottle side pockets: large front pocket ad one pocket on each side that securely fit 32oz water bottles
4) Side pockets: roomy pockets to store stuff for easy access. A great feature is that these pockets are not compressed even with a fully loaded main compartment, and so the available space in these pockets always remain the same
5) Bottom compartment: 15L capacity (larger than most of the competitors) commonly used to store your sleeping bag. Can be conveniently accessed from the bottom of the main compartment or from the bottom of the bag using its own zipper.
6) Bungee Cord System: to secure and carry more extra gear on the outside of the pack
7) Front and side compression straps: to hang additional gear (trekking poles for example), or to compress the bag when carrying smaller loads
8) Scratch pocket: located under the pack, it stores a bright yellow water-resistant rainfly
I used this pack on 25 miles hikes so far and I love it. On the top I put some snacks and my sleeping clothes. In the main compartment I had my clothes for 3 days, a stove with fuel, and meals for 3 days. On the sides I had my water filtration system, emergency care kit, and my rain jacket. At the bottom I stored a 2-person tent with poles, stakes, and mallet. As you can tell I still had plenty of room at the top, in the main compartment (1/3 of the space was free), and I had nothing holding on the bungee cord system nor in the mesh pocket on the front. One (maybe the most) important aspect is that the pack is a well-balanced backpack.
We also bought the Teton Summit 2800 for my wife (another great pack ;) ). I'm so glad to have all these awesome features just for a fair price for me and the company. It should last years and, even if I have to buy another one it will eventually cost me less than a pack from a more "famous" brand and it would be a nice opportunity to try another model. I have friends who spent twice that price for their packs and I congratulate myself everytime I make the comparison with what they get for the price.
Most recent customer reviews
Such a great backpack.