Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $12.70 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Thames & Kosmos Remote Control Machines
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$9.97 (12%)|
|Brand||Thames & Kosmos|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||14.6 x 11.5 x 3.1 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Build your own motorized vehicles and machines
- Unique six button infrared remote control
- Three motors can be combined to make complex vehicles and machines in numerous configurations
- Assemble up to 10 models
- Kit comes with everything you need.For any further queries please contact Thames & Kosmos Technical Support Number @ 800-587-2872 .
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Build your own motorized vehicles and machines and control them with a wireless remote control unit. A unique six-button infrared remote allows you to control Three different motors simultaneously, moving each of them forward or in reverse, with easy-to-activate touch sensors. The three motors can be combined to make complex vehicles and machines in numerous configurations limited only by your imagination. Assemble ten models demonstrating different ways in which the motors can be used including a bulldozer, car, three-wheeler, crane, antique car, plow, folding car, formula one racer, three-blade dozer, and robotic arm. After you have built the models in the instructions, You can design your own remote control creations! The kit comes with three motors, remote control unit, battery holder, and 182 building pieces. 48-Page color instruction book.
From the Manufacturer
Build your own motorized vehicles and machines and control them with a wireless remote control unit. A unique six-button infrared remote allows you to control three different motors simultaneously, moving each of them forward or in reverse, with easy-to-activate touch sensors. The three motors can be combined to make complex vehicles and machines in numerous configurations limited only by your imagination. Assemble ten models demonstrating different ways in which the motors can be used including a bulldozer, car, three-wheeler, crane, antique car, plow, folding car, formula one racer, three-blade dozer, and robotic arm. After you have built the models in the instructions, you can design your own remote control creations. The kit comes with three motors, remote control unit, battery holder, and building pieces, 48 page color instruction book, and 182 building pieces.
Do not mix old and new batteries. Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), or rechargeable (nickel-cadmium) batteries.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pros: This is an awesome set making incredibly cool toys. I make my engineer friends make vehicles for my kid, and the adults get super into it. It's fun to then play with this complex, gear-driven vehicle that you've made. This is an awesome toy to understanding basic engineering concepts and make things that go vroom. Basically I recommend this building set wholeheartedly even though there are a couple of cons.
- The comments about the manual drawings being too small is right on the nose -- it's hard to see which hole to put an attachments into, details of the gears and how they should fit together, etc. It's been trial and error, assembling different components and then realizing that something had to be one hole lower, etc.
- The parts break pretty easily. The 3 and 5 hole pieces have very thin edges that crack and result in loose holes for the red attachments, and we bent a wheel connecting stick and a several of the longer pieces that were attached together without any space to pry the red attachment pieces out. I am a medium sized woman, so this is not because I have super human strength. PSA/good news: they have a replacements department just for this purpose. It's not that cheap, but I think worth replacing/stocking up on parts with them if you are getting serious about the set.
The instructions were mostly just pictures with small lines showing where the part gets inserted. There are lots of holes in these beams so it is easy for the child to choose the wrong hole if they are not careful. A little guidance will help the child to be more detail oriented to be successful. There are 3 motors and can be inserted backwards easily. I would suggest that the parent add an arrow as to the direction the motor turns using a marking pen to help the child get it right. In particular the 2nd car has two motors that need to turn in the same direction. Although an interesting exercise is to intentionally reverse one motor and notice how much more difficult it is to control the car (ergonomics training). A few more detailed pictures would have helped the child get the project built the first time but the parent can certainly help with the repair and successful conclusion if needed. This kit shows a lot of mechanical skills. Some of the more complex projects can be a bit wobbly but overall they are pretty solid. One problem is that the battery box has no power switch so you have to remove a battery when not using the toy to avoid running down the batteries quickly. LED's on the battery box and remote would have been nice to indicate they are on (there is a switch on the remote).
Top reviews from other countries
The fact things are remote controlled is a huge hit. He can follow the instructions and build the machines himself, although I'm occasionally needed to push parts together (as I am with lego). There is a great range of machines to build. He started with the bull dozer- which is surprisingly powerful at pushing things around. Next project will be the robotic arm.
There was a fault in one of the electrical parts, but this was dealt with quickly by the seller, so I have left the review at 5 stars as their service was excellent.