Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 9, 2011
The cook book is written by non-Texans, yet they have done a better than fair to middling job. Many authentic recipes and others (that are close enough) are in the book. Good tips along the way and some interesting stories are included. I believe one, while residing in the great state of Texas, could use this edition as his sole cook book. The book takes a tour of the state and the recipes are far ranging. I am a native Texan (in his 7th decade) who's parents and grandparents (going back to the time of the Republic of Texas) were native Texans - the food is familiar to me and the recipes ring true. I believe it is a worthy addition to the collection of those who cook, collect or want to explore some "comfort food" recipes that extend back to the days when Texas was a Republic as well as when it became a state emerging as one with fantastic destiny and vitality. Work hard, eat well and live long - the eyes of Texas are upon you.
on September 6, 2014
I had the original publication with this hard cover, as shown, and it was lost in a move. I reordered and received the paperback with the updated cover. I'm saddened that I didn't receive the hardcover edition with my order but at least I have the original format of design and recipes!
on July 20, 2015
there's nothing like BBQ.
on February 29, 2016
Great cookbook and fun to read!!! It's my "go to" for grits!!!
on December 13, 2013
I am a native Texas and this volume contains some of my favorite recipes. I am on my second print version and I've just purchased the Kindle version so I have it with me all the time. I have several cookbooks by Bill and Cheryl Alters Jamison and love them all.
on January 16, 2013
Since I moved from Texas in the late 70's I have bought several cookbooks trying to reclaim some of my childhood taste and dishes. this cookbook is a complete well written guide to Texas food and cooking and will be a staple in my home over all others .
on August 11, 2014
Good book for Smoking Meat.
on June 23, 2016
Lots of very good recipes in this book.
on August 18, 2016
Great cookbook........
on November 29, 2004
I can't believe there are used copies available! Why would anybody sell one after seeing and using it? I wasn't born in Texas but was made an "honorary native" by friends (complete with membership card!). I received this book as a gift after moving back to the midwest and I LOVE it! I now make the best chicken-fried steak this side of the Sabine River thanks to this cookbook. It not only has great recipes, it has invaluable tips and interesting comments on Texas culinary history and culture. The recipes are not fancy (meaning not "nouveau" or "fusion"), not laden with fillers. Just good food suitable for any night of the week.