Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 93 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 106 reviews
on January 24, 2012
I love, love, love these boots!!! I bought these boots online hoping to replace my worn out winter hikers. These boots are so comfortable I can walk for miles in the cold. I have used them in slush, heavy snow and very cold and they more then meet my needs. No break in time needed - they feel like mocassins when I am walking. My feet have never been cold in them - even in the -20C weather. So happy with them I am ordering another pair.
on January 28, 2012
When it comes to womens' clothing, it's cute but never practical. Especially footwear. I'm used to finding boots with five fake straps and buckles, a few zippers, or some sparkly doo-dads; all held together with cheap glue that offers little warmth, very cold toes and little support. In addition, most casual boots are clunky and made to wear over your pants. Since I have bird legs I am not too keen on wearing tight jeans to accomodate my footwear.
But with the Vero, you don't have to deal with either of these. I can wear these boots under my jeans or work pants and walk through the snow and sleet with no issue whatsoever. No cold feet or extra socks and no clunky walking - no "skinny jeans" neccessary. And if I want to be "girly" and wear a skirt, these boots look cute with that gig too.
on January 7, 2013
I bought these in Brown a year ago and pretty much lived in them during the colder months of the year.

I ordered the Dark Gull Grey since I needed something in the black/blue family and they're just as amazing.

They're comfortable enough to wear with ankle socks during April rain showers and warm enough to wear after skiing. Since they lace as well as tie, I can even wear them with my bulky ski socks with a quick readjustment of the laces. We got caught with a surprise snowfall today and I stood in 3 inches of snow helping clear windows from several cars, then came home to shovel my driveway and my feet are still toasty warm and dry. I don't know that I'd test them against a puddle but I've never had an issue with my feet getting wet.

The only downside I can find is that my new grey boots have a slight issue with the zipper sticking at the ankle but I think it's just a matter of breaking them in instead of a true design issue. After a week or so, it's already starting to improve. They also do not breathe well so be nice to your feet and give them a break rather than 18-hour marathons. :)
on February 5, 2013
These have kept me warm and dry in Anchorage's (relatively mild) winter so far. They are perfectly comfy for up to 4 hours of walking, which is the most I've done in them at this point. I haven't slipped yet on the ice and the traction is awesome on snow. I absolutely love the gull grey color.

I ordered a whole size up (8.5 instead of 7.5) as other reviewers suggested and am pleased I did. On colder days I can add thicker socks. I probably would have been fine with only a half size up but my regular size would definitely have been too small.

I have moderately thick calves and these boots work great for me. I adjusted the laces to work with my skinny jeans the first time I wore them and haven't had to adjust them since. The zipper works great, but make sure you wear socks that go high enough to cushion your ankle from the spot where the zipper pushes against it or you'll get uncomfortable fast.
on February 27, 2013
I was looking for a boot to replace some old Sorels, and I decided to spring for these Tevas. Living in Milwaukee, I basically have two main things I have to have in a winter boot: good grip and effective insulation. But to be honest, I was mainly sold on these boots by the look alone, and I just hoped they'd be functional too. The good news is, after wearing these boots almost daily for several months in the dead of a midwest winter, I can confirm they are winners.

I had a concern about the zipper and whether it would be too tight, but the boot is true to size (8) and has worn in perfectly. I even have room to tuck in my pant legs and zip up fine, but they're still snug with no tuck as well.

