BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 8, 2012
The first thing I thought when I opened the box to this popcorn popper was the black coating on it was done very poor. There were paint runs all over it, but when I took it out and used it I was very surprised at how well it worked. It is my new favorite camping toy now. I put in 1/4 cup of oil and 1/4 cup of popcorn and just held it over the fire. It all popped very fast and was really good. I got some popcorn seasoning at the store to take with us to flavor the popcorn. A little less oil next time, but still really good. My wife has used it twice over our gas stove and loved it too. I can't wait to take this on a father and son camp out with all of our friends. I know everyone is going to be happy I brought this. I wish I would have know about these earlier so I could have taken it on all camping trips. I have also attached a picture.

UPDATE: 23/MAY/2012: I took this camping for the second on the father and sons camp out and this time the black paint coating on the inside started chipping off. I don't want to be eating paint chips. I am going to replace this one with a $20 dollar one at Dicks sporting goods. If I have a problem with that one I can just take it back to Dicks. I haven't gotten it yet, but when I looked at it, it felt heavier and a little more sturdy. It cost a few bucks more, but I hope that means it is better quality. I still like the idea of popping popcorn when camping, but not with this pan. I am not going to use it anymore. Save $15 bucks and get a better one for a little more. I added more pictures of my popcorn and paint popper.
review image review image review image review image
on May 9, 2016
I have purchased many Texport items, and while I understand this is import stuff and the cost somewhat indicates the quality, I was thoroughly disappointed with this item. The very first use of this and the non stick coating began to peel off, and ended up in the bowl with the popcorn. One bowl of popcorn in the garbage, and one popcorn maker being returned.
on December 21, 2016
I was really excited when I purchased this product for my family, as we have a lot of backyard campfires. Unfortunately, I had to return it because it would not go together as instructed, must have got a defective one. Decided to buy another brand, rather than deal with this one again.
on November 30, 2016
Had to return because it broke after the first try. Was a gift to my dad for his outdoor fire pit. The handle is super short and made it uncomfortable because of the heat
on February 21, 2017
I have been using this for several months now and although it does a great job popping popcorn the paint almost immediately began to bubble up. It now is starting to chip off into the food. I just read a review stating that the paint contains lead which seems really crazy to ingest. Needless to say I'm now totally freaked out that I have been serving my family lead laden food! Yikes
on October 30, 2016
on August 17, 2009
Ok I was a little skeptical when I first received this product. The packaging is pretty cheap and there were NO instructions. I easily guessed how to assemble the handle, but I wasn't impressed with the way the cover fit and was ready to send it back. My husband took a look and got the cover to stay closed by squeezing the prongs together slightly. We gave it a try on a camping trip and loved the results! Still not thrilled that it had to be "fixed" right out of the box, but it works well now and it a definite improvement over "hobo popcorn" (where you put oil and popcorn on a squaare of foil, tie it up loosely and attach it to a stick then try to shake it over the fire until it pops).
on August 1, 2014
Just as everyone else has reported the paint chips immediately upon the first use. Our first batch of popcorn popped perfectly and our second batch was a burnt mess. We let the pan cool down and tried again and the popcorn turned out okay. The kids liked it.
on October 19, 2014
We use this often when camping. Only complaint is the latch to get the top off after popping is very hot and doesn't have a protected grab or handle for opening, so one must have a glove or towel to open and not burn oneself.
on May 6, 2014
We attempted to use this once, and it was a total fail. Paint chipped off immediately. I guess it might pop corn if you could find a way to do it without heating it up over a campfire. I hate returning things, but here we go! Don't waste your time with this product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.