Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,360 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,618 reviews
on December 3, 2016
I bought 2 of these for my betta tanks, they are both around 5 gallon, the fish always seemed to be sluggish and laying around on the bottom of the tank. I read they liked slightly warm water so I bought these after checking pricing at my local pet store. The same exact one at Meijer was double this price, which worried me if it was going to be decent.

I plugged them both in , obviously one in each tank, attached the suction cups, there was nothing to adjust at all, the red light came on saying it was working, after about an hour it turned green which meant it had reached proper temp, I felt the water and it was not really warm but more slightly warmer than room temp. But before it was quite cool to the touch, almost cold. Within less than an hour later both fish were swimming all over the place.

This was 4 days ago and it although it still is early I have to say this was a great buy. The fish continue to seem happier, more active, eating better, cant believe how much a difference it made.

So far , so good. I love my fish, dumb I know, but bettas are so unique and have personalities I'm just sure of it, lol! I feel like a much better fish owner having got these heaters and making the fish more comfortable, and I could swear their colors seem brighter, a side effect perhaps? This is a great price , it works like it said it would and it adjusts the temp in the water automatically. I cant complain at all about this product.
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
 I order 6 Tetra 50w heaters for my 6 Bettas. The reviews are a hit and miss, so I figure I'll give it a try and hope for the best. While these heaters are well made in terms of quality. There is a issue with them producing the correct amount of heat and maintain it also.

You will notice that it goes on Green and then turns itself off within 5-10 minutes. This is normal and it will go back on within 15 minutes. It appears it was made this way to slowly increase the temperature so that the fish doesn't get shock with rapid temperature change.

Out of 6 of these that I purchase, 4 of them gave incorrect temperatures from 74 degrees Max to 78 degrees Max. What's disappointing is that in the morning, the heaters could not maintain its temperature at all. It gave me 68-72 degrees in the mornings.

Out of 6 ordered, 2 worked perfectly. But since I was returning the 4, I might as well just return the rest. So these are a hit and a miss. I ended up buying 50w mini heaters with controllable temperature dial on eBay from CLLPets for much less for a 3 pack, then it would coast me just for one of these.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2017
So far so good with this tank heater. I was a little hesitant to use it with all the reviews saying their fish died but I ended up putting it in the tank without plugging it in for a whole day. Once I turned it on, I made sure to check the temperature regularly. It's stayed at a constant 78 degrees. My Betta doesn't bother it either but my snail does climb on it. He's doesn't seem to be bothered by it. I do plan to do the same thing every time I clean the tank, unplug it, clean the tank and let it sit for a day to acclimate then turn it on. Plus, I think it's good to turn it off to give it a break. It's almost been two weeks so I will be cleaning the tank then. Works well for my but I think it's best to do your homework on something like this. You don't want to mess around with electricity and water. Definitely read the instructions first.
on September 1, 2016
This heater works perfectly in my one gallon Betta aquarium. It maintains a temperature of 80 - 82 degrees & my Betta couldn't be happier. I also placed one in my 15 gallon aquarium and it also stays at the same temperature. I would highly recommend this heater.
on March 17, 2017
I have 5 of these and I've never had an issue with any of them. This is my go to heater for any tank or even bowl 10gallons or under. I keep one of these in my 1 gallon hospital fish bowl and it keeps the water at 78 degrees which is perfect for tropical fish including bettas!
This heater is also able to be placed vertical and horizontal with no issues. We have four tanks with bettas in them and they love to rest on top of the heater and sleep. Our bettas are very happy with them and they fit wonderfully in our 5 galling and 2.5 gallon tanks as well as our 1gallon bowl with out exceeding the 78 degrees. Also I love that this shuts off when it reaches the correct degree such a lot of smaller heaters do not and can make the water far too hot or require a timer to keep them from cooking your fish.
on July 21, 2017
I needed a cheap heater for a budget 5.5 gallon Betta tank I have set up. Instead of looking for more expensive Eheim or Fluval units like I normally would, this was on sale for Prime Day at a steal.

This little thing is stout. It feels like it could actually be unbreakable. Further, it is remarkably compact - fitting nicely into the corner and keeps the tank at tropical temperature without issue. Even with the home air conditioner on 71°F this thing keeps up and isn't continually on.

I have no complaints.
on March 20, 2017
Perfect for my 3g betta tank. He is the happiest betta I have had. I never used a heater in my betta tanks before, and tried this one per recommendations I have read regarding betta care. He is very happy, active and inquisitve.....I always thought my other ones were, until I got him and added a heater. Works perfectly.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 10, 2016
Got this as a back-up heater for either my 2.5 or 5 gallon betta tanks. Currently have the same kind (purchased from LFS) in the 2.5 gallon tank. Was working decently, but now that it's winter and the heat can drop down to 50 F while we're at work, this heater is seriously struggling. Get's down to 68F which is not good for the betta when he really prefers the 76-80 range! Much prefer my adjustable heater in the bigger tank that I can easily adjust to compensate for the temperature.
on August 2, 2017
I use these heaters in both of my planted tanks. They're well built and dependable heaters.I have a 2.5 gallon Aqueon and 10 gallon tank with betta's and live plants.The lights let me know whether the heater is on or off so I can tell at a glance all is well.I check my tanks all thru out the day for any problems that might arise.These are great aquarium heaters.A manilla envelope doesn't offer much protection while shipping but the box from the manufacturer is sturdy.
on April 12, 2017
This 100 watt heater is awesome! It has kept my 29 gal tank a constant 78 degrees since I put it in, and it looks good too.When I first plugged it in I couldn't see the green light because the rubber part for the suction cup was covering it up, but it was where it was shown on the box after I moved it.
BTW... I was at Walmart yesterday and the same heater was more than double the price! Highly recommend ordering here if you can wait a cpl days :)
review image