These boots do everything they need to do AND have bonuses: they're lightweight, slim, not bulky at all and easy to get on and off. I am also very happy with the height; no snow, ice or slush is getting inside. Overall, an excellent buy.
on November 24, 2012
In one of the reviews a young lady wrote that these boots are like "wearing moccasins". I could do a happy dance with her right now! Oh how COMFY they are. I originally bought the size 9 1/2...OOPS, too small. I pondered over getting the ten, HOWEVER, something prompted me to get the 10 1/5. I have NEVER in my life worn that size...let me elaborate before I go any further.
I have a long narrow foot, something like a double A and a half. I also have those long skinny toes (C'mon, you're out there, you DO exist). So, with the 9.5 my big toe was right at the end of the boot. A size 10 I might not have been able to wear a pair of thicker 'Wigwam' or any other brand of thicker sock. Sooo...I got the 10.5. Would you believe it fits JUST RIGHT? (too wide around my upper foot and ankle area. Mine are small and skinny)
Now, in other reviews I've read true to size, etc. Well ladies, I can only give you MY recommendation. Buy one size UP. I have other Teva products, i.e., sandals, mule shoes, but as I sit here right now wearing that size ten and a half, [like slippers] that's what I would recommend.
P.S. I got the dark dull grey as they were out of the larger size in my originalf purchase of the brown. The color is accurate both online and when you open the box.
Happy Shopping Ladies!
Rose
***UPDATE*** I have had a "booger of a time" with the zipper ~ in that, keeps catching on the small webbing at the bottom of the zipper. So...I cut it out. Didn't work. It's very stiff and hard to zip from the bottom. I have VERY thin ankles and have not been wearing thick and/or bunching socks.
Thought I would let you know.
on October 28, 2012
I love these boots. First off yes my calfs are big and they worked out just fine with me. You can adjust the fake laces to give or take the size of the calf area. I think this can go big and small because if that adjustment to fit almost everyone minus big extremes. They are light and warm but not hot like some boots can get. I wear thin socks all year round and bought the size I normally wear (7) and they fit very nicely even with my a bit wide foot. If your extremely wide like who wide more than a triple e then i dont think this is for you. They are a little less wide than adidas shoes which run pretty darn wide. I would say they are a standard - med width shoe. If you want more room in the width I wouldn't go beyond a double D foot width. ( these are estimates from what I remember my foot was a triple E). If you are going to wear thick socks which I dont feel are needed then I would go up half a size in your shoe size. Your supposed to do this with all shoes anyways. The boot could be improved for those with high arches or semi high arches by having more support for the arch. It doesnot have much support in that way for the arch but I think with one of those arch/foot supports from CVS it would be pretty great. ( the kind that maps your feet and picks out your type of support) I really like the zipper because although I'm 26 I'm very sick and in pain a lot so I need something that's easy to get on and off on my own. I also know each time they will fit perfectly with no worry about adjusting laces. Finally one of my favorite parts is how fashionable they are for warm boots! They are so cute! I have been looking at getting them for over a year and I'm so happy I got them. They look fantastic ( and fit under jeans) and will look great dressed up with a wool skirt etc and top for a winter evening out on the town. They feel like tennis shoes and I don't want to take them off. It's true you don't need to break them in- which I thought was bs from someone else but it gives me an excuse to wear them ;). It was very windy ( there is a hurriacain coming in) and I did not feel the wind at all in these light warm boots! Not even near the zipper. Teva isa great shoe brand and I've purchased many of their beach shoes before that lasted for many many years with hard core use some even all year round so I believe these boots from them will be similar. The tread on these boots are very nice. I feel safe in them. The boots will also easily accept ice anti-slip protectors( can't think of their name) to the sole of the shoe. I know the profile shot on here looks a bit weird but they look so good on. The only delema is which color???? Thats what took me so long in buying. Btw I looked at almost every womens boot under $300, and found that I liked this one the best for checking off the most things at once. Yeah the all leather ones are sexy but not as warm and once you scoff them your not so sexy and cold. I needed a cute boot that can take on the winter weather with me but was still kind to even my physical needs. I am again so happy how light the boots are as I'm very sensitive about that along with the zippers. I hope the zippers keep up in the coming years, if not i can have them replaced. This boot can be repaired ( I dont think I will need it from my Teva experience) easily unlike many rubber and leather boots.
on October 8, 2012
These have to be the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, and I have never even contemplated saying that before because my very high arched feet are hard to please. I sometimes do long walking tours living in Europe, after a day in comfortable tennis shoes, my feet still hurt... after wearing these all day, I felt like I had not been on my feet at all. They are SUPER light, I really thought it was weird how light they felt. They are warm, and the soles are tough/rugged, but not so harsh looking that you could still wear them to dinner or something. I have tiny calves (skinny) and they are a snug fit over leggings or skinny jeans, so if you have larger legs, maybe not the fit you would like. Have not tested the water-proofing yet but they are Tevas, so they will surely hold up. I bought these on the reputation of Teva and word of mouth from a friend, and I am not disappointed. Casual (not dressy) and air-light. GOOD BUY.
on October 1, 2013
For background information, I bought these boots because A) they met my technical requirements (waterproof, good traction, lightly lined, light weight, etc. B) they're not ugly, C) Teva boots don't cut into my achilles tendon or other ankle parts like other leather boots do, and D) they're on sale everywhere because Teva no longer makes these, as they are from the 2011-2012 season I believe.

