Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on May 7, 2016
I thought this was a good, Christian romance story. I read this without reading book one in the Big Sky Romance series.

I had disliked the only other book I had read by Denise Hunter--The Convenient Groom, book two in another series, read over a year ago, so much so that I had decided not to read another book by her. However, I somehow decided to read this one, not sure why, and this was also book two in a series where I hadn't read book one.

Accidental Bride was more serious than I expected it to be and more angst filled than I expected it to be. Shay was a pretty difficult person to win over (and sometimes difficult to read about!!) and Travis had the patience of Job.

I am lifting my personal ban on my reading books by this author! Haha!
on April 13, 2016
I love this author! I'm hooked within the first 2 chapters and I can't put the book down. I like how she makes the story pertain to real life issues and faith for hope for the future. You can relate to the characters struggles. It's more then just a romance novel it can help you grow.
on October 19, 2016
I know my reviews are short but I don't like giving a review of the book and I certainly don't like giving the plot away. I just like to say that I love Denise Hunter's book. I love her writing, the editing, the plots are fun, the characters are endearing, and the word just flow. An easy, clean read that I highly recommend.
VINE VOICEon July 18, 2012
THE ACCIDENTAL BRIDE is the first book I've read by DENISE HUNTER, and it won't be the last. I spotted the cover of this book sometime ago, and instantly wanted to read it. The title was intriguing, as well as the blurb on the back cover. Sadly, it sat on my bookshelf for some time before I was able to get to it, having other books I was committed to reading first.

Shay Brandenberger is struggling to raise her daughter on her family ranch after her husband up and left, then late succumbed to an early death. Despite her determination and prayers, she's about to lose the only home she's ever known.

Travis McCoy is back in Moose Creek, Montana after more than a decade. Little did he know he'd be roped into being the groom for the Founders' Day wedding reenactment. And the bride is no other then Shay, the woman he ran out on the day he was to be married back when they were teens.

Thrown together, Shay and Travis make the best of a bad situation. At least that's how Shay sees it. Travis is hoping for something entirely different. A lifetime with the woman he never stopped loving.

Right from the first page I was sunk. DENISE HUNTER is an amazing writer, with a talent for weaving together a remarkable story with a unique plot. I read THE ACCIDENTAL BRIDE in only a few shot days, not able to put it down. What a great twist on the convenient bride scenario.

I took forward to reading more of MS HUNTER'S books in the future. Next on my list of books to purchase is A COWBOY'S TOUCH. The first story in A BIG SKY ROMANCE.
on January 17, 2012
I have read every single one of Denise Hunter's books and she has absolutely outdone herself this time. I love Moose Creek and it's residents, especially Aunt Lucy, the darling thing.
Shay gets caught up in the Founder's Day re-enactment and finds herself 'accidentally' married to Travis McCoy, a man who left her standing at the altar 14 years earlier. She's never gotten over him and it seems he has never gotten over her, either.
Well, now she has a choice to make: stay married to him and save her ranch or kick him to the curb like he did her 14 years ago.
Denise Hunter knows how to thread the love of God all through her stories and is not afraid to let His light shine.
She can also tell a good romantic tale.
She uses a verse from Galatians throughout this story about how people worry so much about what others think while we should be worrying about what GOD thinks. This verse ministered to me, particularly through a rough time I've been going through and a relative had been asking me that same question: Why do you care what others think? Let God handle this problem.
You see, God ministers to His children through others and through a book Denise Hunter wrote. Just think, all those months ago when she wrote it, God used her words, probably even gave them to her, to help me through a difficult situation even before it happened.
Don't be afraid to buy this book. It's great.
on January 10, 2012
I enjoyed the first book in this series, A Cowboy's Touch, and had been looking forward to reading The Accidental Bride. I was not disappointed.

Shay's and Travis's story grabbed me from the first page, and I couldn't put the book down until I finished it. Literally. I picked up the book Sunday afternoon and finished it the same evening.

I am eagerly awaiting the next book in Denise Hunter's A Big Sky Romance series.
on July 10, 2013
This book is the second in the Big Sky Romance series. Shay is a character that we get glimpses of in the first book, A Cowboy's Touch. Her story is the main focus in this book. Fourteen years ago, she was left at the altar by the love of her life, Travis. Since then she has made one mistake after another. She fears the whispering gossip of the community and hides as best she can. When the man who broke her heart shows back up, Shay is determined to place that wall around her heart and not let him inside at all costs. Unfortunately, she breaks her foot and ends up accepting Travis's help and finds out that a simple re-enactment has turned into a lot more.

Travis has regretted leaving Shay that day, but he was chasing his dreams and was young. He knows that he has a hard road ahead, but he tackles it with a patience that impresses Shay at times, and she ends up trying that patience at others. He wants her back in his life, this time for good.

I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't fond of Travis in the beginning of the book, but his patience and determination to prove his love to Shay had me liking him more. In relation to the first book, Abigail is Shay's best friend and her story is told here and there, but I don't think that you would lose a lot by reading them out of order. The third book is called The Trouble with Cowboys and follows the story of Dylan, a person you read glimpses of in the first two books.
on June 14, 2013
I wish I could give this one 4.5 stars because it was my favorite Denise Hunter book so far. Although the premise of having an accidental wedding was a bit far-fetched in this day and age, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Travis was an honorable man trying to make up for a bad decision he made as a teenager. I felt sorry for Shay and the childhood she had to endure but, at the same time, I felt like someone in their 30's would have had a little more forgiveness for someone who did something careless at such a young age. Travis was patient with her as she dealt with her anger. In my opinion, there was just the right amount of spark between them to make the relationship realistic without crossing the line into explicitness. Christian fiction sometimes depicts people without any passion or desire which is both unrealistic and sad especially in a marriage. God put that desire in us and it is important to show how Christians have to work and make a conscious effort to keep our thoughts and actions within the biblical boundaries God set before us. I'm really enjoying this series and can't wait to see what happens with Dylan in the next book!
on October 13, 2013
This is a cute first story for this series. These 3 are not intertwined enough that they couldn't stand alone. Personally, I liked the other two a bit better, but this was good!!

Shay has been hurt before by Travis, but during a weird series of events they end up married. Shay is harboring bitterness towards Travis...and men in general.

Travis has come home to try to re-kindle the romance with Shay. Cute plot!

The thing I didn't like was Shay was a bit too stubborn. I mean, how many times and in how many ways does the guy have to prove he's sorry? I don't think any breathing woman could have held out as long as Shay! But it made for good romantic tension. I also don't think any man would have continued his pursuit as long as Travis did, which ran with the slightly unbelievable storyline.

Even with that, I gave it 5 stars because it's one you'll pick up and re-read on a lazy afternoon!
on June 21, 2014
I heard Denise Hunter,was a good writer and every book I have read of her's has been delightful,entertaining,and draws you in .. this is a 3 book series all about the wonderful state of Montana .. the "big Sky country". Shay and Travis were meant to be but ... with the past happening as it did Shay is not to trusting of Travis... BUT Dear sweet Aunt Lucy has God helping her :) with a twist of finding Love along the way and a wish to embark upon their own stories...truly God works such wonders in our lives