Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 50 reviews
on September 7, 2015
The author seems to be quite jaded having lived among the bar girls for too long. I am sure that much of what he says is true but it appears that he really has an ax to grind with someone. He seems to really resent the traveler that stops off to enjoy the women of Thailand. If hit was the only book you read then you would never even consider traveling to Thailand. I knew before I read the book that it would contain all the bad news about Thai hookers because of the title but I wanted to know the good and the bad. However there is not good news at all in this book even though I have read other accounts and have had friends that had a great time and no problems. As I said I am sure the problems exist and what he says is true but it cannot all be as bad as he says or the place would be empty. Going myself in January.
on October 30, 2014
Fairly entertaining read although the author comes off as condescending at times. Based on my own experience (I have a Thai wife, although she was never a bar girl) I'd say the vast majority of the book is pretty accurate. The areas where I don't have experience seem plausible based on everything else I know. Not a bad read.

If you're going to Thailand to partake in the adult activities that are available to you over there, it would be a good idea to read books like this to better educate yourself so that you are not so easily taken advantage of. Like the author said, these girls may be uneducated (for the most part) but they will school you so badly you won't know what hit you.
on March 28, 2017
I think this is a good book it tells it like it is going to be from experience it's probably contains a lot of good advice for people traveling to Thailand
on August 8, 2016
Nothing new here. You could have substituted Costa Rica, Dominican Republic or Colombia and it would read the same. What the author does is paint a morose picture of visiting Thailand and yet he is still there and living the life. If its so bad why didnt he leave it years ago? The truth is that tens of thousands of visitors visit every year and have wonderful, fun vacations and meet beautiful ladies. You wont read that in this boo, just Thailand bashing. Just a downer of a book.
on November 29, 2014
Man this book has changed my whole view of what to expect when I go to Thailand for my first time in January. I have also purchase the 50 scams book by this author to help further educate myself. Wow what a good read.
on October 19, 2014
No punches pulled here, every aspect of prostitution in Thailand is covered from bar girls to ladyboys and plenty of horror stories are revealed along the way. There is a lot of useful info here, defiantly a must read for any potential sex tourist interested in Pattaya/Bangkok. I personally plan to visit one day and I feel like I have a greater understanding of Thai hookers and the potential pitfalls along the way.

As a minor negative, there are a number of typos in the book most of which happen in the second half.
on July 10, 2014
This guy is pompous, long winded and self-important beyond belief and some sentences and paragraphs just don't make a lot of sense. Sometimes you just want to laugh at him.
For a guy who writes about hooking up with hookers he comes across as really preachy. Having said that every chapter has some kernel of truth to it no matter how badly and bombastically he presents it.
on April 28, 2014
The Blether gives a no holds barred account of the reality of Thai prostitution. Its easy to conjure up ideas of the girls choosing their life, but the reality is different. The circumstances of how they get into the trade and the tricks they play is intriguing. Its a real buyer beware situation and so many guys fall for all the ways they use to extract money.
I finished this book in one session and then moved onto the "finding a good Thai woman" book.

This is a real reality check based on some solid research should be required reading for sex tourists in the land of smiles.
on December 11, 2014
Just one kernel of wisdom extracted from this book would more than pay for the cost, and there are many kernels of wisdom within it. I'm sure there are legions of men who would now give most anything if they could go back in time and read it before coming to Thailand. It's not a long book, but I consider were I sitting in a bar would it be worth the price of a drink to have the author share this knowledge with me? The answer is a definite yes!!! The information can be a bit sobering and depressing at times, but that's what reality is like! I plan to read a few more of his books as well. My only gripe is the lack of proper proofreading in this particular book.
on April 5, 2015
In interesting view into Thai culture in a non-judgemental way. It is hard to believe the fatalism of Buddhist culture. There is good insight into what not to do and how to avoid getting into trouble with the pimps and police. There are rip offs and corruption at every level. If you are even thinking about a sex tour to Thailand it is best to go armed with knowledge.

These girls can earn US$5,000 per month in a country where the average income is US$600 per month. Most of them are from poor villages in the north. They got married early, had children and their Thai husbands abandoned them. They get into prostitution to survive.

Neither you or the feminist "do-gooders" are going to "save" them from this life. (BTW nobody wants to "save" men from working in dirty, dangerous, life threatening mines for a fraction of the money.)