Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

The 20/20 Experience
Format: Vinyl|Change

on February 28, 2018
Christmas present for Kristin's Aunt Maureen (aka Aunt Mo) this past Christmas, as in a few months ago. I know what you're thinking because I was thinking the same exact thing: who listens to CDs these days? The answer is Aunt Mo. I've heard she throws the disk into the changer in her car and never looks back. Plays the compact disk on repeat for months until she's worn a hole through it. Savage. I could just see her driving out to the Cape now, sweet grandma Helen in the passenger seat, the two of them just rocking out to the 20/20 experience. 5 stars for that alone.

TBH, I was super embarrassed gifting this. Not because of the product itself, it gets 5 stars, but because Kristin and I kind of let Christmas get away from us. We showed up to her parents house with a freaking CD in our hands as a gift. Not only were we gifting $9.99 worth of music to awesome Aunt Mo, but I knew she was going to slay me with whatever she got for me. Sure enough, as I'm opening up some sick sweater-jacket from REI, Aunt Mo is taking the protective plastic wrap off the 20/20 experience. I couldn't even look her in the eyes. It didn't get much better for family members that year:

Kristin's mom received a pair of socks (I'm not kidding). We didn't even spring for a pair from Smart Wool or some fancy company like that. No, we got these socks from Barnes and Nobles. Ugh.
Kristin's dad receive a make your own hot sauce kit. Again, couldn't look him in the eyes. I think he threw it out when we left.
on April 3, 2013
"The 20/20 Experience" is a unique outing for an artist, one that only a select few like Justin Timberlake can get away with and still succeed. Most of the songs are like nothing heard on the radio today, but are still pleasant to the ears. Being a fan of the previous two albums, I was very anxious to get my hands on this CD. The songs take a worldly approach to music, and arrangements incorporate full bands with a horn section and multiple backup vocalists. Suit & Tie has been on the radio for some time now, mixing a pop dance hit with multiple instruments which result in a catchy good time. Mirrors, the second single, and obvious ode to his marriage; Is a great track with a great beat and wonderful, meaningful lyrics. Other excellent tracks are Pusher Love Girl, which has a strong finish and the catchy Tunnel Vision which has "single" written all over it. The other tracks fill in nicely, and you can tell that Justin and Timbaland have expanded on their "fusion" and "interlude" premise that was spread throughout "FutureSex/LoveSounds." The packaging is well done, and comes in a standard plastic CD jewel case. This album as a whole is already one of the best selling of 2013, and I expect it to win many awards, into next year. The other "half" of the 20/20 Experience is due out later this Fall, but these first 10 tracks (10 out 20, get it?) will definitely keep Justin Timberlake and pop music fans occupied until then. Glad to see Justin return to what he does best, and I am sure the music industry is happy as well, as not many other artists do it better. Do yourself a favor and make sure you check out "The 20/20 Experience."
on April 17, 2013
As every musical artist matures, it's hard to recapture the glory of what first made you fall in love with their music. Justin Timberlake has long been one of my favorite artists and is an inspiration to many. NSync was a good boy band, but Justin really hit his stride with his solo effort. Many parts of Timberlake's last album, 'Futuresex/Lovesounds' took my interest in dance and shoved it head-long in to choreography and professional dance.
While I like that Timberlake is embracing his own sound and has really found that niche that works for him vocally, I do find myself missing dance tracks and the energy that propelled his previous albums. Thank you for embracing the jazz, but please bring some dance music along with you!
'The 20/20 Experience' is not a bad album, it's actually very good. Excellent producing, great sounds and vibes, yet it lacks much of the energy I've come to expect from Timberlake. '20/20' is just part 1 of Timberlake's two-disc return to music, so I'm hopeful looking forward, and I fully intend to purchase part 2 as well. I just have to be okay with these albums as listening albums and not dance albums.
on June 18, 2013
I'm not a big fan of "boy band" music but had seen a couple of the pieces from this album performed on TV and was interested in owning it. Not at all disappointing, but not as new and exciting as I'd imagined. Justin Timberlake has a good voice and the production values are pretty high, but this album, after all, a very commercial undertaking. I'll keep it in the mix when entertaining, but I can't say I'd sit and listen to it as closely as I would to an artist such as Esperanza Spalding, but I admit that's trying to compare apples to oranges. This is a good CD to put in a background mix.
on June 16, 2013
Well, for Justin Timberlake I would say this CD is probably someone else's music that he is singing. There are a few songs that make you recognize the sound but the majority of the CD has a "older," "Jazzy" type quality to the music. I like the songs but it's seems like the majority of the songs were designed for behind closed doors intimacy between two people, not really dancing. #10 (Blue ocean floor) is just a "what??" song. Totally doesn't follow the flow of the CD. I think he could have done better, but I love JT so I can't talk bad.
on January 7, 2018
I wish I could give it a zero. And not on the rating of the music but the rating of the product. I have already returned one because it was warped, but this one has a MAJOR bend in it. I didn't even put it on the record player because I didn't want the needle to jump and scratch the album. I'm so very disappointed. Will not be buying this again. And I do not recommend anybody else to purchase this.
on August 23, 2013
absolutely love Justin Timberlake and i was one of the many people anticipating his return to music. definitely not disappointed with this album, but i have my favorites and least favorites.

i think the overall mood of the record is very chill, easy listening. good mix of midtempo/slow songs. favorites include Mirrors, That Girl, Blue Ocean Floor and Let The Groove Get In. i actually love the live version of Pusher Love Girl from the VMAs better than its recorded counterpart. least favorite is definitely Suit &Tie--didn't like it when it was released, and still didn't like it when i bought this album.

i feel like all the songs are super long, which i don't mind since the endings are pretty good-- particularly on Mirrors, Strawberry Bubblegum and Pusher Love Girl.

overall, i give this album an 'A'....looking forward to the follow up to this record.
on August 24, 2013
One of the reasons that iTunes is so popular is the ability to buy singles. Most artists these days release CD's with one or two solid, catchy singles made for the radio with a lot of fluff in between. What makes Justin such an amazing artist, in my opinion, is his ability to release complete CD's that are a joy to listen to from beginning to end. His sound is unique and distinguishable, but the styles of the tracks differ. There's some slower melodies and some more 'dance-oriented' tracks too. It's a nice well-rounded effort. Despite having a spotify subscription, I bought this CD (as I'm inclined to do with some of my favorite releases). If you've only heard the radio singles, do yourself a favor and invest in the complete CD.
on April 1, 2018
I bought this album early on in my recent dive into the depths of vinyl purchasing hell. I wanted to own a little bit of everything and was kinda disappointed in the sound of this album on vinyl. Not a crisp sounding as I was expecting or hoping for.
on January 7, 2018
This review is for the Vinyl version only. I've received two of these so far that are so badly warped that they are unplayable. I do love this album but I'm sorry to say that the vinyl is proving to be poor quality.