Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
This audio book provides 250 job interview questions, basic ones, and very short responses that are designed to steer clear of controversy or create a poor impression. However, I'm not recommending it to most people.

Compared to other books on the subject, this one puts me to sleep even though it has good ideas. While I did not find the book engaging, some may.

I'm basically always up for reading/listening to another book that discusses interviewing. For me the value is on the side of the interviewer since that is one of my job functions. In case I am the interviewee, I somewhat feel prepared.

Books of this nature provide value to anybody that will be in job interviews on either side of the table. I learned the hard way that I need such books, because my first interviews didn't go well due to the fact that I didn't know what to ask. I'm sure I appeared unprepared and even stupid and felt ten times worse. After that, I made it my business to understand the interviewing process well and always be prepared.

The value of this book is limited because it doesn't go into any detail. I think one should be authentic in an interview and not provide "canned answers" where books such as this could lead. Still, if you're being interviewed and you really don't have a good answer or one you're comfortable with, you might as well give a very short memorized answer right out of this book. Nothing wrong with that as long as other parts of the interview are more engaging and authentic! You will appear well-prepared and informed about what makes for an acceptable short answer.

The person being interviewed has to at some point show some leadership in the interview, unless it is for a very low-paid position. Thus, having answers ready is only the beginning of preparation. You should ask questions and get into discussions related to the company and the work itself.

In my opinion, an interview where the interviewer asks questions and the interviewee merely responds is not a "good" interview. That's an interview that both sides can check off as completed but unlikely to go to the next level. This book can provide some basic support, the beginning of one's preparation for a successful interview.
on April 18, 2016
Let's face it; 99% of the people interviewing candidates for jobs don't have a clue what they're really doing or how to do it effectively - and that goes for most HR types too. Too many of them think if they eat up an hour of a candidate's time "interviewing" them about a position, they must've done a great and thorough examination of the candidate's fit for the job. Nonsense - and so are a LOT of questions they ask.

Any person interviewing for a job needs this book in their bag of tricks. It provides you defense to those idiotic questions like "Where do you want to be in 5 years?" that get asked by the clueless who don't really know what the correct answer to their own question should be.

AND it gives great answers to questions that really are on-point and coaches you in how to effectively and engagingly present your skills and experience during any and all questions nonsense or onpoint. HIGHLY recommend!
on December 8, 2006
This is actually an excellent book that acts as a starting point to prepare your interviews.

The early sections are a good framework to prepare a solid speech on why you're out there looking for a job, what your motivations are, what value you can bring etc.

The list of questions may seem boring but it's clearly an invitation to do your homework. Sit down and practice, practice and practice. This type of work isn't the kind of involvement your hear very frequently and I know very few people who have enough to actually do it.

This book will help you be prepared for pretty much any type of questions, as long as you put down the required practice hours. Just zipping through it once or twice will do you no good. It'll give you the feeling that you're prepared when in fact your not. The only way to make the most of this very good book is to actually practice every question aloud, in front of someone else if you have to.

This is an excellent preparation tool, that you should acquire early in your job search quest, as glancing over it won't unleash the power it contains.
on June 14, 2015
this kind of advice could be relevant 10-15 years ago, but these days interviews are done in a completely different way (tip: search for "behavioural interviews"). I felt this book is quite irrelevant and out-dated. Go and read something else.
on March 23, 2009
Okay, this book consists of three parts and part II is the biggest part.

Part I is "Before the Job Interview"-three chapters. I found this part of the book to be most helpful for those that have no professional experience or for those that have no work experience.

Part II is the actual questions that you may be asked. So many questions are for those that have worked in sales, management, accounting, system analysis or IT jobs, marketing, fund raising, R & D, those that have customers or clients, HR professionals and and other positions that require decision making for others or require one to be innovative (such as IT).

The types of jobs that I have had did not require me to make decisions for others or to be creative. So for me, the answers given do not help me. To give an example-When I tryed to show some leadership in my past jobs (like manufacturing) I was told to keep quiet and do what I was told to do. (I used to work in manufacturing in the early to mid '90's). I also have Asperger Syndrome, so the book does not address the need for specific examples on how to answer a question if you have "this and that experience" but not "A, B, and C". The author assumes that the readers of this book are all professionals that are between jobs.

Part III of the book is "After the Interview" and is of moderate help to me. As a person that has had only one job as a manager-and that job as a manager was a joke (they did not even provide a name tag for me), do not waste your money on this book.

It was written in 1999 and talks about CD-ROM's as well. If you do get it, make sure it is a used old copy. It is only worth $1 or less. As I said before, Part I is of the most use for those that are non-professionals.
on July 3, 2014
In the recent years employers have adopted a behavioral based interview strategy and these questions missed that mark completely. Not to mention the numerous typographical errors in this book. This was a waste of money.
on September 9, 2009
THis was a key purchase for me due to upcoming interviews, I saw this on the book lists and ordered it promptly. I received quickly within days and was very satisfied with the quick delivery. The book is setup simply so you can jump between chapters to find out what areas you need more strength in. You don't have to read it from page one. I have learned a few things, surprising things since I received it making it a solid purchase on my part.
on January 20, 2015
My son said he learned a lot and now gas a great job
on August 6, 2014
great resource!
on February 23, 2010
If you need tips on job interview questions than this is the book you must have.