Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 19, 2012
I absolutely loved this book! Full disclosure: I'm a man. I was browsing the Kindle Store and happened upon a book about a woman's search for an orgasm. Don't ask what I was searching for. Okay, the subject matter piqued my interest. What could go wrong with a book about a woman searching for an orgasm? Plenty, actually. It could be boring, like she was shopping for the perfect pair of pumps (shoes, that is). She could blame all her frustrations on men. She could be a lousy writer. What I found was an incredibly engaging, almost painfully honest, hilarious, insightful book about human relations - physical and otherwise. Two pages into it, I was already hooked. I also thought: funny, insightful, neurotic as hell, liberal, guilt ridden, self-effacing - she's gotta be Jewish! Her humor lured me in, but her insights are what really set the hook. I couldn't put it down. I was amazed at her courage; her journey bordered on the dangerous, and she was often on the wrong side of the border. But she pulled through, with me slavishly following her through each of her incredible adventures. It was a great trip, a great read. In the end, I understood her, women, and myself just a little bit better. And isn't that the most you could possibly hope for in a book?
on January 17, 2014
I laughed so much my husband kept asking me what was so funny. Totally enjoyable reading with touching and humorous anecdotes about the young female experience... it brought back so many memories, good and embarrassing! I highly recommend this to others no matter your age (young adult and beyond), orientation or sex.
on March 22, 2014
Amusing romp through author's search for the elusive. Somewhat immature, predicable. Entertaining. Author clearly researched subject and had a wealth of personal experience.
on January 27, 2014
Cruel honesty and a ton of humor, it takes a smart author to compose such an enjoyable account of an uncommon search. I really enjoyed this book.
on June 17, 2015
This book is slow in parts throughout the book but stick with to the end. This book is a major turn on. I mean major.
on August 28, 2017
Very intelligent and hilarious story. Actually got more insight into the parents than her quest :)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 8, 2014
I wish there was a lower rating possible! This book is neither funny nor interesting. It is a blatantly self serving attempt to write a book...any book! Her "humor" is nothing more than listing as many slang terms for the female genitalia as she can. The book is tedious, predictable, and annoying. A squeamish woman who has huge huge trust issues solves her entire "problem" the first time she talks to her grandparents. They advise her that good sex relies on experimentation in a trusting, loving relationship. Bam! She doesn't like that answer so the reader must also trudge through numerous other dumb ideas until she arrives back at...experimentation in a trusting, loving relationship. Spare yourself wasted money and far too many pages of self serving blather. I just wish I had been able to wade through it sooner so I could still return it.
on November 23, 2013
OMG, too funny and to the point. For those woman that want a good laugh, you need to read this. She doesn't hold anything back.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 7, 2014
Funny and smart.
on February 13, 2013
This book won't be listed among the world's great works of literature. Still, I found it an entertaining read. It's a good effort by Altman to take a look at a subject not much openly discussed. Inviting the world in to come along on her search for orgasm couldn't have been easy but she did it with self depreciating style. It's one person's quest and she invited everyone along for the ride. The best part, from my perspective, was reading about all the different viewpoints on female orgasm. If you're looking for War and Peace, don't bother. If you're looking for a fun read on an interesting topic you could do worse. I'm glad I read it. Just for the record, I'm male.