Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 18, 2017
I've used many other Tetra products and never had issues, so not sure how to rate this but trying to be fair. The manufacturer says it is not harmful to the fish but the day after using it during a water change I had 1 Chinese algie eater die and the other fish haven't eaten since. They are all gathered at the top of the tank looking like they can't breathe. All of the fish in that tank are large, the one mentioned and three 8 inch Oscars. I used it in 2 other tanks with much smaller fish and they seem OK. This tanks is however the only one with some sunlight and has a large piece of drift wood in it with a little white algie growing on it. It seems to also be leaving a film on the glass that the other tanks don't have. I'm not sure if the combination is creating a toxic environment or not, and its hard to kill an Oscar, but something ain't right.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2016
This product is amazing. Keep in mind, it DOES NOT replace water changes. I do a 25% water change on both tanks weekly. This product maintains both PH and Nitrate levels perfectly. It strengthens the aquarium water's natural PH barrier, which is crucial to the health of your fish. It also reduces the Nitrate levels very effectively, which not only improves the health of your fish, it reduces the chance of an algae outbreak. I have been using this product on both of my tanks for the last 6 months. I use it every other water change.
on December 11, 2015
I am not so sure I like this stuff. It gives the whole tank a yellow haze and the tank doesn't seem to stay clean. I am not sure this is the right item we need. The product did ship on time and arrived as expected though.
on June 27, 2016
Have used this stuff for years and I really like it. I don't have to worry about chlorine in the water since our water comes from the creek but I think it really helps the fish in other ways. I noticed a difference soon after I started using it and have continued using it since then. One really big advantage is I only have to do a water change about twice a year now instead of 4 times a year. Love that part. My neighbor, who does have to worry about chlorine, uses it as well after I recommended it to her and she also noticed a difference in her fish. Great product.
on August 18, 2016
Great product and even better size! I have a rather large tank and the small bottles they sell at the pet store just don't last. This bottle saves me time and money by not having to run to the store every month to get more.
on October 13, 2017
I love this product. It reduces the amount of products needed to help keep my tank and fish healthy. Multi-purpose products like this save me time and money. I have healthy fish and my tanks are very easy to maintain, which makes my hobby enjoyable. I spend time enjoying my fish tanks rather than trying to manage issues with them.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 22, 2016
Works well enough, but for some reason there are chunks in it. I shake, shake, and shake, but still chunky. The fish mistake it for food and dive for it.
on March 16, 2017
You can count on Tetra products to be quality. I use this every week on my 5 gallon tank. I mix it with some water from the tank and ad it slowly. And the price is only a few dollars more than the 6 oz. size in the store.
on April 30, 2016
Comes out very globby, even after shaking before use. Seems to congeil into globs in my tank and dosent really disolve all the way, i have to break up the globs with fishnet. I have tried it in 2 diffrent tanks same results. Cant really comment much on how it works as only used a few times didnt seem to do much when i did.
on March 16, 2016
I got this because I didn't trust the last one I bought. I felt it wasn't doing a great job...
Since I went with Tetra this time, I decided to just focus on this brand for all my needs.
Seems to be good so far.