Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Tetra 20 Gallon Complete Aquarium Kit w/ filter heater LED & plants
- Tetra Glass Aquariums are made in the USA and are built to last with scratch resistant glass
- The Tetra Aquarium comes loaded with an LED hood, that provides a natural daytime effect and a Whisper Filter that is whisper quiet while providing powerful, dependable water flow
- Artificial Plants add a unique, natural ocean feel while giving your fish a place to hide which reduces fish stress
- The Tetra Kit includes: one 20 Gallon Glass Aquarium, one LED hood, one Tetra Mini UL Heater, one Tetra Whisper 20 Filter, one artificial Boxwood Plant Mat, four artificial plants. Add gravel and fish to complete your aquarium
- Aquarium Dimensions: 24.2" L x 12.4" W x 16.7" H
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Aquariums shown contain rocks and gravel not included in kit
Need Advice? Contact TetraCare online.
Tetra 20 Gallon Kit
All you'll need is fish, gravel and care items!
Starting an aquarium can seem like a daunting task. With so much decor to choose from, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. You will need the proper equipment, food, conditioners and not to mention the proper decorations to match your own personal style. With this sometimes overwhelming list in mind, the Tetra Team has created three unique kits that will jump start your aquarium!
The Tetra LED kit is modeled after a traditional aquarium. This aquarium is perfect for an avid aquarist or someone looking to break into the hobby. The Tetra Twenty Gallon kit is a great mix of utility and beauty. The Tetra Kit Includes: one 20 Gallon Glass Aquarium, one LED hood, one Tetra 100w Heater, one Tetra Whisper 20 Filter, one artificial Boxwood Plant Mat and two artificial plant multipacks.
- Available on Amazon
Tetra 20 Gallon Glass Aquarium
Tetra) Glass Aquarium is built to last with scratch resistant glass. Made in the USA with a lifetime warranty. The Tetra Aquarium comes loaded with an LED hood, that provides a natural daytime effect. The Tetra 20 Gallon Glass Aquarium also comes with the Tetra HT 20 Heater, providing a reliable heat to keep your fish happy and healthy. The Tetra 20 gallon aquarium also comes with AquaSafe Sachet, TetraMin Sachet, TetraCare Brochure, Digital Thermometer, 37 inch Frame Hinge, Adapter, 4 inch Fish Net.
20 gallon Tank
Tetra LED Hood
To prepare for setup, rinse your gravel and décor with water, do not use soap or chemicals.
Find a flat place, preferably on a manufactured aquarium stand (for warranty purposes), where there are limited light and heat sources.
Add gravel, creating an upward slant to add depth.
|Tetra Whisper Bio Bag||Tetra SafeStart Plus||Tetra Color Tropical Flakes||Tetra EasyBalance PLUS Water Conditioner||Tetra AquaSafe Plus|
|Be prepared for you new aquarium!||Keep water crystal clear||Concentrated aquarium bacteria||Natural Color Enhancer||Makes tap water safe for fish||Use weekly in between water changes|
|Don't forget these important maintenance items!||Removes odors and discoloration||Reduces ammonia and nitrite||Nutritionally balanced||Helps regulate ideal pH||Works in seconds|
|Tetra has everything you need for a successful aquarium experience||Fully assembled, ready to use||Use when adding new fish||Clean and clear water formula||Use weekly in between water changes||Use monthly and during water changes|
The Tetra 20 Gallon Aquarium kit is just what you need to dive in to starting a new tank. The Tetra 20 Gallon Kit is perfect for the aquarist looking for a traditional aquarium with natural scenery or someone looking to break into this exciting hobby! A 20 gallon tank is an ideal size to comfortably contain multiple fish while not taking up too much space in your home. The team at Tetra has designed an aquarium kit which takes all the guesswork out of setting up an aquarium. Each of these kits includes a 20 Gallon Glass Aquarium, one LED hood, one Tetra 100 Watt heater, one Tetra Whisper 20 filter, one artificial Boxwood Plant Mat, and 2 artificial plant multipacks to add color and shelter for your fish. Have peace of mind knowing that these Tetra products are built to last. Every aquarium comes with TetreCare experts to guide you through this exciting process.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First, let's go over what is included:
- The fish tank. Nice size, not too small or too big.
