Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Camila Cabello All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on March 16, 2011
How disappointing!! I guess some other company has been contracted to make these now!! They are made of a different material than the old Tevas, of a much cheaper quality I am sorry to report. Not what I expected from Teva!!!! The size is tremedously different. I have always worn an 8 in Teva women's the 8's I received were like a narrow 7 and 1/2. I am not sure I could wear an 8 and 1/2 because they are less wide now. I put the bottoms of my older tevas up to the new ones, I just knew they had sent the wrong size. NO!! Great if your feet are narrow I guess. I wear a B width. What a bummer!!!!
77 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
...cause I see no reason why they tried to fix it!

If you are familiar with the old Mush Tevas, and you are used to their sizing, be aware that the 2011 Mushes are narrower and smaller.

This has been confirmed in numerous Amazon and in-person reviews of the Mush style, in addition to observing the differences by looking at the photos posted in these listings, as well as in my own in-hand/on-foot experience.

The old Mush sandals were wider and had a more "squared" footbed. The new Mushes are narrower, with a more contoured footbed. Look at and compare the photos of the undersides of these shoes for comparison: this Mush Print, the Mush Adapto, and the Mush II, versus last year's Mush - besides the difference in the sole, you can tell it's the old model because most of the colors are sold out :(

If you own Mushes already, heed this caution: I purchased this year's Mush and was dismayed to find that my usual size does not fit and I believe a larger size will not remedy this, as there is much more toe real estate than before and a larger size will probably increase this, leaving a lot of empty space at the top of the shoe, which looks bad.

If you are new to Mush, know that for me, they have historically been an extremely comfortable and durable shoe (I own over a dozen pairs). Try them out, if you have very narrow feet, this new model might allow you to enjoy my previous "fix".

UPDATE July 2011: After getting a tip from another reviewer, I called Teva about the new Mush style and was told that "a lot of people" had the same complaint and Spring 2012 will see the arrival of the "Original Mush". While I was on with them, I also requested new colors, including new sole colors. I have an old brown pair that are awesome and haven't seen that since. So, if you have a wider foot, or just liked the old Mushes, be on the lookout in "March or April" 2012 for the return of the "Original Mush"!

UPDATE2 Sept 2011: I called Teva again today, and was told by a super-friendly operator, that the Original Mush will return in Nov 2011! That's like 6-weeks away! Yay! I asked about new colors, etc. and she said new stuff usually comes out in the Spring, but to check the website, anyway. Woo-Hoo!

I rely on reviews here at Amazon to help me make informed buying choices. I hope this review has helped you in the same manner. If you voted this as helpful, I Thank You! :)
1515 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 3, 2013
I have purchased (and thoroughly LOVED!) ORIGINAL Teva flip flops from Amazon in years past for myself (and 2 adult daughters) in size 8 (I wear a size 7.5 wide). Never had a problem with fit from first wearing ... and they lasted about 2 years before cushioning thinned out enough for me to order new ones. The thingie between the toe was always comfortable, as were the straps, but the best part is the cushy feel and the mold-to-my-feet/arch/toes! Could wear all day long even to Six Flags and never tire. We have long hot weather seasons in TX, so I wear them for about 8-9 months out of the year. BUT .... when Teva changed to the Mush II, it was so hard to even find an Original Mush in my size, so I decided to try the Mush II despite the many warnings by customers. Recently received my order of size 8 (I knew 9 would be way too long)... the strap is not as wide, the thickness of the footbed is less (thought that would be insignificant, but makes the cushiness feel like its already been worn down a year). What's worse, the location of the toe strap is moved back? ... makes too much shoe show above my toes and the end of my heel hangs a little over the end of the shoe ... Very weird looking! The Return Policy states that the item must be in un-opened original wrapping. Well, how would one know the shoe fits weird unless its been unwrapped & tried on???. In my case, I've decided to attempt to push my foot towards the front of the shoe and walk on it until my personal "imbedding" happens and see if the straps may "give" just enough to fit right. Its been two slightly annoying days, and this plan will be suitable for me. BUT, I will NOT order another pair of Mush II's !!
on June 14, 2012
There are a lot of negative reviews about this flip flop because of a change Teva made. I have never owned a pair before now, so I am unbiased. I LOVE THESE FLIP FLOPS! I wear a women's size 12 and these fit true to size. They give just enough arch support and they have a large cushion. I think I found a new favorite pair of shoes. I wore them around the house to break them in the first day that I got them and I ended up wearing them for about 5 hours, not even realizing it. If you are on the fence because of the past reviews of how the sandals,"used to be," pay no attention. They're still awesome.
on July 11, 2012
I was nervous about buying these flip flops since I'd never owned Tevas before and hadn't tried them on beforehand. I was more confident after reading all the other reviews. I generally wear a 6.5 and have a normal/slim foot. I ordered 2 pairs of these in a 7 and they fit absolutely perfectly! They aren't too loose so my feet don't slide around all over and they aren't too tight that they irriate my feet or toes. They have just enough cushion so it doesn't feel like you're walking on a piece of cardboard. I would absolutely buy more of these and recommend them to others!
on October 17, 2013
The fit on these is really weird. The thong portion is placed and proportioned for someone with REALLY long toes and so there's like an inch of toe at the front that my foot doesn't reach, and yet my heel is falling off the back of the sole. The thong portion is also too tight for anyone who has a decent arch to their foot. To add insult to injury, the sole is just barely wide enough. Seriously disappointed.
on April 4, 2013
I was so excited to see the Amazon box on my porch today, only to find that Teva has done something weird with the sizing. I have worn these sandals for years and generally I am loyal to this brand because I know that no matter what shoe it is, I will love it. Then I put them on, and figured my foot had exploded over the winter or something, because they were too short and too narrow even ordering the size I always wear. I always read these reviews, but didn't figure that I had to with these. They are still comfy and the strap is supportive, but my heal hangs off the back and foot off the side. Bummer!!
on June 27, 2013
I bought these in my size and I find them way too long in the front. The soles seem lacking in firmness and support and I find the piece between the toe annoying. On the upside, I find them more attractive than anticipated.
on September 9, 2012
I got these shoes today. I normally wear size 8 in shoes and I have wide feet. Despite other reviewers saying this version was too narrow they fit me perfectly. I can't imagine them being extremely narrow on anyone really. I wear flip flops a lot but they always break because I move around a lot so I wanted flip flops that would last a while. I think I found some! The bottoms are rubber and sturdy, the straps are thick material on top and the foam seems sturdy as well. All this while still feeling weightless and cushioned and still looking feminine and cute!
on July 18, 2012
I have several pair of older Teva Mush Flip Flops with patterned straps so I was looking for plain black straps. I ordered these and was disappointed to find that the Mush II is no where near as comfortable as the older style. The sole does not conform to the shape of your foot as the older style does and the strap is not as soft. These are not bad flip flops but they are not what I expected from Teva. Not sure if I will invest in anymore unless they go back to the original.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.