Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 28, 2013
I haven't found a better brand for taste and consistency. I go through many cans in a month. Do not waste your money on "light" coconut milk; it is just watered down regular coconut milk. If you want light, then mix your regular coconut milk with some water and lighten it up. You'll get more coconut milk for your money that way. I prefer to use mine at full strength though because I love the flavor and creaminess.

If the temperature is warm enough, your can contents may already be incorporated. Try shaking the can to see if you can here it sloshing around at all. In cooler temps, the coconut solids will separate from the water and you'll want to incorporate it all for use. The easiest thing to do is dump it all in a medium bowl and whisk or stir together.

Use suggestions:
-Add a few tablespoons to blender smoothies (adding healthy saturated fats like those in coconut milk help you absorb the vitamins and nutrients from any fruits and/or veggies blended into your smoothie).
-Make "ice" cubes to either add to smoothies or creamy Bacardi Coco drinks or melt in your coffee (a good way to use up leftovers before they go bad).
-Use as the creamy base in an ice cream batter, replacing dairy.
-Add to a chilled whipped cream dispenser (like iSi brand) and make dairy-free whipped cream (add sugar, vanilla, etc. to flavor if you like).
-Substitute for cream or milk in most recipes (I've even used it in quiche).
-Mix equal parts coconut milk and fruit jam/preserves to make a creamy & fruity topping for pancakes (heat it up if you like) or to spread on toast.
-Dump a can into a small pot as a base to a quick Thai soup. Add a can of crushed or diced tomatoes, slice in some mushrooms, add some Thai basil, and thrown in some cooked chicken chunks.
-Combine with other oils, lime juice, salt, pepper, seasonings, etc. to make your own salad dressings.
-Blend into soups or chili to make them a little creamy (I've even done this with salsa to get the creamy mouth feel of sour cream, although nothing gets close to the flavor of real dairy sour cream).
11 comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
As to other reviews of bent up cans, the box I received wasn't at all dented or messed up, BUT the CANS were! Not all of them, but most. It really doesn't matter if the product doesn't leak out of the can, so I'm really not bothered by it. It's a waste to throw food away because of dented cans so I don't care. (I opened the can and poured it into a jar) I have used this brand of coconut milk before and I like it so I have no complaints. UPDATE: I used this in place of heavy cream in my scones and are they ever GOOD! I love it! I looked up how to use it and you can put it into your oatmeal, make rice pudding with it, and in curry. There's lots of other things too, but I am obsessed with coconut oil and milk. I LOVE it!
on September 29, 2016
Picture shows organic but I got conventional, and in a broken can at that.
review imagereview image
VINE VOICEon April 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Thai Kitchen Organic Premium Coconut Milk is a mixed bag. Whether or not you will like it depends on what you are looking for in this type of product. It makes a decent curry which is the main way I use coconut milk. I also substitute coconut milk for cow's milk in some of my dishes. The coconut flavor is too strong and consistency is off with Thai's brand for use in coffee. it does work well cooking rice. Things to consider in purchasing this product:

1. It contains guar gum. This is a thickener used in watered-down coconut milk. All coconut milk contains water, but using guar gum masks how much water is added and gives the product a creamy look. Unfortunately, my palate is sensitive to guar gum from many years using it as a thickening alternative in cooking. I can taste and feel it in Thai's coconut milk. It leaves a slightly slimy feel in my mouth which ruins the meal for me.
2. There are no coconut solids in the can. It is a bright white, creamy-looking, slightly thick liquid. If you are looking for that thick coconut fat goodness to scoop out and whip or use in for recipes as a cream substitute, skip this brand.
3. The can is not BPH free.
4. It is organic.
5. Country of origin: Thailand. The Philippines also produces coconut milk, and which is the best differs by year and is a matter of taste.
6. Expiration date: 10/2016.
7. The taste is strong when compared to my usual brand, Natural Value. If you can handle guar gum, then it enhances the flavor of curry.
8. Every can arrived dented.
review image
on November 3, 2017
I've used many types of coconut milk over the years. This one seems to have more cream than many others and it's not so difficult to stir it up when it's separated in the can. It also helps with the consistency of baked goods. I've not used it for cold desserts like pudding yet. Given it's quality, I think it will do very nicely. It's hard to find good coconut milk.
on July 22, 2015
This Organic Coconut Milk tastes exactly like the Coconut Milk I remember drinking right out of the coconut (or poured right out of the coconut) when I was a kid. The only surprise, to me, was that the milk partially solidified when I refrigerated it overnight before I drank most of my first can.

Since it tastes the same, I'm sure that you'd have no problems substituting this canned milk for milk right out of the "nut" in your recipes.

Whether you want to drink it, or use it in recipes, or both, I highly recommend this Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk.

John
on February 13, 2017
Love it. Whole30 Compliant. A must have :)
on January 11, 2017
Arrived in a 6 pack box imported from Thailand. Milk was good and fresh... good until 2018. I use this in boba tea and soups and keto cooking and the price is fairly good if you can't make it to a local Asian market.... By the time you factor in time and hassle, fuel or transport to get there, it was well worth it for me to have it shipped directly to me.
on March 4, 2017
I'm not sure "lite" is the way to go with coconut milk as you generally want that extra richness in the simmer. But it still works nicely to imbue the flavour.
on May 9, 2016
Love this stuff! Living with a dairy allergy, I'm so grateful to have found a delicious and versatile substitute for heavy cream. I make steak curry several times a week with this - delicious every time. Sometimes I just eat it by the spoonful. For a real treat, I mix a little sweetener into it and serve it over mixed berries. Have made ice cream and whipped cream with it too. Good deal using Subscribe and Save.