Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on October 21, 2013
If you are going to purchase an Absolute series, these are the ones to get. All of these books are just incredible. They tell an amazing story, and contain some of the best comic art I've ever seen, which only looks more grandiose in this oversized edition. Each book has a table of contents, sewn binding, thick paper, vibrant ink, and some great extras.

As for volume four, this is the ending of the series. Though there is a volume five, it only contains short stories or one-shots that don't directly pertain to the main story thread. As for the ending, Gaiman wraps everything up. All of the side stories and the main story arc come crashing together in such a way that will leave you wanting more, but excepting that there won't be.

Though the omnibus is out, and is nice, I highly recommend you overlooking it and grabbing the Absolute set instead. This artwork should be seen in this format, and it is such a incredible product, you have no excuse for settling for anything less. Buy this!
on May 15, 2014
Sandman itself has been reviewed multiple times, so I'll just talk about the book itself.

This is an amazing edition. The book is large and pretty hefty, so make sure you have room for it before you order! The box sleeves the book comes in is covered in awesome art book that is also reflected on the book cover itself. I love how thick the pages are. The extras and forwards are a big plus to collectors. While you could purchase the Omnibus for less than the collective price of these five books, I would recommend these. Better material, more extras, and all around better display. Truly the absolute version of The Sandman!
on September 23, 2016
I got all of the Absolutes before having even read this story as I expected I would love it from what I'd heard. Fortunately, my investment was well worth it as not only did I love the Journey that dream goes on, but I also love how beautiful these books are.
on August 21, 2011
i own the collection and find myself leafing through my favorite parts of each volume many a rainy day--or any other day i need an excuse to stay inside. in testimony to the pure beauty and poetry of the art and prose i will state quite honestly that, after the dog and cat, my beloved sandman collection--all 30+ lbs of it--is number 3 on my 'get it out of the burning house' list.
on January 18, 2009
The Absolute Sandman editions are just so amazing. Oversized, hardcover with slipcase, great quality regarding paper and ink. This is top of the line when it comes to collections. I will not go so much into the storyline since this collections contiunues right after the privious and to have the complete collection you really need all 4, right? These looks so good in my bookshelf. More comics should be presented like this. 5 stars, no complaints!
on May 10, 2016
book as posted, thanks
on November 20, 2013
These books are great, no bones about it, and these volumes are an excellent way to enjoy the story. I just hope the new stories Gaiman is cooking up will be released in a similar fashion.
on June 12, 2014
I bought this to complete my wife's collection. She loves it. Beautiful images, great story, fantastic read! You won't be disappointed.
on December 5, 2013
Really touching conclusion to the series, does such a great job of showing Dream's flaws and principles, while also highlighting his relationship with Death.
on October 15, 2013
The Absolute Sandman is the best compilation in my opinion. Everything all together in 4 nice volumes and the quality is fabulous (there is a 5th but it's extras).