Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Texsport Stainless Steel 16 Oz. Coffee Cup Mug
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Price:$6.87+ Free shipping (Addon item)

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 29, 2011
First, let me say that I own four of these cups. They are, by far, the only cup you will ever want or need for ANY kind of camping. Pure stainless steel, you can cook in them, drink from them, make coffee in them, eat stew from them...and rinse in 5-seconds, before you 'hand-dry' on the frame of your pack. Absolute 'K.I.S.S.' principle, in action. While sierra-style cups are 'novel', they just don't do what this cup can do, ever.

All that said, the only complaint I have ever had on these Texsport cups is...the wire handle could stand to extend another 3/4-inch further out from the cup...to make grabbing them off a gas stove a little easier on the hand. Even if you turn off the stove first, the handle was been cooking, just like the cup part...and it is hot. Shouldn't cost them another $0.50 to add that little bit more wire to the cup...but, then again, its already the best cup there is. Now, they are NOT double walled...so drink/eat fast, or it will get cold. It isn't insulated. It is just like a stainless steel cooking pot...actually, it IS a mini-stainless steel cooking pot...with room for one, maybe even two, to eat from; then rinse well, and use it for your water too. Mine look like they have been through several global wars, they are tarnished (from cook fire heat), scratched (as all stainless will do in rough environments), and dented (I am not gentle to camping gear). Don't punch a hole through them (with a power drill, or shooting them...about the only way you are going to get a hole in one) and they will SURELY last a lifetime. Best $5 you'll EVER spend on a rock-solid piece of camping gear, EVER.
on March 1, 2012
I needed a basic metal cup for me and my two boys for camping and hiking. These are great cups for the price. The size of it surprised me as it is just a little larger than a coffee cup, which is nice. You can easily put a packet of ramen noodles in it. The rolled edge at the top of the cup is rolled over the handle which goes all the way around the cup, which makes is nice and sturdy, unlike some handles which are just spot welded or tacked onto the cup. great for a survival or bug out bag as well. The cup itself is all one piece, no seams, so its actually a solid piece of metal pressed to form the shape, also unlike most cups in this price range.

Overall Im very please with this purchase.
on September 16, 2012
UPDATE: Tex Sport has shrunk the size of this mug. It won't fit a bodum french press, it holds exactly 16 oz which makes it difficult to use with prepackaged dehydrated food. I am dropping from 5 stars to 4 stars. Small change made a big difference.

Ive used this mug for years. It fits my Bodum french press stem. It weighs an oz more than the Snow Peak - Trek 700 Titanium Cook Set. With a 28oz can as a wind screen/pot stand (and a 28oz can lid as a mug lid). I can boil (14oz or so) in about 8min. Compare that to a Flash Personal Cooking System system.

This mug is the center piece/inspiration behind my solo backpacking cook system. I went ultra light back packing with this mug! (Solo backpacking cook system: Tex Sport steel mug, Trangia Spirit Alcohol Stove, mini bic lighter, 28oz can, hanger wire pot supports, 28oz can lid).

It's so reasonably priced compared to similar titanium items. The weight difference is marginal ($37 dollars for an extra 6oz capacity difference? I've never needed more than the 16oz of boiling water this 18oz cup can hold).

The mug also fits the top of the Bodum Chambord 4 cup French Press Coffee Maker, 17 oz, Chrome press. I depress the plunger. Give the stem a quick twist and the screen is just tight enough to stay in place as I drink my coffee.

This mug makes me so happy, its ridiculous. It is the best piece of camping gear I have ever owned.
review image review image review image
on August 10, 2015
I have tried other style camping cups...only to come back to this style. This is the only piece of mess kit I carry. It is my cup, my cooking pot, and my eating dish. I have tried 3 different styles of camping cups. Cups with small handles will burn you if you cook with them. Cups with folding handles fit nicely in your pack, but feel unstable. You can drink coffee with this cup. You can cook a meal in this cup and not get burned by the long handle. You could boil water in this cup. It weighs 134 grams, which you can only beat by spending a lot more on a titanium cup.

I just love it.
on March 4, 2016
No people, the handle doesn't fold. Nothing in the description or in the crystal clear photograph even comes close to suggesting that it does.

This is an essential piece of camping gear that is virtually indestructible and a joy to use. I love this mug.

Make sure you know what you are purchasing, if you want a mug with folding handles, buy a darn mug with folding handles. Don't buy a mug "hoping" it has a folding handle and then give it a bad review because you didn't receive what you "wished" for. As for packability, I've owned one of these for years, it has never once seen the inside of my pack, but stays lashed to the side where it's handy.
on July 7, 2012
Took this on a 2 week backpacking trip and it worked great. It was great to cook in and the handle is long enough if you bend it straight. Cooks well over camp stove and campfire. Very durable and easy to cook with. Will fit a pack of ramen noodles (broken in half) and cup retains heat well. My only issue is that I should've bought a slightly bigger one as a bit more capacity would've been nice. No problems at all.
on July 8, 2015
Mugs are good and you can put them straight on top of the camp stove - just be careful cleaning them as there are sharp edges under rim where the metal is folder over on top of the handle - managed to cut myself a number of times.

All in all - good buy for the price
on May 31, 2013
This is a little small, but I was looking for a basic stainless steel cup for our emergency packs. This will work fine for simple meals (instant oatmeal, half a serving of Ramen noodles, boiling a few grasshoppers, etc.), or for heating up drinking water.

It appears to be well-made.
on August 23, 2016
Perfect cup for camping/backpacking use, went on sale for about $5 or so.

Realistically, you can fill ~14oz. Allows to cook over a small stove, handle is far away so it's not overly hot, if so, a wet bandanna/buff will easily solve that problem.
on April 16, 2014
Quality OK per my liking not to thin material..
arrived when stated .
haven't used yet.perchance for camping .
time will tell ..the rough edges crimped over the handle wire..is to be noted... but OK by me nothing sharp or sticking up to cut myself on.
looks durable enough to hold its shape if stepped on or sat on...I'm rough with my stuff a couple of dents and dings and it will fit in with the rest of my stuff...and be useful to me for a long time.