Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thanksgiving on Thursday (Magic Tree House #27)
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 15, 2002
I like this book very much. Jack and Annie are whisked back to the first Thanksgiving in 1621. But they failed to catch eels and clams and burnt Priscilla's Thanksgiving turkey when Jack dropped it into the fire. They found the magic of community, however, in spite of everything.
Read more Magic Tree House books! "High Tide in Hawaii" is coming soon!
on February 20, 2004
This book allows children to experience another time and place. This is an excellent supplement to the elementary curriculum. This book is easy to read and makes learning about history, fun. This book will teach children about a way of life that they are unfamiliar with. Students will learn how people back then dressed, how they hunted and prepared food, and how they worked together as a community. Children will learn more than just history from this book. This book emphasizes the value of others and of working together. This book will also get children excited about reading and it will also encourage them to write and to keep their own personal journal of adventures. This book is an excellent teaching resource.
on November 28, 2013
Magic Tree House is great at teaching historical facts and events to very young children. They are also very simple to read and characters are always fascinating.Though to the adult reader the repetition in text formats and language may be boring, not to so to the younger crowd... Under 10 children love repetition exactly like their younger children do. This particular books is no exception.
The two siblings go to Plymouth on the day of the first thanksgiving and get busy helping Priscilla, a young Pilgrim, to get ready for the huge feast. Of course, nothing goes exactly like they want them to go, but that helps them find out what is really important.
I would recommend this book to children in second and third grade. I think that older children might be challenged with something more difficult.
on June 12, 2006
The story startes out when Jack and his little sister Annie are on their way to a place called Plymouth. At first they had no idea where they were until Jack was hung after he accidently steped into a trap; they finally found out where they were.

First, this story takes place during the time of the pilgrims coming to the United States from England on a ship well-known as the Mayflower. The story's sequence startes when Jack and Annie are introduced to all the pilgrims and an indian; his name Squanto. Sooner on in the story Jack and Annie learn how to hunt and fish for there own food. While in a women's house Jack learned how to cook over the fire. But, they run into a problem; they didn't know how things ran around there. But a women nice enough told them just that. Her nam was Prinscilla.

Last in the story they have wonderful and unforgiving diner. Also known as the First Thanksgiving Feast. Jack and Annie enjoyed their time in Plymouth because they have learned as much as I did.

I thought that this book was an awesome experience for me because I have learned alot about the pilgrims and what it was like back in the day.
on October 2, 2002
Your children will delight in this, the 27th installment of the magic tree house. This time the enjoy(?) exchanging 21st century dialog with America's earlier settlers. Your little one's will enjoy learning American history the fun way.
on September 21, 2013
This time we learned about the First Thanksgiving, Squanto, and Priscilla. But most importantly,we learned what community means and how Thankful we should be for all the modern day amenities we have and for our friends and family. Once again, Jack and Annie have taught us important lessons, all while sharing another great adventure with us! Now we're off to learn about Hawaii!
on January 24, 2005
The book title I am reviewing is Thanksgiving on Thursday by Mary Pope Osborne. I think this book deserves four stars. The story is about when Jack and Annie go back in 1621 and have dinner with the Wanapogs and the Pilgrims. The problem is when Jack and Annie accidentally threw the turkey in the fire. Another problem is when Jack and Annie can't find clams and eels. I would recommend this book to my mom. Other books by Mary Pope Osborne are High Tide in Hawaii, Twister on Tuesday and much more!

Emerson, NJ; fifth grade student
on November 28, 2013
I splurged and ordered a copy for all 7 of my students. We read aloud as a class, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a good way for them to learn about Pilgrims, Plymouth Colony, Squanto, etc. It was exciting to me when a student who is a struggling reader was the first to figure out that Jack and Annie had found the magic.
on September 2, 2013
It's book was a book that my child's school required to buy. We got it along with the other required books so quickly she is set for the rest of the year. Thanks for the quick shipping. Se is excited to read it.
on December 4, 2003
My 1st graders loved this book. The text allows the child to form mental images of what the very first Thanksgiving was like. The class is looking forward to "Christmas in Camelot" as our next read aloud chapter book.