- A water heater with fixed temperature.
- A thermometer that sticks in the OUTSIDE of the tank. Not the greatest one, but it does the job.
- A filter with one filter bag (you will need to replace this one monthly). Very quite once setup correctly
- Decorative plants. Most of them are quite fake-looking and ugly, and we probably will replace then. The exception is the anemone, which is really cute.
- Some small flakes that will be enough to feed your fishes for a few days.
- One Tetra Safe Start dosage, used to make the tap water safe for the fishes.
- A net to fish the fishes out of the tank
- ColorFusion lights (in my kit). Very cool. You have to long-press the button to turn them off, then when you plug them again you need to press the button to turn them on (so I cannot use a timer in the plug). The button switches between rotating colors or "pause" in one color. So if you want to change to a specific color, you need to set it into rotate mode, and then pause on the color you want.
NOTE: I was really confused since the instructions seemed to indicate that some "regular" lights were included in addition to the ColorFusion lights. That is not the case: if you get the ColorFusion kit, those are the only lights you get.
Ok, now let's go to what else is not included, and you will need to get started with the aquarium:
- Gravel. I bought four packages of this one: Glofish Aquarium Gravel, Black with Fluorescent Highlights, 5-Pound Bag, for a total of 20 pounds, and I found it enough. Some websites recommended 30 pounds, it depends on how many inches you want. The gravel is needed so the beneficial bacteria can live on it, so do not skip buying this! Also, I found local pet stores carry this cheaper than Amazon, probably due to the weight of the item
- Fishes. I personally liked the idea of getting some GloFish, although I know some people do not like the idea of genetically modified. If you also get GloFish, try to get at least 5 so they can make a "school".
Then, there are several things you will need to buy within 1-2 weeks of getting the aquarium:
- Fish food. You will need to get some additional tropical flakes once you run out of the initial food.
- Water conditioner. After a while, you will need to start making water changes. The new water needs to be made safe for the fishes. I got this conditioner: Tetra 16213 AquaSafe Plus Water Conditioner, 16.90-Ounce, 500-Ml for my aquarium.
- More decorations. You will quickly realize that the included decorations are not enough. We bought some clams, coral and long plants to give the fishes more places to hide and explore
- Water testing strips or kit. You will need this to test the quality of the water, unless you bring it to a shop to do it. I personally got a kit (API Freshwater Master Test Kit), but if you prefer "quick and simple", some testing strips might be better
Some last tips from beginner to beginner:
- Make sure to flush everything you put in the tank (gravel, decorations) to avoid dirt or harmful chemicals entering the tank
- Do not overfeed. This seems to be a really bad thing. Based on my internet reads, determining the right amount of food seems to be more art than science. Right now I am doing 3 flakes per fish, twice a day, which seems to work ok
- After a few days, the water became a little milky. I was told this is ok, and it is due to the beneficial bacteria working on the fresh water, and also because I put too many fishes at first. It should clear by itself. After another two weeks, I see the color becoming better (less milky).
Overall, this gift has been a blast, and both my wife and my kid LOVE it. You can see a picture of how it looks today, and hopefully for a while longer!
This tank comes with....
- A pump and filter. It is quiet other than the water movement, which is actually quite relaxing. You need to change this monthly from what I understand. It has a low and hi setting.
- A heater. It is not adjustable but seems to be holding the temp just fine for our Tropical GloFish.
- A Color Fusion light. It cycles through the colors, you can press the button to halt in on a color if you wish. There is not an off button, so if you want the light off at night you will need to either unplug it or put it on a timer.
So if you are counting that is 3 outlet openings that you will need and you should probably have this going to a ground fault outlet, which we did.
- Comes with a few Color Fusion decorations and a really nice sea anemone decoration.
-A net, a little packet of water conditioner, and a small packet of fish food.
-A Thermometer - ours was missing this, but the company was really helpful in getting that resolved.
What you will need to get:
- You will need to get some more decorations for sure. No gravel comes in the kit. I bought a total of 34 lbs of gravel, All black for the base and then 2 - 2lbs of color glo gravel, and 2 small bags of gem rocks.
- More fish food and water conditioner
- A gravel vacuum
- A background for the tank. I used black Cricut Vinyl.
- The FISH :)