Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

88%
12%

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on July 30, 2012
We purchased a fifteen inch Lodge cast iron seasoned frying pan. Much to our surprise Lodge does not make a lid for their fabulous frying pan. After looking extensively on the net virtually no one makes a 15 inch lid for this pan save this one. We were so surprised and happy to find it we gambled on buying it with the hope it would fit. Gamble, yup the price of the lid was almost as much as the price of the frying pan. But, the wonderful news is that the lid is truly great like the frying pan. Excellent quality and a perfect fit for the Lodge 15" cast iron fry pan. Unfortunately the lid is not seasoned. Seasoning is the process by which heat and oil is applied to the lid to condition the lid surface and turn the lid color to black protecting it from rust. Everyone says do not season indoors lest you have an excellent venting system to the outdoors. They recommend doing this on an outdoor grill. We do not have a venting system on our oven nor an outdoor grill on which to season the lid as recommended by the manufacturer. The coating on the lid really gives off a horrible odor and loads of smoke. Since we do not have an outdoor grill we decided to make a make-shift pit loaded it up with charcoal, lit it up, placed a wire rack over the coals, placed the lid on the rack and covered the lid with double heavy aluminum foil box shaped tent to heat the top side of the lid. Out comes the horrible stench and the fumes and smoke from the covering of the lid. Two hours later we removed the lid from the rack and let it cool down to a tolerable temperature, coated it with vegetable oil and placed it in our 500 degree indoor oven for about a little over an hour. No smoke, no fumes and one gorgeous matching black lid for the lodge 15" fry pan. We very happy now.
12/21/14, We've had it for over two years now. A pleasure to use. Still a custom fit, color is great you'd think it was an original match.
on September 11, 2012
As only Amazon could , deilver this great 15 1/2 inch lid for my large skillet. It is heavy, and very durable, and I looked all over for this item, at a reasonable price, and As always Amazon came thru for me at a price I could afford. I got this lid for a fraction of what everyone else was selling it for. I was so pleased. It was delivered really fast. I love that it really holds the heat in the skillet when I cook my beef roast, and they always turn out moist, tender, and juicy, and the gravy is always thick and rich. You can not beat the price, or the quality. I love this lid, and so pleased that Amazon offered it at a very reasonable price. Amazon has everything you need at a price you can afford.
on January 23, 2012
This cover fits perfectly on my Lodge 15" cast iron skillet. Lodge doesn't make a cover this size. Although it weighs 10lbs, and seasoning it prior to first use (theyre not kidding when they say "do this on an outdoor BBQ) were down sides I'm so glad I have it and use it ALL the time- on stovetop and in the oven. Before I got this cover,I was struggling w aluminum foil to cover this skillet which was wasteful and flammable! Eeek!
on April 21, 2013
Had Lodge 15 inch skillet. They were unable to supply lid. Texsport lid fit perfect! I was concerned about fit prior to rerceiving lid. My only problem was that the lid handle lift broke in shipping. I repaired with JB weld and I was off to the races.
on April 6, 2013
Others have said that this lid does fit the Lodge 15-inch skillet. I'm here to affirm that it does just that. This product isn't always available. I had to wait until it finally showed up. I grabbed it while I could. Now, I'm glad I did. If you have or are considering a Lodge 15-inch cast iron skillet and want a lid for it, this is the one for you. Be patient. When it becomes available, BUY IT!
on September 23, 2012
My husband has a 15" cast-iron fry pan in which the lid became missing. We searched to the max to try to find a matching lid. He likes to cook outside on his 2-burner gas stove. Being a newer member of the Amazon group, I suggested we do our search here. Lo and behold..a match! It arrived in timely manner, and he has been cooking up a storm ever since. Especially homemade pizzas, yummm!
on December 30, 2012
love it have used it for frying , baking and other things only backdraw is that its too heavy otherwise like it

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.