Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,947 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,023 reviews
on May 27, 2015
First time Flip Flop owner. Not my thing really, but after a winter of tracking mud into the house, I needed some house shoes. Wife has an original Mush pair that has to be over 10 years old. These are a little different compound but still comfortable. I expect them to form fit as hers has. They do run small from a standard shoe. I'd say about a half size. I'm a solid 10 in lots of shoes but the 11's fit (no half sizes) better for the way I walk. I've noticed lots of fit styles in flip flops from super big to exact foot size. Perhaps it's personal preference; the 10's "fit", but because there's no side support, my foot often slid off the side when walking. With the 11, there's more coverage and feels more comfortable. Only about .25" more behind the heel, but greater width. I think the debate of fit is more foot width and expectations. I think a size up is warranted though for expecting a common fit. Will they last 10 years? I don't see why not. Will I become a flip flop convert? We'll see.
review image
on June 29, 2014
These are hands down the most comfortable flip flops I have ever had. I just bought my second pair. They have a great selection of colors and designs and the prices on Amazon are unbeatable.

Many other reviewers have complained about the plastic logo marker inlaid in the heel footbed. Although I do think this is not the most ideal place for this logo I don't think it takes anything away from the comfort aspect and I don't even notice it. Be aware that the footbed will conform to your foot quite well, but this does take away some of the comfort when the foam gets crushed down. That's the reason I bought a second pair.

These are great for camping and traveling as they are super light compared to other brands. You can always catch me with these in my backpack on the trail or stuffed in my carry on somewhere. I don't travel without my Tevas. I was very interested in Chacos as a second alternative to these that may be a heavier duty outdoor option, but after looking at them I just couldn't get past the weight of Chacos when compared to the Tevas. The Chacos felt like a brick on my feet where the Tevas are literally like a feather and you don't even notice you're wearing them. Also an advantage for lightweight traveling and backpacking.

If you're looking for a quality, lightweight, comfortable footwear option I would not hesitate to pick these up. I think you will be very pleased with all aspects of this simple piece of footwear.

Don't leave home without them!
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2017
I buy a new pair of Mush II's every year. They always fit perfect, maybe a tad on the snug size, which is great for daily wear. Only complaints I could think of is each year Teva changes their color schemes so I can never stick to the ones I like, and they wear out fast. You need new ones each year. Still the most comfy sandals I can find. They fit perfect, are very light, and are very soft. Beware they may be too soft in large gravel or thick sticks. They pierce easily on sharp objects. Again they are a daily comfort sandal, not a sport trek sandal.
on November 5, 2016
I'm going to start this review by clarifying that I have a lean, narrow foot. I have a C toe and a B heel. So this review is biased towards a narrow foot. That being said, I have tried about twenty different sandals to find a couple that fit reasonably snug. So for comparison purposes this may be a useful guide for people. My preferences are light weight, comfortable, with a heel strike that has some padding. I also like moderate arch support. I don't want a lot of flop in my flip. I don't want a negative heel. I'm going to list the sandals I've tried, and give a brief comparison, which should be helpful to everyone. I'll start with this one:

Teva Mush ll - (9) These are by far the lightest of the bunch, weighing in at a mere 92g each. They're also comfortable with a fairly narrow footbed and a snug thong. So, yes, I love these. And at $25 they are a bargain, even though they won't last as long as some of the more expensive sandals here. The middle of the heel-strike is a little harder than the surrounding area and some people have complained about it, but I haven't been bothered by it in the short periods of time I've spent in them.

Reef Mens Leather Fanning ll - (9 Mens) These are the heaviest of all the sandals I've tried, weighing in at 219 grams each. The footbed is comfortable but more firm than some of the others. Nice looking. They have an average fit, (fairly snug), but they were a little lose on me. I think these would last a long time. Unlike with the Reef Draftsman, I did not feel the bottle opener under my arch. Comfortable, but expensive and heavy.

Reef Leather Slap ll - (Mens 9) Oddly, this sandal was a full size shorter than any other Reefs I tried, (A full 1/2 inch), so order up. They weighed in at 205 grams each, making them the second heaviest in this comparison. Had they been the same size as the Fanning ll's they would have been the heaviest. Average fit. These are one of the most comfortable sandals in this line-up. Very cushy heel.

Reef Phantom LE - (Mens 9) This leather sandal is much lighter, weighing in at 142g. Somewhat more snug fitting than average. Very comfortable and attractive. Reasonably priced. This pair was a keeper for me.

Reef Phantom Prints - (9) Weighing in at 113g, these were the second lightest sandal of the bunch. Snug fitting and comfortable, these are my personal favorites. Reasonably soft heel-strike with an average width footbed and just the right amount of arch support. They won't likely last as long as some of the heavier sandals, but they can be had for half the cost. I've seen them for $20 on up, depending on color and size.

Reef Phantoms - (Mens 10) These synthetic sandals seem to be made elsewhere from the other two Phantoms listed above. The fit is much different. They are wider in the footbed and sloppy fitting. These are made for a wide foot. Again, they are fairly light, weighing in at 134g, and I got these a full size up from the other two because everyone said they ran small. I think they run just a half size smaller.

Reef Draftsman - (9) This is a leather sandal with no additional heel support. It also has a bottle opener on the bottom. Nice looking, fairly snug fitting, and fairly light, (About 156g) but this sandal has an issue. As others have indicated, you can feel the bottle opener under your arch. I don't think anyone would be comfortable in these for long. I sent these back.

