Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $11.40 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.85 shipping
Texsport Black Ice The Scouter 5 pc Hard Anodized Camping Cookware Outdoor Cook Set with Storage Bag
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- All items nest together into a compact package for transport (7" diameter cylinder, 4.5" High)
- Includes 7" Fry Pan with Xylan non-stick finish and locking folding "stay cool" insulated handle
- 1 Quart AND 1.5 Quart Boiling pots with Xylan non stick finish with covers, and locking folding "stay cool" insulated handle
- Made from Hard anodized non-stick aluminum which makes for easy cleaning and healthy cooking
- Includes Mesh Carry / Storage Bag. Pack Weight is 26 oz.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Package Height||5.04 x 7.4 x 7.48 inches|
|Shipping Weight||1.85 pounds|
|Sport Type||Camping & Hiking|
Black Ice¿ Hard Anodized Cookware Hard anodization process alters and hardens structure of Cookware surface making it abrasion resistant Twice as hard as stainless steel Combines the best attributes of a hard surface treatment and the even heat transfer of aluminum
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Not only is this set very compact and can fit in our frame packs without sacrificing space, they are lightweight and extremely strong. They look great, and I can also now fit our chow sets inside of the inner pan so everything we need to cook and eat is in one set. We now just use the cheap aluminum lids from those "other" mess kits as our plates, and they stack on the bottom of this set and fit in the same mesh bag that comes with this kit. It's so much easier to cook for 2 in one pan instead of the other two tiny ones we were using. The large pot works perfect for those 2-serving dehydrated meals, too.
Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this cook set. Can't beat the durability, size and look for sub-$30.
- Foldaway handles and nesting allow the whole kit to pack down small, with space inside to store utensils or food when packed.
- Hard anodized cookware heats up faster than iron and steel, and heats more evenly than aluminum.
- Non-stick surface makes for easy cleanup
- Plastic grips on the handles may keep you from burning yourself when using a camp stove, but these will burn if held over an open flame. I would have preferred a bare metal handle.
I'll spend money for top of the line boots and packs. Outside of that, I'm usually looking towards name brands but I'm definitely buying on sale.
The only piece of gear I have that I can say performs way better than what the price would suggest is this cook set. I've stuck with it because there's no reason to change.
For me, the versatility is a key factor in why this is a no-brainer purchase. I love being able to take one, two or three pieces with me depending on the trip. And the clean-up has never been anything less than super easy. A moistened paper towel is all you need. I will say that the mesh carrying bag ripped a bit and the string that tightens the opening only lasted for a couple of years. But those are things you can pick up for next to nothing. The set itself still looks new despite a ton of use. I also like the fact that it's sturdier than the weight would suggest. No dents despite getting knocked around.
I would highly suggest that backpackers place a piece of paper towel between each pot. This will keep the surface abrasion free. What I do is put my stove in the smaller pot and toss some extra paper towels or a camp towel in there to keep it solid.
So if you're new to backpacking, don't want to drop big money for a negligible weight savings or just want a lighter weight cook set for car camping, I highly recommend The Scouter.
Most recent customer reviews