Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Texas Instruments TI-89 Advanced Graphing Calculator" and save 89% off the $190.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $15.99 shipping
4 Year Office Products Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Texas Instruments TI-89 Advanced Graphing Calculator
|Price:||$191.03 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Over 500 KB memory for storing functions, programs, and data
- Pretty Print technology displays mathematical expressions as they appear in textbooks
- High-resolution display with split-screen views
- Computes symbolic solutions to differential equations
- Input/output port and cable, also supports optional TI-GRAPH LINK
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
TEXTI89TITANIUM - Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium Programmable Graphing Calculator
Texas Instrument Ti 89 Titanium Programmable Graphing Calculator
Texas Instruments Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator
Texas Instruments TI 89 Titanium Graphing Calculator With Guerrilla Military Grade Screen Protector Set (Certified Reconditioned)
Texas Instruments TI-86 Graphing Calculator
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$4.99|
|Sold By||Shoplet||joeproducts||DTX Electronics||Excellent Products Inc||Amazon.com||Jakes Bookstores|
|Color||Black||Gray||Black and Silver||Black||—||Black|
|Item Dimensions||7.3 x 3.5 x 1 in||2.3 x 7.6 x 10.8 in||2.3 x 7.6 x 10.8 in||2 x 7.6 x 10.8 in||13 x 2 x 10 in||7.3 x 3.5 x 1 in|
The product description for this item is for the TI-89 Titanium and describes features that are not included with the TI-89 Advanced. The TI-89 Advanced does not include a USB Port, but a basic 3.5mm I/O input.
Essential for AP Calculus, college math, and beyond, the TI-89 is the most logical handheld technology for advanced mathematics studies. Enhanced with Flash technology, this handheld gives you the flexibility to add calculator software applications and additional functionality, providing long-term value.
Built-in advanced mathematics software includes a Computer Algebra System (CAS) enabling you to manipulate mathematical expressions and functions (factor, solve, differentiate, integrate, and more). It also includes differential equations, 2-D graphing and data analysis, 3-D graphing with rotations, linear algebra, interactive numeric solver, constants, unit conversions, statistical regressions, and optional assembly language programming.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this original model TI-89 from a private seller here on Amazon for $45.49 including shipping, and while it really does have a few years on it, it barely looks a year old and is functionally like new. I could have gone to my nearest big box store and purchased a TI-89 Titanium for $155.13, including my local sales tax, and I would have wound up with very little additional functionality and a more gawdy and distracting outward appearance, and I don't think I'd like the curved keyboard. I could use my new/used TI-89 to divide 45.49 into 155.13 and see that I paid only 29.3% of what what I could have.
Other reviews suggest that the '89 can't do logarithms of negative numbers. That is because by default, the '89 limits itself to real number inputs and solutions. For that reason, the square root of -2 gives you the same error message. Do Mode -> Complex Format and change the setting from "Real" to "Rectangular," and you'll be fine.
My only caveat is that this is not a good calculator to use if your vision isn't good.
For students, be careful because not all testing centers will allow the TI-89 (or the TI-89 Titanium) on standardized tests. Check ahead of time to make sure you're not caught without a calculator!