Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on April 3, 2017
Stephen Elliott certainly was ambitious in writing The Adderall Diaries. I had mixed reactions:
I completely related to the writing struggles, still don't have any interest in BDSM, and found the true crime aspects fascinating.
As were some of the Adderall comments. I agree with Elliott that speed is speed; but also that Adderall is or has been in the past extremely helpful for my focus during episodes of ADD or whatever it was/is.

I have to admit to being somewhat bored by forced, hard driving prose--OK we get it, tough childhood. Someone mentions James Frey's A Million Little Pieces mixed with Dave Eggers, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. I agree with the comparison.
The Adderall Diaries memoir aspects seem at times to be more like semi-novelization, but Elliott is making a good point about memory and how it plays tricks, distorting recollection.
on August 24, 2017
After all the sexual bragging, I was surprised to see a photo of a fairly unattractive man. But maybe it was just a bad picture.

A few things don't ring true--such as when he writes of getting on "the 101." That's LA speak. In San Francisco, one gets on 101. Makes me wonder how long he lived in the City.

There, that's enough to get my two stars up.
on April 24, 2015
An often painful, always intriguing memoir-slash-true crime piece. I was hoping for a happy resolution, but I knew early on that there could be none.
on February 3, 2016
I like it but it is not a compelling read. Lets face it; adderall is not a particularly dramatic drug.
on April 26, 2016
I saw the film first which is good because the book is so much better.
on March 3, 2016
Raw, relentless, revealing, riveting, really flucking good.
on August 28, 2016
Very good book
on August 24, 2013
What a well-written and concise history. I really enjoyed the approach the author has taken and he can certainly describe battle scenes as if you are there. I am looking forward to reading the author's other works!
on April 6, 2016
Good.
on March 30, 2015
This one stays with you.