Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 4, 2015
My Reef's keep falling apart (after one year), it is always the left foot strap that breaks. Thought I would give these a try.
When I received them, I compared them to a set of Reef's the Teva's size 11 are 3/8" longer than the Reef's which is good.
Will update after I have used these for awhile.
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 3, 2017
Well, I ordered these when the *original* Mush version was no longer available. I wrote to the manufacturer and asked why I couldn't find the original version anywhere anymore, and they replied, "The mush has been discontinued recently. However, our product team is looking into what made the Mush so great." I was tempted to reply, "If it wasn't broken, don't try to fix it." The newer version is thinner, harder, and probably won't last as long. They're undoubtedly just looking to cut corners with a cheaper product. Personally, I'd rather pay $10 more to get a better shoe that has always prevented my chronic foot and heel pain. I'm attaching a photo that compares the original and the newer version so you can see the difference. Even after several months of wear, the original on the left is *still* thicker and softer than the newer version. Bring back the original version, Teva!
review image
on November 5, 2016
I'm going to start this review by clarifying that I have a lean, narrow foot. I have a C toe and a B heel. So this review is biased towards a narrow foot. That being said, I have tried about twenty different sandals to find a couple that fit reasonably snug. So for comparison purposes this may be a useful guide for people. My preferences are light weight, comfortable, with a heel strike that has some padding. I also like moderate arch support. I don't want a lot of flop in my flip. I don't want a negative heel. I'm going to list the sandals I've tried, and give a brief comparison, which should be helpful to everyone. I'll start with this one:

Teva Mush ll - (9) These are by far the lightest of the bunch, weighing in at a mere 92g each. They're also comfortable with a fairly narrow footbed and a snug thong. So, yes, I love these. And at $25 they are a bargain, even though they won't last as long as some of the more expensive sandals here. The middle of the heel-strike is a little harder than the surrounding area and some people have complained about it, but I haven't been bothered by it in the short periods of time I've spent in them.

Reef Mens Leather Fanning ll - (9 Mens) These are the heaviest of all the sandals I've tried, weighing in at 219 grams each. The footbed is comfortable but more firm than some of the others. Nice looking. They have an average fit, (fairly snug), but they were a little lose on me. I think these would last a long time. Unlike with the Reef Draftsman, I did not feel the bottle opener under my arch. Comfortable, but expensive and heavy.

Reef Leather Slap ll - (Mens 9) Oddly, this sandal was a full size shorter than any other Reefs I tried, (A full 1/2 inch), so order up. They weighed in at 205 grams each, making them the second heaviest in this comparison. Had they been the same size as the Fanning ll's they would have been the heaviest. Average fit. These are one of the most comfortable sandals in this line-up. Very cushy heel.

Reef Phantom LE - (Mens 9) This leather sandal is much lighter, weighing in at 142g. Somewhat more snug fitting than average. Very comfortable and attractive. Reasonably priced. This pair was a keeper for me.

Reef Phantom Prints - (9) Weighing in at 113g, these were the second lightest sandal of the bunch. Snug fitting and comfortable, these are my personal favorites. Reasonably soft heel-strike with an average width footbed and just the right amount of arch support. They won't likely last as long as some of the heavier sandals, but they can be had for half the cost. I've seen them for $20 on up, depending on color and size.

Reef Phantoms - (Mens 10) These synthetic sandals seem to be made elsewhere from the other two Phantoms listed above. The fit is much different. They are wider in the footbed and sloppy fitting. These are made for a wide foot. Again, they are fairly light, weighing in at 134g, and I got these a full size up from the other two because everyone said they ran small. I think they run just a half size smaller.

Reef Draftsman - (9) This is a leather sandal with no additional heel support. It also has a bottle opener on the bottom. Nice looking, fairly snug fitting, and fairly light, (About 156g) but this sandal has an issue. As others have indicated, you can feel the bottle opener under your arch. I don't think anyone would be comfortable in these for long. I sent these back.

Reef Crew - (9) This leather sandal is fairly light at 138g each. They have a slender footbed and a somewhat snug fit. I like that, however, there is no additional heel support and they run as high as $60.

Reef Twinpin - (9) These basic synthetic leather sandals are fairly light at 137g each, and they have a slender footbed, but the thong is very lose and has no additional heel-strike.

Sanuk Fraid So - (10) These sandals weighed in at a modest 139g each and were really comfortable and attractive. I loved this sandal. Unfortunately, they have a very wide footbed and a very lose fitting thong. Yep, fraid so. But if you have fat feet, you'll love these.

Sanuk M Fraid - (9) These leather/poly sandals weighed in at 175g each, making them one of the heavier sandals here. They have a slender footbed, (A full half inch thinner than the Fraid So), but with a sloppy thong.

Sanuk Beer Cozy - (9) This fabric sandal has a wide footbed and a sloppy thong, but weighed in at a respectable 134g each. These have a very cushy, comfortable footbed. People rave about how comfortable they are. But you need to have fat or wide feet. Dang!

Teva Men's Classic - (9) This is a very basic, uninspired sandal with a ruff, heavily textured, old school footbed. Perfect for some people, but I found them uncomfortable. It's light, but not as light as the Mush ll's. The thong was more loose than the Mush ll and it runs a little more money.

Teva Mush ll (Canvas) (9) I listed these as well because the canvas thong fits more loosely than the regular Mush ll's and weighed a little more. Other than that they have the same footbed.
on June 28, 2016
Poor quality! My husband got about a week out of these brand new flips. After about 3 days they were cupping in the heel and the sole was showing wear. He stopped wearing them after a week telling me they were so flat he couldn't wear them. This is the second pair that have done this... He is tall and slim and should not wear out a pair of "good" sandals in 1 week. Just to compare I am still wearing the same Mush sandals from 4 summers ago.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 1, 2015
I cannot get the old usa made reefs that had super thick sole anymore, so I tried these. only a few issues. Order 1 size larger. and the tag is INSIDE the shoe area where you foot goes, and it SHOULD be on the outside of the strap. As any flip flop shoe there were tight at first but now they are quite comfortable. and the heel has not colapsed too much after 2 months or so. I would buy again. Though the shipping speed drops a 5 to a 4.
on August 24, 2017
My second pair of these Teva flip-flops. They're the lightest flip-flops I've ever worn, and in San Diego you wear a lot of sandals. I pack these featherweight goodies when I go travelling as a second pair of "shoes." My last pair lasted a couple years and I expect the same from these. Highly recommended!
on August 2, 2017
I'm 6"7 and 240lbs. Been wearing these for a couple weeks when I go out to the beach every night. Yes if you are heavy enough you can flatten these I'm sure. So far these have been great to me. They have not gone flat and I think they are a great value
on September 26, 2017
Nice, simple flip flops. They're very comfortable because they're nice and soft. On the downside, they will compress and "pancake" after a while so they'll need to be replaced periodically. But they're not too expensive so that's OK.
on June 3, 2017
These flip flops are very comfortable, but from the moment I put them on they squeaked loudly and noticeably with every step. I was walking through A store and it sounded like I was stepping on guinea pigs. So that is kind of a bummer.
on August 17, 2016
I wore these daily all summer! The smoosh is still there and so is the tread. I just toss em in the washing machine every once in a while to keep them fresh. Strap is strong too!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.