Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver Edition Graphing Calculator, Silver
|Price:||$229.84 + $5.49 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Graphing calculator handles calculus, engineering, trigonometric, and financial functions
- USB on-the-go technology for file sharing with other calculators and connecting to PCs
- 21 apps preloaded
- Displays graphs and tables on split screen to trace graph while scrolling through table values
- Backed by 1-year warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Includes a USB Port and cable.|
|Split screen lets you view a graph and its equation at the same time.|
|The optional kickstand slide case is great for desktop work.|
|Optional color faceplates add flare.|
TI-84 Silver Plus Silver Edition, USB cable/TI connectivity cable, silver faceplate, full reference Guidebook and , warranty information; four AAA batteries not included, alkaline recommended; color faceplates not included
Top Customer Reviews
The first three are basically the same.
The TI-83+ is the budget model, but it will still do just about anything mathematical that the other two will do. It'll certainly be good enough for any class that recommends a TI-83+ or TI-84+.
- The one major feature it doesn't have is Pretty Print, which shows equations and expressions as they would be written on paper, not as you would type them into a computer. That is, the TI-83+ shows 1/2 instead of a vertical fraction, and shows 2^3 instead of using superscript for the exponent.
- This calculator also comes with a few less built in apps, but only power users will ever use them.
The TI-84+ and the TI-84+ Silver Edition are even more similar.
- The TI-84+ has more memory than the TI-83+ and the Silver Edition more than the regular TI-84+, but that won't matter unless you're putting games onto your calculator.
- These both have Pretty Print, which makes the math on the screen more readable, but this was an add on feature that wasn't present in these calculators for the first 6 or so years they existed. In my opinion, the screen doesn't have a high enough resolution for it to work well, and any wide equation will scroll off the screen, which is frustrating. The feature can probably be turned off though.Read more ›
Some nice improvements but a much better value to get the standard edition instead of the silver edition. Silver addition provides a few additional preloaded programs and is great if you are not price sensitive.
Retailers are very competitive with the standard edition and are not discounting the silver edition as heavily.
I wasn't price sensitive so I dropped some additional cash for a slightly better product.
Recommendation: If you want bang for the buck, stick with the standard edition. If price doesn't matter, the silver edition does the trick
Make sure to take advantage of the programming capabilities on the calculator! The language is easy to learn and programmed formulas and equations can save tons of time and memorization. My favorite and most used is the quadratic formula. If you don't feel like learning TI Basic (the programming language), there is a large online community of TI users who regularly post programs. These can be downloaded to the calculator easily with the included USB cable.
One not of frugality, the Silver Edition is nice but unnecessary and the regular TI-84 Plus has the same math capabilities. The only difference between the two are that the Silver Edition comes with a few extra built-in programs (like a puzzle pack) and it has interchangeable face plates. These can be nice perks but are not worth the extra money in my opinion. The programs can be downloaded and there is no need or occasion to change the face plate.
Overall, it is a great calculator I could not live without.
On the other hand, the calculator-computer interface is slow and the PC software is limited and poorly documented. One can transfer programs from the calculator to the computer or vice versa, but this capability is not documented in the user manual. I would like to be able to edit a calculator program on the computer, but it appears that this is not possible.
I also have one complaint with the programming environment-- There should be a "break" or "done" command to exit from a loop without using a goto.
Based on my current knowledge, I would rate this product at 4 stars rather than 3 (Amazon does not permit me to change this).
Dr. Phillip M. Feldman
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this with a pretty price. It looks cute with its blue case and it works amazming. So far, I like it really well and its function helps my Cal1&2 class a lot. Read morePublished 1 month ago by zoey
Good quality calculator. Just what I needed for my math classes over the summer!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer