Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 85 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
on October 18, 2011
The heroine, Cassie Roberts, was born in rural Texas and like most teens couldn't wait to escape to the big city. She did so with a boyfriend and from there things went downhill. When her father's health causes her to come back to Texas, she does so reluctantly. She gets involved with her parents' horse ranch and a trainer they hire. It is a rollercoaster ride ending at the Olympics in London.

This book started out with a great story line and I enjoyed it. Then about half way through, I was beyond hooked. My family has horses and we have all ridden competitively in horse shows like the ones described in this novel. Maybe I could relate to all of it so well. We are also a Christian family and believe that things happen in God's time and not ours. I can't remember when I have readed a book that made me laugh then cry (with sadness one minute and joy the next), or sit on the edge of my seat (like I used to do when my daughter competed in Reining, Western Pleasure and Cutting). This book has a healthy dose of equestrian, romance and Christian values. I highly recommend it.
on April 21, 2012
The story captures within the first few pages and gets you going where you can't put it down it makes you laugh, cry and smile all at once. I loved the Christian values of the story. My problem with this book and many books being published today are the many errors. Each time the word lunge or any form of it should have been used it was a form of long. There were a few others errors like this with other words, but lunge and it's other forms were the worst. Would I read this book again? Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes to both of those questions and I have read it more than once and I've recommended it. The only reason I even bring it up in this review is that I think the writer needs to know there are errors and she might want to bring in an extra set of eyes to catch these silly things. I read the review and I agree this story would make an awesome movie I thought that before I read the reviews and I already know that a sequel is coming and I greatly look forward to reading it.
on April 8, 2012
Knee deep in muddy slop with rain beating down on her, Cassie Roberts struggles to help a good mare deliver a foal. "God, if you haven't completely deserted me, now would be a great time to help!"

Cassie Roberts left rural East Texas for the allure and excitement of the city. She's come back home, older, wiser and a single mom, innocence lost after a series of catastrophically bad decisions. In a muddy ditch she prays for help to keep a young foal alive. But behind her whispered prayer is a plea for something she's not sure she deserves---a second chance. If Cassie gets a second chance, this time she's bound and determined to do it right.

Horse lover or not, this is a book you'll be glad you read. And when you're done with it, you'll likely pass it on to a friend you know who may be looking for a second chance. Or like me, you may just read it again. It's even better the second time around.
on November 19, 2011
Texas Rein is an absolutely perfect book for those horse lovers that also need some comedy and humor! This book is a page turner and will have you hooked instantly! Great descriptive words that paint pictures in your head and make you wish for a movie of a sequel!
on March 21, 2012
This is an uplifting story that follows the lives of a family, their horse and their aspirations of Olympic gold. Although a bit far fetched the story had me laughing and crying and totally engrossed.

If you enjoy horses and have some understanding of reining then I expect you'll find this more entertaining than those who don't. There are quite a few references to God, prayer and scripture but these are not excessive and add to the storyline; however if you find this offensive you may not enjoy the story.

I found this book to be well written and as a Quarter Horse owner and Christian I really enjoyed it!
on June 15, 2012
In 50 years of reading this is only the 2nd book I'll retain in my library for re-reading. It was a snapshot into my life. From the names and breeds of the horses to the family structure. I can't recommend this book highly enough for anyone who has spent their life around quarter horses or even loved them from afar. We've rescued these loving creatures. We've delivered their offspring. We've groomed them and loved them through hard times and good times. Both the 4 legged and the two! The author painted the Texas horse culture with brilliant colors. I laughed with the characters and shared their tears and triumph. What a wonderful read wandering down memory lane this was for me. Thank you, Ms.Boyette, you nailed it.
on July 2, 2013
Very Christian based book, heavy relying on prayer, faith and our heavenly father. Cassie did leave home @ an early age but she was blessed by having a son, Sam. They left Virginia Beach and came back to Texas when Cassie' s dad injured his back. This is where the story unfolded, Marvin knew this new colt, Splash, would makes WAVES, and he did. Cassie and Chase trained really hard in non pro shows, training hard for the reining Olympics. But who would've guessed, Marvin, age 70 won the Olympics. It was a good read, the beginning relationship between Cassie and Chase was a little slow and long, but other than that, the book was a good, sweet, christian based book. I would recommend this book to young readers, very rewarding.
on October 13, 2013
I loved this book so much! I have always loved watching reining shows, but I was always a western pleasure rider. I love how you defined it in your book! I'm a amateur and loved showing, but politics turned me against it. A pleasure horse is supposed to be level and the saying goes( you have to be able to ride a pleasure horse with a cup of hot coffee and not get burned). I got so turned off with all these horses who looked crippled with this new form of WP and placing ahead of my mare. It's horrible how they train these horses while sawing their mouths up! I could go on and on. Your story brought out the pleasure again!
on December 22, 2014
Loved the story, I had a hard time putting the book down, then was forced too because my battery died. It has believable characters and it was nice to have more to the story than just the main characters falling in love, in fact there was a time when you weren't sure they were even going to make it. Love how the story continues after the wedding, with the marriage being believable! I look forward to reading more books by thks author. Thank you for writing a beautiful story Becky!
on December 28, 2011
I really enjoyed this book. I nearly shied away from it because I don't usually like the trash and language in most romantic novels, not to mention the lack of real story line in most of them. However, the story line here stands on its own and it was amazing to read a romantic story which didn't involve explicit details of bed scenes. I was so disappointed to find that the author hasn't written a whole collection of these wonderful books. May God bless you for writing a novel Christians can read without blushing!!