Now for the fit:

I am a size 8.5 regularly, with a 15.5" calf size where these boots hit me (wides are nicer for me, but I usually can't find them, so I make do with leather and they stretch to fit my feet). I have teva leather boots in 8.5 (jade cove wedge), 9 (de la vina low), and 10.5 (these). IF you are planning on using full length orthotics (such as the superfeet green) instead of the factory insoles, plus a light liner sock AND a LIGHT weight hiking sock, get a half size up--they will stretch to fit perfectly.

I used my jade coves 8.5's in Moscow, Russia in winter (temps to -10 F), and my feet got cold because they were too tight for my midweight-plus-liner sock ensemble, plus a 3/4 arch support insole (the dr. scholl's tricomfort), and also I had no idea what those wool inserts were for (I'm from South Florida--I'm lucky I didn't die, lol). Your true size will accommodate comfortably the original sole, a 3/4 arch support, and a thicker liner sock (like an opaque dress sock, not like one of those super thin see through panty-hose like socks). OR you can do a full length green superfeet instead of the original sole, and the same sock routine mentioned above, or perhaps adding a light wool sock.

I got the Vero (in the gull grey color, which is awesome) in a 10.5 because I'm taking out the original insole and replacing it with 8mm wool felt insole under a green superfeet (or a montrail enduro-sole), and wearing a liner sock plus a midweight wool hiking sock--these are going to be my 'walk around in snow and ice and hang out for a while' boots. I also wanted my boot to be lace-ups plus zips so I can more easily tuck jeans in (the jade coves are zips only and I learned my lesson). I'm wearing them right now, and the width is snug around the big toe joints but will stretch, and it's snug enough around the arch of the foot to keep you from moving too far forward. I tried this sock and insole ensemble with a size 9 and it was awful. the nubuck is nice as well. A 10.5 is obviously a little long for my feet even with the socks; I have about an inch of space between my toes and the end of the boot.

I have also ordered these in a black 10, which is very cute, and I'd be comfortable wearing these to church, dressing them up a bit. These will comfortably accommodate a full length black montrail enduro-sole (the regular profile one), and a liner plue midweight hiking sock duo. The felt insole addition makes it somewhat uncomfortable, so I don't think I'll be putting one in this size. In the 10.5 I'm using a low profile montrail with the felt, and they're slowly conforming to my feet. :)

If you're going with teva boots, and you have sock/insole regimens that need to be observed, and a slightly wider foot, then size up definitely. :) True size boots are suitable for thin socks only.

Also, the gull color is so cute, that despite the extra length I may keep these and just stuff the toe, lol. I'll just make up a creative excuse for my husband.
on January 23, 2014
I had read many many customer reviews of this product, and when I decided to order them, found that they were out of stock everywhere in my size- 8.....figured that was a good sign and wanted them even more. I usually wear an 8, but with many reviews saying they run a little small, I ordered the 8-1/2 which were the only ones available. With a thicker sock they fit well. True to many reviews, they ARE really warm compared to anything else I've owned, and since my feet are always cold, this makes me very happy. Also true to many other reviews, the zipper is problematic around the ankle- seems to get stuck where the inside gusset adds a little extra fabric and bulk, but with everything else going for it, I'll manage the zipper and hope that it might stretch out a bit as it's worn. I think that for someone with big ankles and calves these would not work out.
I was so inspired that I searched high and wide for a size 8 for my 20 yr old daughter who lives in Boston and has to walk through the slushy cold. She's very fussy, and she loves them too...cute, comfortable and warm...so come on TEVA....get cranking!!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.