Reef Crew - (9) This leather sandal is fairly light at 138g each. They have a slender footbed and a somewhat snug fit. I like that, however, there is no additional heel support and they run as high as $60.

Reef Twinpin - (9) These basic synthetic leather sandals are fairly light at 137g each, and they have a slender footbed, but the thong is very lose and has no additional heel-strike.

Sanuk Fraid So - (10) These sandals weighed in at a modest 139g each and were really comfortable and attractive. I loved this sandal. Unfortunately, they have a very wide footbed and a very lose fitting thong. Yep, fraid so. But if you have fat feet, you'll love these.

Sanuk M Fraid - (9) These leather/poly sandals weighed in at 175g each, making them one of the heavier sandals here. They have a slender footbed, (A full half inch thinner than the Fraid So), but with a sloppy thong.

Sanuk Beer Cozy - (9) This fabric sandal has a wide footbed and a sloppy thong, but weighed in at a respectable 134g each. These have a very cushy, comfortable footbed. People rave about how comfortable they are. But you need to have fat or wide feet. Dang!

Teva Men's Classic - (9) This is a very basic, uninspired sandal with a ruff, heavily textured, old school footbed. Perfect for some people, but I found them uncomfortable. It's light, but not as light as the Mush ll's. The thong was more loose than the Mush ll and it runs a little more money.

Teva Mush ll (Canvas) (9) I listed these as well because the canvas thong fits more loosely than the regular Mush ll's and weighed a little more. Other than that they have the same footbed.
on May 17, 2017
Very comfy. Fits nice, and I love that squishy feel to a flip flop. They have the form fitted and other kinds, but to me, that squishy feel that comes with the black-base flip flop has the right feel for summer. Cleans easy, fairly durable.

I got an 8 and I"m an 8, and it fits nice a snug. These hold on my feet well. It's nice to get a pair a flip-flops that stay on and don't go flying away. Order your shoe size exactly, these will fit like a glove.

I normally have wide/thick feet, so sometimes order an 8.5. I ordered an 8, because I figured the wideness didn't matter too much on a flip flop. Very snug, but still fits well. Love 'em.
on December 16, 2015
Excellent product. I've worn dozens of flip/flops over the years as have most folks. They come & go so often it is easy to lose track of which ones were good and which were not. Unlikely, after wearing these babies, you will ever forget again. The pad is cushioned well enough that your foot never experiences fatigue. The strap is well anchored and will not tear apart under reasonable duress. In short, they are very comfortable, all the time. Very solid, durable, and the quality is apparent. I wear these exclusively all summer, 24/7. I recently had one pair that lasted two seasons, which is pretty remarkable if you live in them during the summer months. Highly recommend.
on December 20, 2016
I grew up in Japan, raised in zori. I now run a small dairy at 8000 ft in the Rockies of northern New Mexico. I have worn these zori all year round except in the snow and they have lasted me until I wear holes thru the soles. I think this will be the fourth year and my fourth pair. I have been very happy with them until the last pair. This time the left one was sewn with the metatarsal straps the wrong lengths so my heel is on the ground when I wear them. Very disappointed. I really don't want to experiment with other brands, and am afraid to order these again. I don't have time to deal with these guys. If they read this and want to replace them they know how to find me. I'll be happy to let you all know. handmilking.com
on June 9, 2016
My second pair. I got about 9 months on the last pair. They don't actually seem to wear down they just compress until they're too thin but the tread and straps are still intact. I wear them in the house and outside as well and they are the only things on my feet besides nothing and a pair of Merrel hiking shoes. They look good and feel good and I will buy them as long as they make them at this quality. Our cat likes to lay on them when they're not on my feet and he chooses his pillows carefully.

Update: Just took in another pair. I flatten out two pair of these a year because I'm big and tall and used to wearing out cloths and shoes. These newer versions don't have the logo insert embedded in the heel. The reason this is important to me is because when these start to thin out, that logo insert was hard and would give me heel bruises. Apparently not anymore so I'm looking forward to that. Overall still a nice flip flop.
VINE VOICEon October 9, 2014
I generally think of flip-flops as only slightly better than taping a piece of cardboard to my feet. They are an expedient way to avoid getting a pinecone embedded in my foot on the recycle bin, but that's it.

These Tevas, however, are a wonderful exception. Not only do they have a sturdy sole suitable for a much more rugged, outdoor shoe, they are astonishingly comfortable and extremely well-padded. I can comfortably wear them for much longer periods of time than I would typically expect to have a pair of flip-flops on. (Aspirations to Key West living aside, I'm not Jimmy Buffet.)

If you're just looking for a disposable pair of shower shoes, I'm sure you can find a less-expensive alternative. If you want flip-flops that are also quality, comfortable footwear, these are the ones.
on July 20, 2016
I wish I had read G. Andersons review from 2011... there is a hard rubber "mush" logo right in the center of the heel area that feels like a small pebble. It never flattens out or softens over time and is the most distinctively irritating footwear feature I have ever experienced. I got my first pair of mush flops for a friend's wedding in 2005 and since I work from home I never take them off. Until this purchase, I replaced my mush sandals once a year give or take.

I tried to make these work for about six months but I can't stand it any longer. I'mean trashing these and returning to the original mush.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.